Status: Discontinued

I'm in Love with My Best Friend Nick Jonas

Our Time in L.A.:Part III

I walked to the living room sitting on the middle couch which faced the TV as I dialed Joe’s number but as expected, sitting was out of the question for my nerves.

It rung twice before Joe answered.

“Hello? Rose? Did something happen? Did you need to talk? What’s wrong?” he asked frantically in a concerned tone.

I rolled my eyes before answering him.

“Yeah something did happen. Why did you have to use Nick’s phone and answer my texts to him pretending to be him?” I asked in a calm yet angry tone.

A nervous laugh escaped him before his voice filled my ear again.

“So you found out, huh?” he asked in a shy tone and I could tell he was smiling as well.

“That wasn’t funny at all! Nick is pissed now because of you! And quite frankly, so am I! You had no reason to do that!” I scolded trying desperately not to let my emotions get the better of me.

I was talking to my ex-boyfriend and it wasn’t because of something good. We were arguing over something which I’ve always hated about some exes I’ve had.

“I did it because I do love you. It’s not like I was pretending..I just went along with what you were talking about sort of,” he said defensively.

“That doesn’t friggin’ matter, Joe! It was still wrong to do it!” I exclaimed, my voice raising.

“Yeah I know it was, but what was I supposed to do? I’m sorry, but I don’t regret what I did. I want to be with you, Rose. You can’t say you don’t have at least a little bit of feelings for me,” he said with over-confidence.

“Get over yourself, Joe. And the least you could have done was apologize instead of having your head up your ass. Don’t do it again and stay away from us, got it?” I asked hanging up without giving him a chance to answer my question.

An exasperated sigh escaped my lips as I plopped back on the couch flinching as Nick’s voice filled the air.

“I’m sorry,” he said in a soft tone. I turned seeing him a few feet from me causing me to pat at the empty space next to me on my right.

He sat where I indicated, no longer in his shoes or anything besides his swimming trunks. Even shirtless, he was warm, but I realized he’d gained some weight compared to the previous year.

“You’ve been missing your work-outs, haven’t you?” I asked trying not to be offensive.

“Yeah I have. Delta didn’t really mind, but I just got lazy and didn’t bother trying to stay fit,” he admitted.

“It’s OK. I just liked it better when you were more built. It was sexy to be honest,” I admitted biting my lip afterwards.

“Really?” he asked with a smile. I nodded feverishly causing both of us to laugh.

Suddenly Nick took his left arm which rested on the back of the couch, pulling me closer to him and I touched his bare torso in an intimate way for the first time causing tingles to send through my body. A shaky breath escaped me causing Nick to speak first.

“You alright?” he asked softly.

I nodded once as he placed a kiss to my forehead my eyes closing at the touch of his lips on my skin.

We sat for a few more moments before he spoke again.

“Wanna go into the hot tub now?” he asked.

“Of course,” I said as though it were obvious causing him to laugh.

We grabbed a towel, our wallets, his key and our phones while Nick himself grabbed a shirt and two pairs of sunglasses. We put on our shoes went to his back patio which had a table, a few chairs with a huge gap between that and the hot tub. What was cool about it had to be the fact that another table rested next to the hot tub so we could place our things on it.

The patio was shaded where the hot tub was and Nick was the first to get in. I took off my shorts, tank top, and flip flops after we placed our things down and got in slowly.

“Not too hot is it?” he asked. I shook my head as a content smile covered my lips.

The water was fantastic and seemed to melt my troubles away. Nick looked at me as I had my head resting on the frame of it with my eyes closed as I thought about everything. Nick and I weren’t together, but I couldn’t stay there. I had class in two days and knew I couldn’t stay for the weekend. Things were complicated for our schedules.

“Don’t think too much,” he said suddenly. I was beginning to think if he was a mind reader.

My eyes whipped open and stared at him in wonder for a moment before I spoke.

“Sorry. I just-wish things were easier, you know?” I asked him answering with a few nods of the head.

“You wanted to go back tomorrow?” he asked.

“I don’t want to go back, but I know I have to,” I answered honestly.

“Well, it’s not like I could stop you. I’m sure there are going to be times in which you won’t be able to stay here ‘cause I wouldn’t be here,” he replied.

I took a sharp intake of breath realizing the matter as well.

“So we’re going to be together, but it’ll be something like Joe and I’s relationship,” I said it sounding like a question rather than a statement.

Nick’s eyes whipped at me before he spoke again.

“Nope. It’ll be even better,” he said with a smile as he scooted closer to me, wrapping an arm around my shoulders and we stayed like that resting and relaxing in the awesome water.



The following night arrived and I was lying in bed thinking of the next day. Nick had already booked my flight for tomorrow evening and we weren’t really looking forward to it. We didn’t really speak much as the hours went by after we were in the hot tub, but it wasn’t exactly a bad thing.

“Rose, get dressed,” Nick said suddenly coming into the room.

I lifted my head abruptly wondering what he was talking about and why he was so serious.

“Is something wrong?” I asked in a panicky tone, but Nick shook his head.

He pulled out a bag in the closet, tossing it to me. I pulled it out as I stared at it incredulously.

“Nick, what’s going on?” I asked in confusion.

“Nothing. Just put it on,” he said with a smile. He exited the room walking elsewhere so I changed from the pair of shorts and tank top I had on to the outfit Nick had for me.

I grabbed my purse as I nervously grabbed the sunglasses Nick wore earlier in the day. As expected, Nick returned in a few minutes time and I was ready.

He’d changed into a white t-shirt, black zip-up hoodie, sneakers, and swimming trunks. He also had a beach bag with him that carried a couple of towels and a dry pair of jeans for himself.

I smiled realizing he was taking me out on our first date no matter how spontaneous it was.

He didn’t bother taking his sunglasses off of my forehead and instead grabbed another pair and his keys before we left without a backwards glance.



I honestly didn’t expect Nick to take me to another beach; maybe a hotel that had a pool, but not the beach seeing as what happened the last time.

It was around sunset so when we unpacked, we could at least see everything.

I was grateful he chose to at least seclude the beach for us, but that only made me think of Joe’s attempt of our date on my birthday and that didn’t end well.

Nevertheless, the thought was charming still to say the least. Nick took off his white, V-neck and I stripped down to my bathing suit as well. The first thing Nick did was toss me over his shoulder despite the protests that escaped me.

He made a jump as though he were going to get into the water, but didn’t and quickly set me back onto my feet and the sandy shore.

I glared at him, hitting him as I took off running. He of course caught me and we eventually ended up walking hand-in-hand as a peaceful silence besides the occasional waves and gull calls fell between us. When we came back, I thought it was over, but it wasn’t. I didn’t put my skirt, shoes, and shirt back on so we ended up going to a nearby hotel and changed into drier clothing there.

Once I was dressed in my shoes, skirt, and blouse, we climbed back into the car and were off.

We ended up at an expensive restaurant and despite my protests Nick still chose to lead me inside. The dinner was delicious despite the outrageous prices. Nick then took me to local dessert shop and bought me glazed and raspberry filled donuts (my favorite!) which we ate at home instead of the shop.

Nick watched me eat a couple of donuts before I was full deciding to save them for the next day. We hadn’t kissed at all that night bothering me, but when we brushed and got ready for bed, Nick had other plans.

We were cuddling, watching TV in his bed when he leaned in and kissed me on the lips. His lips felt so good on mine and it was when he repeated his actions from the night when he was at my apartment when I realized he was just as ready as I was that night. He stopped at my collar bone before staring up at me.

I nodded my head in response to his stare before he resumed his actions. Each kiss, touch, and sound was complete euphoria for me and made a powerful, magical memory in my mind that when I woke up the next morning I hoped with everything that I hadn’t dreamt it all.

But by the sound of Nick’s quiet snores and naked body under the covers, I knew we shared something we wanted to do because we wanted to-not because we had to. It was when I turned to face him and laid my head on his chest with my right arm that I knew I loved Nick with every single fiber of my being despite everything that happened over the years to now.

Nick’s phone vibrated on the nightstand next to mine and I slipped out of his grip wondering who was texting or calling him this early in the morning. I wrapped a robe I got out of his closet around me before picking up his phone. Of course, it was Joe.

Return Rose to me, Nick! This isn’t fair! I love her just as much as you do! I’ve been there for her when you rejected her, neglected her, and stopped talking to her! Damn it, Nick! I’m going to fight for her! You haven’t won this war yet. I won’t stop until the last breath of my body leaves me so prepare yourself, brother.

I stared from Nick to the phone and back again placing the phone back on the stand before grabbing my own and then exited the room walking into the bathroom instead.

What was I going to do now?
♠ ♠ ♠
Please disregard the Author's Note in the previous chapter. I honestly thought I wasn't going to continue writing anymore Nick Jonas fan-fictions because
1) I was running out of material,
2) I wanted to move on with my life since everything writing-related was revolved around him and his brothers,
and 3) Feedback was extremely minimal during the last few updates of this story as well as my other stories so I was starting to get depressed.

Writing is a huge part of my life and whether or not I want to accept the fact that I've started this writing thing, I have to finish it as well.

With that said, I'm going to be adding a couple of additions of new stories that won't be Nick Jonas related AT ALL. Believe me, even if I wanted to, I wouldn't be able to finish all of stories mentioned in the previous A.N. by May even if I worked every weekend on every story.

But I like these stories and I think I finally have a sense of direction in which I want to take each of my stories. So, the next semi-Nick J fan-fic will be released around May or June at the latest HOPEFULLY.

Also, I'll try to update this story as well as my other ones more often than 2 months or so at a time. I am a college student and free time to work on my stories isn't always guaranteed so I'm going to work my butt off this Spring Break writing and other things to avoid anymore delays with writing.

OK, I have to stop rambling.

Anyways, please don't forget to comment and subscribe to this story as well as any of the other stories that are currently in progress.

I will not be ending my Nick Jonas fan-fictions. They will be continuing. :)