Sequel: Don't Speak.

My Best Friend

Chapter Three.

“Chloe, Kid you ready?” Kane questions Chloe, watching as she looks back to her house before she looks down the street to where Matt’s house sat.
Chloe wiped her face free of tears, putting a brave smile on her face, “As I’ll ever be” She murmurs to him and he wraps his arms around her tightly.
“I love you kid” He whispers, kissing her forehead affectionately, as a cab pulls up outside her house.
“I love you too Kane” Chloe whispers to her older cousin and he pulls back, wiping her face for him.
“If they didn’t turn up by now, they aren’t worth it kid” He tells her, his face understanding as the cabbie lifts Chloe’s waiting luggage into the trunk of his cab.

“Have a safe flight” Kane tells Chloe, pushing her hair from her eyes, “I’ll see you in a couple of days” He tells her and she nods her head, pulling him in for one last quick hug.
“Drive safely Kane” She tells him, their arms falling from one another before Chloe climbs into the awaiting taxi, closing her eyes after she waves one last time to Kane.

Twenty five minutes later, as Kane finishes locking up Chloe’s house, three hummers squeal against the pavement outside Chloe’s driveway.
Kane smiles warmly at Jimmy as he gets out of his car. Leana and Cassie with Jimmy, before he glares at the other getting out of the two hummers beside it.
“I didn’t think you were coming back.” Kane comments to Jimmy, Leana, Cassie and Val; completely ignoring the other people now out of the hummers.
“We weren’t” Val tells Kane softly, before looking over to her now crying twin sister, “But they finally realised what Chloe meant to them.” She states and Kane scoffs his gaze falling on Matt.

“You’ve got a lot of nerve” Kane hisses to Matt, and Matt stares down at his feet, his face guilty as everyone stares at him.
“Hey, now dude” Johnny tries to calm Kane but Kane glares at him, shutting the short man up.
“You aren’t welcome near my cousin. And you’re so lucky she made me promise not to fucking hunt you down, because not only have you now hurt her physically but you hurt her mentally too” Kane hisses to Matt, getting awfully close.
“I found my sobbing cousin this morning, alone in bed because YOU left her like she was some fucking whore, you piece of shit. I should break your neck.” Kane hisses at Matt, slamming his fist into the van beside him, while everyone stares at him and Matt in disbelief.
“I was going -”Matt starts but Kane cuts him off.
“Don’t fucking make up shit ass excuses, because I don’t give a shit. Explain that you cheated to your fiancé, explain to your friends how you fucked over your ‘best friend’ and then left her like a whore, but most of all have fun living a lonely life. Because if it’s up to me, you will never get within ten feet of my baby cousin” Kane hisses at Matt, watching as the burlier man lets a tear fall down his face before Kane turns, pulling the van door open and climbing in.
“Move your fucking pieces of shit” Kane barks out the window, and Johnny immediately sprints back to his idle hummer, pulling it forward.

Kane leans out the window, offering a smile to Leana, Jimmy, Cassie and Val.
“Nice to meet you guys even if it ended like this” Kane tells them softly, before he rolls his window back up and pulls away from the house, not giving the place a second glance.
♠ ♠ ♠
Erm yeah, short but important.
Maria xoxxox