Have Faith in Me

Christmas

“Is everyone here?” I asked Matt as he walked into the kitchen. It was Christmas morning and we were waiting for everyone to show up to open presents.

“Yep. We’re exchanging gifts and waiting for you to come to start opening them,” he answered. I placed the cookies I had just pulled out of the oven onto a large plate.

“Then let’s go out there.” Matt grabbed my hand and pulled me out to the living room. I was met with various Merry Christmas’s which I returned.

“Can we open our presents now?” Zacky whined. Sheryl playfully swatted his arm.

“Behave, Zachary,” she teased. He grinned.

“Go ahead and open your stuff, little boy,” Matt chuckled.

“I am not a little boy! Johnny is!”

“My height does not make me a little boy!” the bassist protested as he started to open his gifts. The sounds of ripping wrapping paper filled the room. I opened my own gifts.

I got a new lens for my camera from Sheryl and Zacky, a necklace that had a charm of a camera from Brian, and a couple of Cds I had my eye on for awhile from Johnny. I noticed I hadn’t gotten anything from Matt but I didn’t say anything. I glanced at him in time to see him looking at the watch I had gotten for him.

“Is everyone done with their presents?” Matt asked after a few minutes. After looking around at each other, everyone nodded. “Good. Because I have to give someone their present.” Matt looked at me, a smile on his face. I raised an eyebrow, unsure of what he was gonna do. “Rachel, these past couple of months have been amazing with you,” he started. He paused for a moment. “I’m not gonna lie, I’m completely head over heels for you. I’ve never felt the way about someone like the way I feel about you. So I was wondering if…” His voice trailed off as he opened a small box. In it was a bracelet. I could see the words “Have faith in me” engraved on it. “If you’d be mine forever?” Matt finished, looking up at me. My eyes filled with tears as I tried to find my voice. “Rachel?”

“Of course!” I finally said. I kissed him as I felt him slip the bracelet onto my wrist.

My life would be spent with the man that said he’d never let me go and he never did.
♠ ♠ ♠
And there's the end! Thanks to all of you silent readers, subscribers, and commenters! And before anyone asks, there is no sequel for this story.
If you'd like something to read, maybe check out my fanfic for Jeremy McKinnon of A Day To Remember, If It Means A Lot To You.
Thanks once again! <3