Soul of the Centaur!

Home:

I know I had seen a deer at the road side. She had barely looked up, as I passed her on my way home. That's not what you'd expect from a doe, in any situation. Naturally, deers fear humans, for good reasons. Only I'm not human? I'm a centauress. She had heasrd my hoove hit the ground, as I had been trotting by.

As she confirmed I'm not a human on a horse, she'd been back to what she had been doing. Not that I had taken all that much time, looking at her? Enjoying the freedom, the wind in my hair, as I was trotting by. Maybe she had known that? Either way, she is right, I did not take the time to stop. Maybe I would see her again? I did not know, did not care, not now.

Minutes later, I could see my home. Only the door is open, which did not bother me. Maybe I never had been selfconscious before. Why start now?
“Hi, Mom!” I simply exclaimed, as I trotted in, into our home.
Never a thought of my change. Not until I hear my hoofs hit the floor in the hall.

Thankfully, it is a sturdy Oak. We've always had that there, and I never saw as much as a scratch on it before.
“Welcome home Jenifer, my girl.. I see you had a good day at school!” she exclaimed.
For some reason, you don't call your mother by name. You just call her mom. Anything else, would feel like calling your self? You'd gett a 'busy tone”.

“Oh yes, I did!” I replied.
“All grown up!” she exclaimed, happily with joy in her voice.
Looking at my glistering black equine body. Clean white stockings, and red hooves. Then I twitched my golden foal tail. Only now it hit home. I had not even realized.

Maybe this isn't what kids are talking about. Is it because it's just there?