Sequel: Betrayed
Status: Joint Story

Unholy Confessions

We Only Wake Up When We Sleep

No matter how fast I ran, I couldn’t keep up with the little girl running away from me, giggling. I couldn’t see her face, but in the dream, I knew it was my sister as a toddler. As she ran, she started to look around before stopping abruptly and turning to face me.

Her dark brown eyes were wide, and bright; her little face flushed. In that moment, I realized she was waiting for me. My steps faltered; what was in store for me? She stood on a grassy hill, beckoning to me, and after a deep breath, I closed the distance between us.

She smiled and took my hand, leading me down the opposite side of the hill and into a meadow. Once we were in the middle, she released my hand and sat down, motioning for me to sit next to her.

After sitting and crossing my legs, she laid on her back and looked up at the stars. Soon though, she looked over to me and pointed up.

Taking the hint, I laid down beside her and looked up to the sky. To my immense surprise, and mild amusement, the sky turned into a giant silver pool.

Amongst the ripples, I watched Neche and myself grow up. Finally, I witnessed her incident and closed my eyes against the painful memories. My sister took my hand and told me it was okay to look. When I opened my eyes again, I saw Neche smiling with all of our new friends.

“I love you, Mina. I never blamed you. I hope Jason is worth it.”

I turned my head to the side and saw my sister was no longer a toddler, but her normal age, “He is, I promise.”

She nodded and looked back to the sky. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw that the stars had returned.

I whispered to myself and repeated, “I promise.”

“Mina… Mina, wake up,” Neche shook me from the depths of sleep.

“What’s wrong? What time is it?!”

“It’s three in the morning,” she giggled.

“Ugh, what the hell Neche, why did you wake me up?”

“Because I asked her to,” Jason’s voice cut through the dark room.

I sat upright and turned the lamp on next to my bed. Both Jason and Matt Berry were sitting on my sisters bed wearing identical smirks. I pulled the blanket up to my neck; I wasn’t wearing a bra under my skimpy tank. Neche giggled again and sat down on Matt’s lap. For a minute, we just sat and stared at each other before Neche finally sighed.

“So what’s up?” I asked groggily.

“Jason missed you,” Matt said matter of factly. Jason gave his brother an appalled look.

“Way to make me sound like a sissy woman, you bitch,”

“You’re the one who said we should go wake Neche and Mina up cause you wanted to see her!”

“So! That doesn’t mean you have to tell her! Now I look like a dork. You blew my cool cover.”

“You only wished you were cool. Like me.”

“Oh yeah? How cool would you look if Neche knew you wet the bed until you were ten?”

“You asmunch, Mom said I had a bladder disorder!”

“Hey hey hey!” I hissed, “Do you want to wake my aunt and uncle up? Or how bout Johnny? I’m sure my uncle would be a little more forgiving than Johnny.”

Neche was now standing next to the bed, giving Matt a wide eyed stare, “You’re not going to pee on my bed, are you?”

Jason and I cracked up and Matt glared at us all.

“Aww, boo boo,” Neche sat back down on his lap, “I was just kidding!”

Jason stood up and stepped over to my bed. He unzipped his black hooded sweatshirt and handed it to me. I quickly pulled it on and took his out stretched hand to step out of bed.

“Fancy a smoke on the roof?”

“Sounds good to me.”

He led me to the window, from which I assumed he and his brother had entered our room. We crawled onto the roof, and I was grateful that our room was the only one facing the back yard. After carefully situating ourselves on the rough shingles, he handed me a cigarette.

After placing it on my lips, he lit he end for me. As I took a hit and inhaled the bluish gray smoke, he lit his. We sat in silence for awhile, enjoying each others company.

Personally, I was enjoying the feeling of the shingles against my bare legs and the feel of his hip and thigh pressed against mine. He casually wrapped his left arm around my shoulders and gently pulled me into him so he could kiss my forehead.

“You know… it’s okay if you missed me.”
He nodded.

“Because, I missed you too.”

He smiled, “Is that right?”

I nodded and took another hit off my cigarette.

“I’m glad,” he whispered, and I almost didn’t hear him. We finished smoking in silence and crawled back into my bedroom. Matt and Neche were curled up on her bed, both sleeping and breathing evenly; hopefully a sign of good dreams.

“Here, I’ll tuck you in,” Jason offered. I crawled into bed, and was glad when he snuggled under the covers with me.

“You can’t stay the night,” I whispered sadly, “My aunt and uncle would flip their shit.”

He nodded in agreement, “But I can stay until you fall asleep love. Now shhhh,” he whispered into my hair, “Sleep now and have sweet dreams.”

I felt my eyelids start to grow heavy and before I knew it, I was out cold. All too soon, I was woken up by Johnny’s voice and our door slamming.

“Anyone want to explain what the FUCK is going on here?” he hissed.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it took so long to get out.
I've been having life issues >.<
I dont work or anything tomorrow so mebbe my wifey and I can make it up <3

Please let us know what you think <3
Kels