Sequel: Betrayed
Status: Joint Story

Unholy Confessions

Cocky

Jason had made sure we got back before lunch so that no one would get suspicious. I sat through lunch in a daze. Was I really dating Jason now? Was this what I wanted? Of course it was, don’t be a twat, my subconscious scolded and I giggled to myself, earning a look of confusion from Brian, who was sitting next to me at lunch.

I grinned sheepishly at him, and he smirked. Mental note to self… don’t smile at Brian, it gives him the wrong impression.

After ignoring most of the conversations around me, I just decided to look around. I was slightly listening, so I could “uh huh” and nod at the right times, but I was more interested in the way Matt was staring at my sister.

Neche was sitting between Zack and Jimmy on the bench of the picnic table outside in the courtyard and Matt and Jason were sitting on a stone bench at the end. His eyes never left her face and I was happy to see he had taken such an interest.

Now, one may ask, wouldn’t it be odd for two brother’s two date two sisters? Well… we were never a traditional family.

I mentally shrugged and went back on with half listening. Jason caught my eye and winked, and I felt my lips curve into a shy smile.

“What did he tell you?” Neche demanded good naturedly of Val. Apparently; our cousin could confide more in her than in his own flesh and blood.

“Well,” Val began, eager to gossip, “He said-“

“Shut up!” Johnny cut her off, blushing. We all laughed.

“We will find out, Johnny!” I warned. We always did.

“Yes we will,” Neche agreed and laughed.

Then she looked at me, and gave me a look that said, “I know something’s up with you, even if no one else notices. Don’t think you’re off the hook.” Yes, I could tell all that from a single look. But she was my sister, and sisters are supposed to know things like that. I sighed inwardly and gave her a nod, showing I was up to talk later.

Looking down at my tray, I saw I had barely eaten my pizza. I just hadn’t been hungry, so I stood up to throw it away.

To my slight dismay, I saw Brian get up and follow me out of the corner of my eye.

“Hey Mina, I was thinking about that date,” he grinned. He really was handsome, and I didn’t really mind cocky guys, being cocky and conceited myself. And I knew instantly that if Jason were not in the picture, I would be all up on Brian.

“Listen, Bri… Jason asked me to be his girlfriend.”

The smirk was instantly wiped off his face, “What?”

“Yeah…”

“Did you ask him about his last girlfriend? He cheated on her, Mina. Why would you want to be with a guy like that?”

I shrugged, “I didn’t know him then,” I said slowly, “And I don’t think he would do that to me.”

“Yeah, well, my sister didn’t think he’d do that to her either, and look what happened.”

“Wait, what? He dated your sister?”

“Maybe… okay, no,” he sighed, “But it may as well have been.”
I gave him an impatient look. I just wanted to get back to the table and zone out until lunch was over.

“She was one of my best friends. She was so upset, she transferred schools.”

“Jesus Christ, who did he cheat on her with?”

“Her own sister.”

His words rang through my head and an image of Neche and Jason began to form. Quickly and furiously, I shook the image from my mind. No. Neche would never do that to me. I could count on that.

“I blame the sister just as much as I blame Jason,” I said finally.

Brian sighed and walked away. I so wasn’t in the mood to play nice if he was going to have a little temper tantrum. I threw my trash away and followed Brian back to our friends. Instead of taking my seat on the bench between Brian and Val, I walked to Jason and sat on his lap. He smiled widely and wrapped his arms around my waist.

“Are you two dating yet?” Shads asked.
I looked up to meet his eyes before nodding shyly.

“That’s great!” Val gushed, “Now we need to find the other two a boyfriend and a girlfriend.”

“Who says I want a girlfriend,” Johnny mumbled.

“I’m sorry, what?” Jimmy asked, “Did you say you wanted a boyfriend? That you love playing butt pirates?”

Johnny groaned and wadded up his napkin before throwing it at Jimmy as we all cracked up.

I looked over to see Zacky give my sister a hopeful look. I was happy to see I wasn’t the only one caught up in an awkward love triangle. Neche looked between Matt and Zacky and looked at me. I could see the confusion in her dark brown eyes.

This was definitely something we were going to have to talk about once we got home. The bell rang, signaling the end of lunch, and we all slowly got to our feet.

Jason wrapped his strong arms around me before walking off towards his class. I took Neches hand and we followed Jimmy and Johnny to history class.

Three hours later, school was over. I was slightly disappointed to find out that Jason and Matt had to work again after school, but he promised to come over after he was done. I nodded, satisfied, and kissed him goodbye.

Brian could be seen glaring at us and made a point to push past us to walk to the bus. After rolling my eyes, Neche and I made the decision to walk home.

Johnny offered to walk with us, but we politely declined; it was evident that we needed some sister time.

We linked arms and started off for home as I told her about Jason asking me to skip and his asking me out on the beach.

“It was kind of romantic,” I said breathlessly.

Neche giggled, “I’m so happy for you Mina. Really, I am.”

“Thank you for telling him.”
She nodded, but said nothing about it.

“Neche… these people have really accepted us as their own.”
She nodded again.

“When will you tell them?”

She stopped walking and turned to me, “When I’m ready.”

“Sweetie, don’t get defensive… I was just asking. I can see how much Matt likes you. And not just Matt. Zee REALLY likes you.”

She smiled sadly, “And I like them both.”

“But…?”

“I don’t know who to pick.”

“What if you went on a date with them.”

“At the same time?” she asked, horrified.

“No! This isn’t some trashy t.v show,” I laughed.

“Maybe I should kiss them,” she mused.

“Maybe,” I agreed, “That would def show who you have chemistry with.”

“You got so lucky with Jason,” she smiled at me.
I felt myself blush. It was true, I really did.

“I did. Now, let’s plan a way for you to kiss these mother fuckers!”
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's so late.
I had to work >.< I have to work in the morning too. YAY money!!! Saving up to see A7X for the 4th time ;)

Funny story... my boyfriend saw the pictures of Jason Berry on my computer and kinda freaked out. Was like... you have a boyfriend you know... how would you feel if I had pictures of girls on my computer. Then told me I was cheating with my eyes XD

Yes, I'd prob get mad if he had random girls on his computer, but c'mon... it's Jason Berry, and he's fucking adorable <3

Please comment and subscribe!!!
-Kelsey