Sequel: Betrayed
Status: Joint Story

Unholy Confessions

The Return of Brian

“It’s nothing until I say it’s something!” Neche said before leaving my room. Johnny and I waited until we heard the door shut before we looked at each other. We had to do something. Maybe we wouldn’t tell anyone, but we would have to make sure she was never alone. It was now more than ever that I wish she could pick between Matt and Zacky, because maybe then she could tell another guy what was going on. That way Johnny and I could be sure that she was always with someone. It almost made me consider telling the guys and swearing them to silence… but I knew that my sister would be furious. After all… it was her story, not mine. In hushed voices, we made a plan to make sure Neche was with one of us at all times unless she was on a date. And under no circumstances was she to walk home… ever.

I hugged Johnny goodnight and tried to go back to sleep, but my thoughts kept returning to the dream. I really hoped that it was some prank, but I was going to suggest to Neche that maybe we should get our numbers changed, just in case. With this thought in mind, I was finally able to ease into a fitful sleep.

I awoke in the morning to my sister singing in the bathroom while she got ready for school. Sitting up in bed, I stretched. I hated waking up early… and it was good to know that tomorrow I could sleep in. Neche opened my door and peeked in.
“Oh good, you’re awake. I’m going to get some breakfast if you want to get in the shower.”
I nodded and she flashed me a smile before closing the door again. Today couldn’t be over fast enough, and it was only six thirty in the morning. After pushing the blankets off of me, I grabbed a new pair of clothes and entered the bathroom. I plugged my music into the speaker my sister and I had put in the bathroom and blasted music while I got ready.

Twenty minutes later, I was sitting in the kitchen, eating coco pebbles with Neche and Johnny. For whatever reason, both our aunt uncle had left early this morning and would be gone the whole weekend. This meant one thing; party at our house tonight. Neche and I were looking forward to the distraction while Johnny fretted about things getting broken. For as big of a rocker he was, he wasn’t very good at just hanging loose. Jason and Matt had found a way to get us the booze, so that wouldn’t be an issue, and the guys were going to play. It was going to be an awesome time.

As soon as I had finished eating, we heard a car horn honk. I tossed my bowl into the sink, grabbed my backpack and followed Neche and Johnny out to Jason and Matt’s van. Jason smiled and kissed me as I climbed into the passenger seat before throwing the gear into reverse and backing out of our driveway. We drove in silence on the way to Zacky’s house, and we were all surprised to see Brian standing with him. Jason’s knuckles turned white as he gripped the steering wheel.
“The fuck…”
“Babe,” I put my hand on his arm, “It’s okay. Don’t worry about it. I’m with you. Maybe he’ll drop it.”
Jason nodded and parked in Zack’s drive way. Matt opened the door from the inside and crawled into the very back to make room. Brian and Zack got in and found seats before closing the door. The ride to school was uncomfortable to say the least, that was until Brian cleared his throat and asked if he could talk to us.
“What dude,” Jason said icily.
“I just wanted to apologize. What I did was wrong. I guess I’m just not used to being told no by a beautiful girl. You’re lucky to have her man.”
“I guess it’s cool bro,” Jason answered after a few minutes pulling into an empty parking spot. We all climbed out and Brian walked up to me.
“No hard feelings?”
I shook my head and hugged him, “Not as long as you know that I have feelings for Jason only.”
Brian nodded and hugged me back, “Can’t blame a guy for trying,” he whispered so only I could hear. I rolled my eyes and pushed him away to see a slight smirk on his lips. I pushed past him and ran to catch up with Jason.

Luckily, school went by quickly and before I knew it, Neche and I were combing through our closets, trying to find something to wear.
“I can’t find anything,” Neche groaned.
“Me either… let’s call Val and go shopping!”
♠ ♠ ♠
I love Jason. So much.