Sequel: The Bride
Status: Complete ♥

Maid of Honor

Eight ♥

“H-he what?” Maria sputtered, looking at me.
“John. Almost. Kissed. Me.” I stated, looking at the two of them.
Kennedy’s face twisted into a pout.
“I’m sorry, Dia.”
“It’s….ugh!” I groaned, tossing my body onto the other couch. “It…his lips brushed against mine and then the stupid phone rang. Thanks again for that, Kennedy.”
Maria looked at her boyfriend.
“Thanks, Kenny.”
Kennedy stuck his head in his hands. I knew he felt bad.
“Did anything happen before that?” Maria asked me.
“Well last night we watched My Best Friend’s Wedding.”
“I love that movie!” Maria gushed.
He laughed and shook his head at his girlfriend.
“Do you know how many times I’ve seen that movie because of her?” He joked, looking over at the model.
“Shh!” She laughed. “You picked it out, right?”
I shook my head.
“JohnO picked it out.”
“Whoa.” Kennedy laughed. “Do you think he’s trying to tell you something?”
“That’s what I was wondering. After the movie, he was complaining about how Michael picked the wrong girl. He said that if he was in that situation that he would pick his best friend over the girl he was marrying…”
“Dia…you do know what that means…don’t you?”
“Please don’t say it out loud, Kenny.” I begged.
“It means that John wants you to stop him.”
I groaned.
“I just told you not to say it.”
“You needed to hear it.” Maria argued. “So…what are we going to do?”
“I have no idea. Julie is here, and John’s more than likely going to be spending the day with her. Then tonight we have the big get together at John’s parent’s house. Julie’s parents are going to be there, and everything. I have to do some sort of something.”
Kennedy laughed.
“That made no sense.”
“I know…I don’t know what to do here.”
Maria hugged me.
“It will all be okay.”
“How do you know?” I asked, feeling even more confused.
“I just do.” Maria smiled. “I have to go do a magazine spread. You two go out and plot and stuff. Oh, and remember that you have to change for tonight. Wearing the same outfit looks tacky. I know for the fact that Julie will be looking amazing. So you have to put her to shame…” She laughed, trailing off. Maria stood up and kissed Kennedy quickly before she grabbed her purse and left the house.
“You guys are sickeningly cute.” I made a face.
Kennedy just laughed.
“Would Starbucks make you feel better?”
“YES!” I stated loudly.
“Okay. I’ll call Garrett.”
“Why?” I laughed.
“Because Garrett is sneaky…unlike us. He could seriously help.”
“Okay…” I trailed off, nodding. “Are we going, my dear Kenny?”
“Yeah,” He laughed before we both stood up. We walked out of Maria’s house. Kennedy made sure he locked it and that he has the house key before we got into my car. “So this wardrobe change is for John?”
I huffed loudly.
“Mostly because Maria wanted to,” I answered truthfully. “She had a point, so I decided to listen to her.”
“I’m going to see my Dia right?” He asked. “You’re not always going to wear dresses…right?”
“Kennedy!” I laughed. “Of course you’ll get to see your Dia. She’s still in here. She’s just behind the make-up for once.”
“Okay…good,” He smiled. “I might miss my sister.”
I rolled my eyes.
“Sure…whatever you say, Ken.” I laughed at my ‘brother’.
I drove us quickly toward Starbucks. When we walked in, Garrett was already at a table with our coffees.
“Dorinda?” He asked carefully, looking at me. “Dude, you look hot.”
“Thanks, Gary.” I mocked.
He rolled his eyes and hugged me tightly.
“So…what’s this I hear about a plot to get John out of Julie’s reach?”
“You told him?!” I snapped at Kennedy.”
He shrugged.
“I had to tell him in order to agree.”
“I swear, Dia. Everyone knew that you two have some sort of pent up feelings for one another.” Garrett explained. “We like Julie…but she’s no you.”
“That’s true, Dia.” Kennedy added. “You will always be above Julie with us. Even if she does marry John.”
“John told me that I’ll always be above her too.” I told the two men staring at me.
“No way!” Garrett laughed. “That’s awesome! It means he likesssss you.”
“Stop being immature.”
“Have you met me?” He asked, raising an eyebrow at me.
“Lord…help me?” I asked, looking up at the ceiling.


“Andddd you’re ready.” Garrett stated.
“Should I be concerned that you know how to straighten your hair so well?” I questioned.
Kennedy laughed.
“Nah, it’s normal,” He stated, shrugging. “But you do look hot.”
“It’s not too over the top, is it?” I asked, tugging at the mini dress they dressed me in.
“Nope,” Garrett smiled. “We’ve been waiting years to see your legs, and this dress makes them look amazing.”
I blushed.
“This is all so new to me.” I admitted. “The skin tight mini-dress and the high heels. I feel…”
“Like a girl?” Kennedy asked me. I nodded again. “Stop worrying. You look amazing. John’s going to be speechless.”
“Well he was the other day.”
“And you weren’t even wearing a mini-dress.” Kennedy pointed out.
“The boy’s going to be staring at you the entire night.”
“That’s going to be awkward…considering Julie and her parents are going to be there.”
“I forgot about her.” Garrett pouted.
“You guys really don’t want her with John, do you?”
“She’s okay,” Kennedy shrugged. “As we said earlier…we just prefer you.”
“Awe,” I smiled at the two of them. “You guys are super sweet.”
“I try,” Garrett smirked. “Come on, let’s go.”
“I thought we were waiting for Maria?”
“She’s waiting for us.” Kennedy stated. “Stop trying to delay it.”
“Kenny…” I huffed, and leaned into his side as we walked out of Maria’s house. “Is this going to end badly?”
Kennedy laughed, wrapping his arm tightly around me.
“I doubt that it will end badly for you, Dia. It probably will end badly for JohnO.”
“Why do you say that?” I laughed.
Garrett appeared on the other side of me.
“JohnO’s going to be so distracted by you that he probably won’t pay any attention to Julie…or the rest of his family.”
“Ooh…” I trailed off. “That sort of makes me feel better?”
“It should,” Garret laughed. “You steal hearts,”
“Garrett’s gotta crush.”
Knowing that Garrett didn’t have a crush on me mad it all the more fun. His face paled and he looked at me.
“Dia…I…you’re not my…type.”
Kennedy and I laughed loudly.
“She’s joking, Gare.” Kennedy explained before we stopped at the car. We let go of each other and we slipped into the car. My leg bounced nervously the entire drive there.
“You could calm down a tad bit.” Garrett laughed.
I rolled my eyes.
“He’s right,” Kennedy sighed as we parked in front of John’s parent’s house. “Well, this is it.”
He was completely right.
No turning back after tonight.
♠ ♠ ♠
Newww chapter! :D

What do you guys think is going to happen next? Comment!

Check out Married To A Rock Star
xoxo Rae Marie