Status: Discontinued

I'm in Love with My Best Friend Nick Jonas

Our Time in L.A.: Part I

Taking me by the hand, I carried the duffle bag with my right hand while Nick carried his bag with his left he led me up the stairs and to the top floor which was only the 7th one.

I expected it to be an apartment, but when Nick unlocked and opened the door, I realized it was a penthouse. When I say penthouse, I mean Nick went all out for it.

It was a masterpiece in and of itself! The entirety of the penthouse had light brown wooden tile that glistened as though it were marble. There were lights placed in subtle, perfect places and they were motion-based. The living room had white couches with black pillows. There was a type of white carpeting all on the floor on top of the original floor and a large flat-screen TV rested above the mantelpiece. The walls were all white, but there was an occasional painting hung as well as photographs of friends and family.

The kitchen was designed much like the living room except there were ailing tables with high chairs instead of the traditional table like his parents had at their house. Most of the countertops, however were grey granite and marble while a silver refrigerator rested in next to the sink which next to that to the right was the stove followed by other counters.

There was a huge gap of space in which there rested a mini-theater as well as a recording booth where an entire room rested where his instruments of some guitars both electric and acoustic, pianos, and a drum set lay.

Last, but not least was Nick’s room which I went into last. As expected, it had a black frame and was king-size instead of the queen-size I expected it to be as well as black pillows. The sheets were all white as well and there was white carpeting around the edges of the bed on the floor to serve as a sort of covering for a person’s feet if they were to step out of bed. He had a huge closet, but it wasn’t too big; just big enough for a good deal of outfits and shoes. Just imagine a double-door sliding closet, but triple the size.

There was a TV in here, too, but to my surprise, the curtains in here were black and I soon realized the curtains everywhere were black even the ones in the theater/kitchen. He had a dresser, computer desk, a couple of bedside tables, all of which were perfect to the core and had everything arranged neatly.

Did I mention the tables, dresser, and desk were all black? He even had a rolling office chair for the computer desk. It was awesome!

I took a quiet breath as I took it all in.

“Damn,” I got out with a laugh. Nick laughed as well as he unlaced hands with me finally.

“What made you decide to go with the black and white theme?” I asked.

He shrugged before answering me verbally.

“I don’t know. I was going through a phase and this seemed to work out great, actually,” he admitted.

I laughed again, but it was short-lived as I began to unpack. Nick walked over to his closet, opening it with his suitcase in one hand.

“Come on,” he said in a soft tone.

Caught off guard, I followed him just as the light turned on by itself motion-activated of course. I smiled looking up at the enormous room only about ¾ of the closet full of clothes. The entirety of the last quarter was empty and there was an extra dresser in there as well. I raised a brow at him as he beckoned me forward.

“If you want you can put your clothes here,” he said pointing to the unused hangers which seemed to add up to at least 50.

I laughed, but it wasn’t from me being taken aback.

“A-are you serious?” I asked in shock.

“Yeah. Just think of this as your place, too, you know?” he asked scratching the back of his neck nervously.

I swallowed as my heart beat rapidly almost pounding in my chest.

“Really? Why?” I asked uncontrollably.

“Well, if this is going to happen regularly, you might as well have some place permanently you can have as your escape besides Jacksonville or friends there,” he answered, but it seemed like an excuse.

I raised a brow in skepticism, but he only shook his head before he began hanging his things up.



Eventually after the unpacking finished, we ended up lying down in his bed just relaxing until I decided to speak.

“I broke up with Joe,” I said in a low tone.

“I broke up with Delta,” he replied in the same tone.

“So…where does that lead us?” I asked. He sighed quietly before answering me.

“I don’t know. It’d be bad for us to start dating right after we broke up with our exes,” he answered.

I sighed as well before speaking.

“I know,” I said with sadness.

“Can I ask you something?” he asked in a soft tone.

I sat up staring at him just as he spoke.

“If I wouldn’t have told you I loved you and Joe’s actions were the same, would you have stayed with him?” he asked catching me off guard.

His question went through my mind as I thought hard about it. A few moments passed before I answered him.

“I don’t know. Honestly, I didn’t expect you to show up at all. But to be honest and to answer your question, I don’t think so,” I answered honestly.

He sat up, too with a confused and shocked look on his face.

“Why?” he asked causing me to laugh slightly.

“A kiss is one thing, but sleeping with someone entirely crosses the line. I really, really liked Joe, but he cheated on me so I had no choice but to break up with him. My trust was entirely erased when he told me what happened so yeah,” I answered feeling bad again.

“I’m sorry,” he said sympathetically before climbing out of bed.

“Where are you going?” I asked worriedly.

“Come and follow me to find out,” he answered with a smile. I laughed lightly before following his footsteps which happened to lead to the music room.

I smiled as he sat at the piano playing the familiar keys to Vesper’s Goodbye. I sat down next to him as he played the keys that matched my mood. After a while, he spoke.

“I wrote this song about you, you know?” he asked catching me off guard. That was news to me.

“Really? Why?” I asked taken aback.

“Because I realized when I didn’t have you what it felt like to be truly alone. Miley and I had broken up years ago, Selena and I weren’t together anymore and I wasn’t dating Nicole either. I had no one even though I had you as a friend, I wanted more than that,” he explained.

I nodded in comprehension as the song came to an end causing me to shed a tear or two.

“Why’d you have to make it so sad, though?” I asked in a teasing tone hitting him lightly with the back of my left hand.

He caught it just as it hit his arm rubbing it gently before he kissed it. I blushed as a smile covered my lips as my heartbeat increased dramatically. Suddenly his phone rang causing the both of us to flinch in shock. We laughed softly in unison, Nick kissing my hand again as he answered it.

“Hello? Joe?!” he asked taken aback. He glanced at me as I stared back at him, my heart beating rapidly from panic before he spoke again.

“What do you mean you’re coming to L.A.?.. I mean, I know you live in L.A., too, but-,” he began, but stopped.

It was a few moments before he spoke again.

“What the hell do you mean you want me to come and pick you up?! I’m not doing that, Joe,” he said in a firm tone.

He sighed before concluding.

“Fine.. No, you’re not coming over. Neither Rose nor I want to see you. No you can’t talk to her!..I’m not going to ask her, Joe,” he said with finality before hanging up.

“What was that about?” I asked in confusion.

“Joe’s flying back here and he wants me to pick him up from the airport. At first he tried convincing me to let him come over, but I know neither of us wants to be around him right now,” he explained.

“Just let me go and buy something to go swimming in while you go and pick up Joe,” I suggested causing Nick to raise a brow in skepticism.

“You sure you’ll be alright?” he asked. I nodded feverishly before he pulled out a credit card from his wallet.

“Here. Before you begin to protest, I’m taking care of you whenever you’re here so don’t think you have to pay for anything and don’t even try to spend any of your money,” he said in a firm tone.

I rolled my eyes before taking the card reluctantly. I grabbed my purse as he changed into something else to look “presentable” and soon enough we were off.
♠ ♠ ♠
Last update for a while. :) The next update will be really soon so please stay tuned.

Please don't forget to comment and subscribe.