Say Goodbye.

Say Goodbye.

I leaned back in the wooden desk chair and smiled softly down at my work I had finally finished. The paper was smooth and unmarred. A few simple sentences were nearly written across the smooth, white surface in perfect, black ink. It was completely undisturbed, unlike the former letters and notes I had written that were damaged with black splotches randomly placed where bitter tears had mixed with inky, black writing.

"This is it."

I stood up from the desk and grasped the note in my hands. I made sure not to wrinkle or put any creases in the paper. This time, everything was going to be perfect. I wasn't going to let anything happen to mess it up.

Everything was perfectly set in place. Mother wouldn't be home for at least another few hours. This gave me plenty of time to put my plan into action. By the time she would arrive, it would already be too late.

I went into the bathroom and placed the note on the smooth, white countertop and then proceeded to open the small cupboard above the sink. I withdrew the bottle of Advil and a smooth, metal razor blade. I was surprised that my hands weren't trembling like they had in the past. Grasping the two items in my hand, I quickly turned around and turned the metal knob that sent a jet stream of hot, steamy water into the smooth, porcelain tub. I took off my shoes and placed them neatly next to the door and lowered my body into the steamed water, clothes and all.

I smiled, pouring a handful of teal, round pills into my mouth and swallowing them all dry. I coughed a little bit and set the bottle on the floor right next to the tub, screwing the lid back on tightly. Smiling softly to myself, I pulled up my wet, dark purple sleeves that were drenched with hot water, to my elbows and pressed the metal to my skin. A gasp of surprise left my lips as a sharp pain went jolting up my arm to my shoulder. I pressed down harder and grinned devilishly as the skin parted and a rich, crimson river began to run down my arm and then so softly, kissed the water. I pulled the blade up my arm in a jagged, uneven line until it came right to the crease in my elbow. With every passing second, more and more blood began to pour from the jagged gash into the water.

I set the blade down on the rim of the tub and let my body sink down farther into the water. I let my arms and legs float and drift through the water, taking up every inch of space left in the bloody water. Already, I could feel the strength and life leaving me, I was finally receiving what I wanted.

"Finally..." I barely whispered softly to myself as the sweet sound of rushing water filled my ears.

I met death that night, 8:45 PM on March the 3rd, 2011. Amelia Bennett said her final goodbyes and was finally free of the harsh and cruel world she had been forced to be apart of for 17 years.

I, Amelia Bennett, was dead.
♠ ♠ ♠
Op.
I've never written anything like this, I'm not sure what I think of it..