‹ Prequel: Goodnight, Beautiful.
Sequel: Second City.

It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia.

02.

Cameron stood at the edge of the bed for several minutes thinking. His brothers had bet he didn’t have the balls to go through with it, but he was the thrill seeker; the one who never turned down a challenge. Although her back was to him, Cameron pulled back the covers and slipped into the warm space his father had occupied only moments ago. Not even bothering to hide the sly smile that toyed at the corner of his lips, Cameron snaked his arm around Bristol, slipping it through the opening between her arm and ribcage. With his palm open, he made his move.

Waves of adrenaline shot his body as his closed his hand around her breast. Bristol’s eyes shot open at the unfamiliar hand on her body. It was way too small to be Danny’s and she could hear the boyish snickers from behind her. Griping her free fingers around Cameron’s wrist, Bristol pulled the hand away from her chest as she ripped the blankets from her body.

She could hear the water running from the sink of the bathroom; Danny was in there brushing his teeth. Rolling out of bed, Bristol grabbed a sweatshirt from one of the hooks on the wall. “Danny, your son just groped me!”

With the toothbrush still in his mouth, Danny stood in the doorway and looked at his son, as Cameron smiled back. His cheeks were flushed pink, but he smiled with triumph. Knowing he was about to have his father of the year award taken from him, Danny walked over to the bed and fist pounded Cameron.

---

In the kitchen, Bristol pulled out a bar stool and sat. She yawned, rubbing her eyes with her index and thumb. Claude stood in front of the stove, sporting a white and blue striped apron; it protected his bare chest. Bristol knew she would get way too comfortable staying there if Danny and Claude planned on walking around shirtless every morning.

“Coffee?” Claude asked.

Bristol nodded. He had asked the sacred question. She told him she wanted it black, two spoons of sugar. Placing the mug down in front of her, Bristol stirred it as Claude turned his attention back to the cooking food. Neither Caelan nor Carson were down yet either; they were probably listening to their youngest brother as he shared the experience of touching his fist tit.

“What are you making?” The scent of food flooded Bristol’s nostrils. Her stomach panged with hunger, reminding her of hungry she was.

“Grilled cheese. Do you want one?”

Bristol looked at the clock; it may have only been 10:30, but a grilled cheese certainly did sound good. Shrugging her shoulders, Bristol held the mug in both hands as she blew the steam from the top. “I would.”

Before buttering up two more slices of bread, Claude flipped the finished sandwich on to a paper plate and cut it down the middle. Calling up to the boys, Bristol realized it sounded like a stampede as Caelan, Carson and Cameron ran down the stairs for their breakfast. Bristol realized if she planned on staying there for a while, she’d have to start pitching in and she was a queen in the kitchen. It wasn’t often any of the males in the house sat down to a good, home-cooked meal and that would chance as long as she was there.

Pulling out stools on either side of her, the boys gathered around. They snickered and none could look Bristol in the eye. She was rather flattered; an eleven year old boy had never grabbed her chest before. Kris had always joked that when she had a baby, all the neighborhood boys would be stopping by daily for cookies and milf.

Bristol had never had one of the famous grilled cheese’s the boys were always speaking of, and when she sank her teeth in to the warm and gooy sandwich, she was rather impressed.

“I think you have a hidden talent in the kitchen, Claude.” Bristol ripped off another bite with her fingers and shoved it into her mouth. The young man blushed, turning his back to Bristol as he set the hot pan in the sink. Something in her gut told her the dishes would end up sitting for a few days until the cleaning ladies Danny paid came by. Bristol thought she’d take a stab at doing the dishes later; she wasn’t about to let a few broken fingers and fractured wrist stop her. Besides, she was going to have to drive herself into Philly in a few days for dance classes. Summertime was always the busiest, but she was looking forward to the extra cash.

Just as they all finished their breakfast, Danny walked into the kitchen while rolling up the sleeves to his blue button down. Bristol couldn’t keep his eyes off him; she always found a sharp-dressed man to be rather sexy.

“Are you guy’s ready?” Danny reached for an orange in the bowl of mixed fruit on the countertop. Dressed and ready, the boys hopped off their stools before tossing their plates in the garbage. They mumbled yes, obviously not too pleased with their father and his insistence they run errands with him. It was the last time in nearly two weeks they would see Bristol. With several weeks still left of school and a vacation with their mother coming up, they at least had a little fun in the sun to look forward too. Still, Bristol couldn’t bring herself to tell either Danny or the boys she still planned on heading out to Cabo the following week. She didn’t have to room with Carcillo; as long as she didn’t interfere with him getting laid in Mexico, Carter agreed to let Bristol room with him.

“Can’t we stay here with Bristol while you go out? It’s just food shopping and we’re not going to be here to eat it anyway.” Carson tried pleading with Danny; it didn’t work.

“Say good bye to Bristol. I’m dropping you off at your moms after we’re done.” Danny slid his feet into his shoes and listened to the boys groan.
One by one the boys approached her, hugged and kissed her goodbye. Bristol didn’t want the boys to leave either; they were the only ones who could keep her mind off Daniel. She leaned against the wrought-iron back of the barstool and crossed her arms over her chest.

“I should be back later, around six-ish.” Danny placed his hands on her shoulders, squeezing, massaging them gently. “You should try and get some sleep, you still look tired.”

The dark circles under her eyes were the give away. Bristol was tired but she wasn’t sure how much sleeping she’d actually do. Just trying to close her eyes last night had been a difficult task to accomplish. She had grown so used to falling asleep in the bed she and Daniel shared, with his strong arms tightly wrapped around her. Her mind wandered back to him; Bristol wondered what Daniel was doing. She couldn’t imagine him lying in bed, holding her pillow close to his chest as he wiped fallen tears from his cheeks. He was probably sitting on the couch with all the shades pulled down over the windows. Darkness looming in the house while he sat absently watching a UFC fight with a bottle of vodka or whiskey in one hand. Bristol could picture the sight in her mind; he was unshaven, wearing only wearing boxers and occasionally lifting the bottle to his lips for a drink. She only wondered how long it would be until one of his whores showed up to erase all the memories of her.

“I will.” Looking over her shoulder, Bristol could see the look of uncertainty in his eyes. Danny knew she wasn’t going to lie down; she’d be up and about filling her time with useless activities. “I promise.”

Sliding out of the chair, Bristol tossed away her garbage as she turned toward Claude. “Looks like it’s just the two of us today.”

“Actually, I’ve got to start packing. I’m headed to Atlantic City for a concert with a few friends.”

Bristol knew she should have seen it coming. She really didn’t expect Claude to be sitting around the house all week without the boys now that their hockey season was over. Bristol didn’t want to be stuck there either but, she had no choice. Where was she going to go? The hospital to visit Kris, or back to the townhouse in Philly?

Heading back upstairs to Danny’s room, Bristol shut the door behind her. A cool breeze came in through the open window and the bright sunlight flooded the room. Unzipping her hoodie, Bristol shook it off, tossing it on to the floor beside the dresser. Her hand was killing her, the pain was throbbing. Pulling back the unmade blankets on the bed, Bristol jumped in, and closed her eyes for a few more hours of sleep.

---

It had begun to rain just minutes after Bristol woke up. She found the sound soothing as she eased her breathing and wiping the cold sweat off her forehead. For the third time that week, she had been awoken, terrified from nightmares. She wished she could remember what they were about, but every time Bristol began to retell the story, she found details hard to come by.

The time on the clock was almost unbelievable to her. It was a quarter to five; had she really slept for six hours? She guessed it wasn’t too hard to believe, especially when she’d only gotten a total of twelve hours over the past four days. It was only a matter of time before her body finally shut down.

Danny still wasn’t due back for another thirty minutes and Claude had left after Bristol had gone down for a nap. The note he left on the fridge said so. Grabbing a can of Diet Coke, a half-empty pint of Ben and Jerry’s and a small bag of chips from the pantry, Bristol headed into the family room to watch IQ decreasing reality television. Maybe if she was lucky she could catch an episode or two of Jersey Shore.

Dumping her food on the coffee table, Bristol sat on the sofa with her legs tucked beneath her. She held the pint of chocolate ice cream in her cast free hand, using her teeth to pull open the lid. The caffeine and sugar from the ice cream would cure her headache…and her broken heart.

As it always did, the remote for the television was on the table and she leaned forward to grab it. It took a second, but when the screen lit, Bristol was sure today really was her day, and things now could surely only get better. She caught Star Wars: Episode III on Spike and that only meant one thing. Four, five and six were to follow.

It was fate, Bristol realized. When she was a teenager—and trying to get over the fact her sister had slept with another one of her crushes—Bristol and Nick would lock themselves in his room, pull the shades over the windows and watch all six episodes in one Saturday. Binging on junk food, and having heartfelt talks with her younger brother always made her see the sunshine on a dark, cloudy day.

Sprawled out on the couch, Bristol wrapped her body up tight in a blanket as she watched the movie. All of her attention was devoted to Hayden Christensen, but as soon as Danny stumbled through the door, she turned down the volume. He was holding a brown paper bag and the scents coming form it rose Bristol from the couch. Chinese.

“It’s really coming down out there.” Danny ran his hand through his damp, mop of dark hair. He was surprised to see Bristol still dressed down in a tee-shirt and bleach stained sweat pants. Her hair was still tied up in the same tail from last night at the ER.

“I like the rain,” A smile toyed with the corner of her mouth as she reached for the food. “It has a soothing way with me. And plus, there’s nothing better than fucking during a thunderstorm.”

He hoped she was joking. But by the way she didn’t say so after made him wonder. He followed her into the kitchen as she set the bag on the table and took out the white cartons. “Do you want to use plates or just—“

Pushing the food aside—and ignoring Bristol’s look of confusion—Danny grabbed her hips, pushing Bristol down on the table. His lips came crashing down on hers as Bristol gripped the edge of the table. Just as they had earlier that morning, she could feel the calloused pads of Danny’s fingers as the inched their way under the elastic band of her sweats and panties. Her breath became hitched in her throat, and it seemed like her brain had forgotten just how to work as his skilled thumb pressed itself on her oversensitive clit. Danny could himself become lightheaded as he slipped two fingers inside her. Bristol was tighter than he expected; but then again, she was much younger than the women he slept with.

He could feel her tighten around him. A fireball welled in Bristol’s tummy as her back arched involuntary. She told herself to stop enjoying the pleasure; it had only been twenty-four hours since he had crushed her heart. But her brain was out voted by her heart, and an audible moan escaped as she felt Danny’s lips traveling to her most private parts.

All thoughts she had were suddenly washed clean from her mind as Danny used his fingers to spread her hot folds and he used the tip of his tongue to tease her swollen and sensitive clit. Bristol gasped and tangled her fingers in his hair as she tossed her head back and allowed a moan to escape her lips. Over and over his tongue flicked the bud, before wrapping his lips around it sucking ever so gently. Danny continued to add pressure and suck harder all while enjoying the reaction he was getting from her. He felt himself become hard just listening to the delicate noises Bristol was producing
Her orgasm came quick, ripping through her body as it made her go weak. Bristol’s grip on Danny’s hair became tighter as she tugged at its roots. Her muscles quivered and finally relaxed as Bristol tried evening her breath.

Small beads of sweat collected on her forehead. Wiping them away with the back of her hand, Bristol could feel the butterfly kisses Danny placed on her stomach. Her eyes closed as she felt the warmth of his mouth over hers. His lips lingered over hers, kissing them gently.

“You’re right,” Danny rested his head in the curve of Bristol’s neck. He could feel his own drowsiness as her fingers delicately stroked his hair. “It is fun to fuck during a thunderstorm.”