Sequel: Betrayed
Status: Joint Story

Unholy Confessions

Silver in the Dark

I had to admit that I felt a bit better about the guys staying over. Val made herself sick with worry, so Shads took her home. It would have been nice to have him around, but we understood. Soon, Jimmy and Johnny came back home, and I had Neche go into the other room as I retold the story. I watched all the color drain out of my cousins face as the truth hit home; this guy knew where we lived. Our family, Johnny’s parents, were no longer safe. Jimmy’s eyes flashed with anger, his beautiful blue eyes turning icy. We tried to distract ourselves by playing a game of cards, but after twenty minutes, Neche threw her cards down.
“This is getting ridiculous,” she sighed, “I just can’t stop thinking.”
Matt touched her head and kissed her temple, “I won’t let anyone hurt you babe, I promise.”
The rest of us nodded, not really sure what to say. It seemed pointless to lie and say that everything would be okay. I mean, who knew? Sometimes things had to get worse before they could get better. I quickly pushed the thought from my mind.
“Maybe we should watch some tv?” Johnny offered. His face was still pale, and I felt bad for endangering his parents. Maybe we should’ve just stayed in Syracuse.
“No,” Neche sighed again, “Maybe we should all just go to sleep…”
“I’m not really tired,” Johnny mumbled and walked into the family room. We heard the television click on and the theme song for South Park start to play.
“What a great, what a great audience,” Jimmy imitated the character Jimmy on the show and Neche offered him a small smile.
“Well… maybe just one episode.”
We all moved to the other room and tried to take our minds off of this tragedy waiting to happen. Finally, Johnny started to yawn, and I knew we all felt the same exhaustion. Jimmy volunteered to sleep on the couch so he could hear both the front and back door and the rest of us wandered upstairs. I watched as my sister crawled into bed, still in her clothes before Matt closed the door. Jason wrapped a comforting arm around my shoulder and led me to my bedroom. Feeling like I was in auto pilot, I changed into pjs, brushed my teeth and crawled into bed next to Jason. At first, I thought I would have trouble falling asleep, but I underestimated the comfort I found in him, and fell asleep instantly.

I felt like I hadn’t been asleep for long when a loud crash on the roof woke me up. I sat up and looked out the window. The moonlight showed that in front of my window was clear, until a dark shadow blocked out the light. I couldn’t see his eyes, and his face was covered by a mask. The man raised his hand up and lifted a finger to his lips in a sushing gesture.
“JASON!”
Jason shot up and ran to the window, throwing it open and grabbing at the masked figure.
“Mina, run to Neche!”
I threw the blanket off and ran to open the door to my sisters room.
“Neche!”
Both my sister and Matt sat up.
“What’s going on?” he asked.
“There was… a man… on the roof. He was wearing a mask. And he put his finger to his mouth, like he was trying to tell me to be quiet.”
I turned as I heard someone walk in behind me. Jason walked in, frowning.
“He got away… I got this though,” he held up the black mask.
“Well… did you see what he looked like?”
Jason shook his head, “Just his eyes flash silver as he got away…”
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh jeeze... that would scare the living crap out of me.
What kind of person does that? I mean, c'mon.

My wifeys gonna explode with nervousness o.o
I love you wifey.. I wont let the bad man hurt you!

Comment! DO IT NOW!!!!!
Please? Lol

Kelsey