Status: Hiatus

Blue And Yellow

One

"Here, this is for you." his green eyes shined in the sunlight as I was standing outside of his house with him. He held out an unmarked CD. I was getting ready to leave for Los Angeles for a few months. I had to get away for a while. All the madness around me was driving me up a wall.
"What is it?" I pushed my hair behind my ear.
"It's stuff I wrote for you. Will you just fucking take it?" he pushed it closer. I could hear the frustration rising in his  voice. His voice. The grainy sound that always calmed my ears, let me know everything was going to be alright. 
I swiped it from his hands and stuffed it in my purse, 
"Thanks." was all I mananged to croak out.
He got closer and wrapped his long arms around me. 
"Stay." he whispered in my ear. His breath was warm and it smelled like mints. I pulled away.
"John, I can't. I need to get the fuck away from everything. From this, from my problems, from you." I sighed.
"Amy, I'll make it better. I'll fix it." his eyes glowed with hope that I'll say what he wants to hear.
"I have to leave. If you think that it's that easy to pick up the pieces of my life and glue them back together, you really don't know me at all." His face fell, all hope leaving his eyes. I turned and started walking to my car across the street. Every step made a cold and tingly pain in my stomach. Was I doing the right thing?
"So you're just going to give up? Turn your back on me? Your friends, and problems? It's that easy for you to just dump us to the side?" he called down his walkway as I stood on the curb waiting to cross the street.
"Yup." I snarled and ran across the street. I was lying. If he thought it was that easy, he REALLY didn't know me. It was the hardest choice of my life. But I had to do what was best for me. There was so many lies and loss of friendship swirling around me, I had to get out. I had to take a breather.
"WELL FINE!" he called across the street. I looked back at him as he stormed inside and slammed his front door behind him. I threw my purse down on the empty passengers seat, started my car and took off down the road. I had just broke another thing in my life.
♠ ♠ ♠
Let me know if you like it!