Status: Keep or Kill?

Lovesick

Californ-i-a

I gazed at up at him as he played on stage. In my hands, I clutched two pieces of paper, both folded neatly together. The first was the note from my fridge, signed Chris Drew, the second was from me.

Chris Drew,
I'm here!
Love, Jane Doe

I stood at the back of a large crowd, hoping that, by some miracle, he'd notice me. I was waiting for the perfect moment to pass both notes forward. Somehow I just knew they would make it to him. When he started to sing “Jane Doe” I knew it was the right moment. I rapped on the shoulder of the person in front of me and told them to pass it forward. I watched as, slowly but steadily, it made it's way to the front. As the song slowed to an end my heart accelerated. Someone up front started waving their arm franticly, clutched in their hand was my note.

“What's this?” Chris asked into the microphone. “A note?” He reached down and grabbed it. He unfolded the crinkled papers and his eyebrowns knitted together as he read, first his, then mine. “Who sent this?” he asked. Slowly, the throng of people began to split down the crazy trail that my note had taken. Finally, only I was left, standing at the end of the trail. Chris jumped from the stage and cut straight through the crowd, ignoring the open path.

“Hey Chris,” I said quietly, giving a small wave.

“Steph, oh my God!” He picked me up and spun me around, hugging me so tight I feared for the life of my unborn child.

“Chris, stop,” I wheezed.

“What's wrong?” he asked, taking a step back.

“I'm pregnant,” I whispered. I was overly aware of everyone's eyes one me. Chris just stood there, staring blankly at me. Then a wide grin split his face. He kissed me quickly before turning back to the crowd.

“I'm gonna be a dad!” he screamed, receiving many odd looks. He ran back to the stage and grabbed a microphone. “Okay, so some of you may not know this but if you flip to the dedication page in the little CD booklet thingie you'll find a page of me just ranting on about how wonderful my Jane Doe is and how I wish you all could meet her. Seriously, I meant to say something about my family, and about you guys of corse but I couldn't fit it. Anyways, I've got someone special for you all to meet. Come on up here Sam,” he called. I made my way up to the front where her helped me up.

“Hey everyone,” I said shyly.

“Okay everybody, this is my Jane Doe, Stephani Collins, and guess what!” Chris yelled. “This is Chris Jr.” He rubbed my bloated belly and everyone cheered. I blushed madly. “Oh my God!” Chris screamed. “I almost forgot. I've been carrying this around since I got to California.” He dug madly in the pocket of his skinny jeans for something before pulling out a ring. He got down on one knee and held it out to me. “Will you marry me?”

I almost passed out.

“Yes!” I cried. He placed the ring on my finger and and a kiss on my cheek.
♠ ♠ ♠
It's short, sorry.

thanks for the comments/subscribing

~ xoxo <3 Byrd