Sequel: Betrayed
Status: Joint Story

Unholy Confessions

Until the End

It had been two days since Nech disappeared. Currently, Jason and I were sitting on my bed, looking through old yearbooks from New York. It might seem a strange thing to do, but my gut instinct was telling me to look. Had this been any other occasion, I might have been horrified that Jason was about to see pictures from when I was a freshmen in high school. I had gone through an awful awkward stage, and was embarrassed by the tiny black and white picture. Jason was holding the yearbook from my sophomore year while I skimmed the pages of my junior class.
“Haha, who’s this tool?” Jason laughed.
I looked up in confusion, my concentration broken. Jason handed me a book and pointed to a picture of a boy with light hair, think glasses and braces. In an instant, I was taken back to my high school in Syracuse. There had been a time in the hallway… the boy had been pushed down, his books flying in all directions, and the jock kicked him twice for good measure. Neche and I had watched, horrified as the jock’s friends took turns kicking and stomping on him… until my sister couldn’t take it anymore. She had marched right up to the ring leader and shoved him hard. The guy had fallen on his ass, and his friends went from laughing at the nerd, to laughing at him. Neche helped the kid up while I gathered his books, and handed them to him. She dusted off the back of his argile sweater and we walked him to class. After that, Neche had always asked him to sit with us at lunch, or in class. He was nice… a little awkward, but nice. He disappeared halfway through the year after Neche turned him down on a date. I could still remember the hurt in his eyes when she said no… eyes that were gray.
“Mina?” Jason touched my arm, and I remembered where I was.
“Jason… what’s that kids name?”
“Um,” he ran his finger down the page, “His name is Robert… Robert Summers.”
We looked up at the same time.
“I knew he looked familiar!” I shouted.
“Who is it?”
“Fucking creepy ass kid…”
“Who?”
I rolled my eyes and jumped off the bed, “C’mon, we have to find the others.”
“Mina, really… who is this clown.”
“Jason… meet Trey… when he was a nerd.”

“Welcome to the mother fucking meeting,” I said, pacing the basement. Johnny and Lacey were sitting on the floor, while Val, Shads, Jimmy and Matt all crammed onto the couch. Jason stood next to me, a look of concern written all over his handsome face.
“We brought you here because we need all the information we can get about Trey…” Jason started. Val gasped and I held up a hand.
“Now listen, we tried to tell you that kid was a creep.”
She instantly closed her mouth, and I regretted being snarky with her, but I would apologize later. I told them all about Robert and everything that had happened with him in Syracuse. They all listened, eyes wide and mouth slightly open in terror. I was ninety-eight percent sure that this bastard was behind my sisters disappearance, and I would put this to an end.

“Mina! Johnny!” My uncle cried hysterically from the top of the stairs. Johnny and I looked at each other before running up the stairs. Aunt Linda was sitting at the kitchen table, staring expressionlessly out the window while Uncle Jim paced the kitchen. His face was drawn into a tight grimace and his eyes were red and full of tears.
“What happened?! Did they find her?!”
He looked up at us and shook his head before collapsing to the tile floor, sobbing. He held his bald head in his hands, his glasses pushed up onto his forehead. Johnny knelt down awkwardly next to his dad, and put an arm around him.
“What’s going on? Aunt Linda?”
She turned to me, and her normally bright hazel eyes were dull and dead looking and I gasped. In front of me was a woman who had seen way too much pain in the last few days than anyone ever should.
“Aunt Sharon and Uncle Randy are dead, Mina. They can’t find Bear, but they think he’s dead too… the police have your parents in hiding, and we’re going to undergo surveillance. “ she turned back to the window. It felt like my heart had stopped beating and I felt my knees give out underneath me and everything went black.

When my eyes opened, Jason was kneeling over me, and I heard yelling coming from downstairs.
“What’s going on?” I mumbled.
“You passed out, babe. I’m so sorry Mina… we’ll find your sister I promise.”
I nodded, “Did we find out anything about Trey?”
Jason bit his lip and nodded, “That’s why they’re yelling.”
We both looked up when the door to the basement was thrown open and Matt came barreling out.
“Matt, wait,” Johnny ran after him, “We should call the police!”
Matt didn’t slow down, just ran out the door and we heard the Berry’s van roar to life and peel out of our driveway. The rest of the guys ran up the stairs, and Shads was on the phone. From the sound of it, he was talking to the police and giving them an address.
“We need to go,” Johnny cried as the group rushed out the door.
“What the fuck is going on?”
Jason picked me up off the floor and we followed everyone out.
“Jimmy knows where Trey lives… Matt took off to save Neche on his own. Stupid prick is going to end up killing himself. Then what am I going to tell my stupid fucked up parents?” he muttered the last part more to himself than anything. I shrugged it off, we’d talk about it after this nightmare was over.

When we reached Trey’s house, the police had the building surrounded. I cried out in horror as I saw my sister being used as a shield against the police. She held a bundle in her arms, and I heard a muffled cry of a baby over the shouting. Matt stood on the front lawn, yelling for Trey to give my sister back. We all watched in horror as Trey started to take a step back into the house, knowing that the moment to rescue my sister might be slipping away. Matt must have noticed this as well because he made a fun for the steps. Three things happened in that instant, and I watched as if in slow motion. The first, was that my sister and the baby, who I could only assume was my nephew, was pushed into the house. The second, Trey held up a pistol, took aim and shot Matt as he ran. The bullet hit Matt and he was turned around by the impact before falling to the grass. I heard Jason scream in pain behind me as he watched his brother fall. The third, was a lone sniper take out Trey with a single bullet. I heard Neche screaming in the house, and I pushed my way through the crowd to reach her. Having to climb over Trey’s body was one of the worst things I’ve ever had to do, but I did it to hold my sister and her son in my arms. She looked over my shoulder at Matt and continued to scream. I turned to see Jason kneeling next to Matt, tears racing down his tan face as the paramedics came rushing in. One team went to Matt, while the other took Neche and Bear into an ambulance waiting on the curb. Johnny and I got into the cab with my sister and the baby and he called his parents. Finally this nightmare was beginning to end.
“Where’s Matt? Is he okay?” Neche cried hysterically. Johnny and I looked at each other, and when I went to check on him, she grabbed my arm.
“Please don’t leave me Mina. He killed Uncle Randy and Aunt Sharon… he said he wanted us to be a family again,” she sobbed against my arm. Jimmy and Zacky ran up to our ambulance looking relieved.
“Matt’s okay. He was just shot in the shoulder, the EMT’s took him to the hospital, but they said he would be fine. The bullet passed through without damaging anything.”
“Is it over? Is it finally over?” Neche looked up and me and smiled hopefully through her tears.
I nodded and leaned down to kiss her forehead, holding Bear to my chest, “It’s finally over.”
♠ ♠ ♠
1447 words.
I feel like this is the most epic update I've ever written, but I feel like my wife will be pleased.
This has been fun to write, I hope you all enjoyed my chapters as much as I've enjoyed writing them.

Banners and we'll make you girlfriends to the guys???? You know you want to ;)
Kelsey