Status: Current.

We Can Live Forever

Nothing.

Shit was defiantly an understatement.
"Grace, Hun?" I crouched down.
She turned to me, eye blurred by tears.
"They killed my parents, because they tried to save me..."
The realization hit the eight of us like a ton of bricks.
"What are we going to do?" Jet exclaimed, running a hand through his curls.
"Well, how did her parents even get the cure in the first place? It's guarded 24/7!" Frank asked, clearly bewildered.
"How the hell should I know? Perhaps they stole it?" I intervened. "In any point, if they created it themselves we could find their supply and cure everyone else!"
"Unless BL/ind destroyed the supply the Kennedy's created." Party said.
I frowned at him.
"It's worth a try, my dear. Grace, do you know where your house it?"
She nodded, tears pouring down her cheeks.
I took her in my arms, holding her to myself.
We packed up our stuff and drove toward Battery City.

*********
On the outskirts, Grace informed me, near the old high school.
It was a beautiful pure white two-story building, splattered with bits of red.
I could guess what it was.
Getting out of the car, Grace was still clutching my shirt, nuzzling into my shoulder blade
I motioned for the other to follow me as I crept inside the doorway, a horrible stench filling my nostrils.
The group fanned out, myself going up the staircase.
I shuffled through the family's things, searching for a clue.
There was nothing, only animal filth and human possessions strewn every which way.
As I took a glance around Grace's room, there was a horrendous scream from downstairs.
I dashed to the source, almost vomiting when I saw what was before me.
There was a corpse, maggot and rodent infested, dried pools of blood surrounding it.
Grace tried to take a glimpse, but I held her tightly.
"Where is the Mrs.?" Party questioned, eyes wandering about the destroyed family room.
"She must have played dead and escaped." Mikey observed, tugging on the hem of his jacket sleeve.
"But to where?" Riley pondered. "This was, and still is, a wasteland."
"Dr.D..." I thought out-loud.
"What?" Frank's eyebrow rose.
"Remember Grace told us he saved her from BL/ind. He might have her mother in protection."
"Brilliant idea." Party complimented. "Let's go find him now!"
********
The desert winds swept sand against the already crusty walls of the diner. The door barraged its hinges, systematically swinging in the breeze.
A soft mutter was coming from inside, growing louder as we approached the entrance.
"I hope they've got her. Or else she's ghosted."
"I know, Show, I know. I hope she made it as well. Or the planet is fucked."
Party and I let ourselves in, Grace now peacefully asleep against my throbbing heart.
"Yeah, we sure got her, Doctor." Party stated, standing very guarded beside me.
Dr. D spun his chair around, raising a bushy eyebrow in surprise.
"You know I don't like smoking in here, Gerard."
So...Party Poison is Gerard...hmm...
Gerard shrugged, taking a puff of the cancer stick, before passing it to me.
I accepted the cigarette, tasting his coffee breath on the butt.
I nodded toward Dr. D, blowing a cloud of smoke at him as I spoke.
"Why did you give her to us? If you couldn't keep her safe, what made you think we could?"
He glanced at Show Pony, who quickly walked into another room, shutting the door behind him.
"I know all about you, Raven Monroe. Your whole life story, every last detail about you."
I glared at him, shocked at his words.
"You know absolutely nothing about me!" I hissed, storming out of the diner.
Nothing.
♠ ♠ ♠
So...YAY! Finally a chapter. :3
Hope you enjoy, at that none of you expected it.
Prolly did though. I mean, ANGST.
ANYWAY. Love you all. <3
xo xo Sarah