Status: Discontinued

I'm in Love with My Best Friend Nick Jonas

May 25, 2011

May 25, 2011

“Nick, what the hell do you mean you’re dating Delta Goodrem?!” I exclaimed heatedly as I felt my grip on my cell phone tighten after I asked the question.

“Rose, I thought I told you before! She’s a great person and I really like her!” he retorted just as heatedly.

“Oh, you mean just like how you liked Miley and Selena? What about them? And what about Nicole as well? And-”, I began, but he cut across me.

“You know what I had to go through with them and how I felt at the time about them! It’s not like that with Delta!” he exclaimed.

I could tell I was upsetting him by the tone of his voice. I was arguing with my best friend, Nick Jonas of all people for the millionth time in our lives and he still didn’t know. He still didn’t know how I felt about him.

“What the hell is she? Some sort of unknown section of the military? Delta”, I sneered.

Soon enough, I heard a click, then a dial tone, indicating that I’d pissed him off. I tossed my phone on my full-size bed before collapsing entirely on it face-first, groaning into my pillows. I didn’t understand. I didn’t understand how my best friend in the entire world didn’t know that I was in love with him.

But where are my manners? My name is Roseanna Parker and I’m the Jonas Brother’s second best friend. I’m currently 20 years old, upset at my 18 year old best friend. My birthday is on November 1st and even though I should be happy for Nick, I’m not.

I should be focused on my second semester in college, but I can’t since the dumb idiot is dating someone else and not even realizing that I’ve been in love with him.

But in order for you to understand who I am or where I even came from, I have to start over from the beginning.

Insert sigh. Well, let’s begin, shall we?



It all started some years ago-October 15, 1996 to be exact. The Jonas’ were on vacation in Florida for one reason or another and decided to go to Jacksonville, Florida. Why? To this day, I still don’t know the true reason, but I guess it was just fate.

I remember it as though it were yesterday.

Three boys entered a popular park in Jacksonville called Metropolitan Park or Metro Park for short. I was playing with my mom, running around as she chased me, but we soon grew tired.

It was an autumn morning, slightly breezy outside, but my mother insisted on us visiting the park that day. At the time, she had decided to go and get some drinks from our nearby picnic when I saw Nick, Joe, and Kevin enter the park with their parents.

Nick was four at the time while I was five, going on six. Joe was seven while Kevin was nine. My mother beckoned me to enjoy the weather when I heard the boys playing while their parents went for a walk.

They were playing a game of tag when suddenly, Nick ran straight into me, by accident, of course.

“Nick!” Joe and Kevin exclaimed in unison.

They rushed over to us, Joe helping me up as Kevin helped Nick up.

“Nice going, Nick. You ran into her!” Kevin scolded. I guess Kevin was the more concerned one back then, too.

“I-I didn’t mean to”, Nick mumbled, but I heard him as did the others.

“No point in saying that. Apologize already!” Joe urged.

“I-I’m sorry, um-”, he began, stopping when he realized he didn’t know my name.

“Roseanna. My name is Roseanna. And your names are?” I asked hesitantly. I was never open to new people, especially not strangers.

“I’m Joe!” he said enthusiastically before introducing his brothers. “This is Kevin who is older than me and the one that bumped into you is Nick, our youngest brother”, he explained.

“Rosie?” my mom called, rushing to us in an instant.

“Oh! Hello! Who are your new friends?” she asked in a gentle tone, smiling as her ear-length, curly hair blew slightly in the wind.

Denise and Paul came over to us as well, hearing the commotion.

“Oh my goodness”, Denise began, smiling at the four of us, “I’m sorry if the boys scared your daughter.”

“We didn’t mean to cause you guys any trouble”, Paul added with a polite smile.

“Oh, it’s no bother at all. Rosie, I see, has just made new friends with your lovely boys”, my mom replied earnestly, waving her hand at the matter.

“Rosie? That’s a beautiful name”, Denise complimented, bending to my height.

I grabbed my mom’s hand out of instinct, looking from her to Denise and back again. She nodded encouragingly before I walked to Denise, shaking her hand, smiling at her.


From that day on, we all clicked. My mom became friends with the boy’s parents and the boys and I were friends ever since. I remember everything I’d experienced over the years with the boys from meeting Maya to Nick’s solo tour.

Even now I can clearly remember Joe’s first date with Mandy to the time when Kevin and Nick first sung and played the guitar for me, all of which, I was there in person to see.

Since I mentioned Joe’s first date with Mandy, I’ll tell you about recount on that memory first. Boy, this is going to take a while.
♠ ♠ ♠
Brand new fan-fiction! I just came up with the idea for this story two days ago and I liked the idea of it, so I decided to write it.

I'm planning on posting another new fan-fiction, so be prepared for that new story as well.

^_^

Please don't forget to comment and subscribe.

Five stories at once! I'm on a roll!