Status: Discontinued

I'm in Love with My Best Friend Nick Jonas

When You Look Me in the Eyes

Reader’s Note: During the song, when the boys sing, Italicized=Kevin, Bold=Nick, and Both=both singing.

The next time I saw the Jonas’ was in December of the same year. It was winter break for us down in Florida as it was for them in New Jersey give or take a few days.

I was finally twelve years old and Kevin also turned fifteen. Since the boys didn’t celebrate my birthday with me in person, they threw a surprise party for me.

I was dressed in jeans and a long sleeved, purple, striped shirt with white Reebok’s, and a thick, blue jacket. It was snowing that day, slightly surprising me.

It was the first time I’d been to the Jonas’ when it was snowing in New Jersey making me excited. It was as though it were a winter wonderland and the boys made sure I enjoyed every minute of it.

Once I reached the front yard of the Jonas’, a snowball passed by my face. I squealed, jumping behind Denise as she laughed.

“Boys! At least come out here and say hello to Rose!” she called.

Three heads full of dark brown hair popped up from the right side of the house, each one bundled up with different clothing.

Kevin approached me first, engulfing me in a hug, but Joe and Nick threw snowballs at me. I gasped at their sudden actions, squinting my eyes at them before I broke out into a run chasing after them.

They screamed a little before breaking out into a run. Unfortunately, Joe was faster than me except Nick. I grabbed the back of his jacket, pulling him, but ended up slipping on the snow. We fell together, him falling on top of me while I lay flat on my back.

We were breathing hard, smiles on our lips the entire time as we slowly began catching our breath. It wasn’t until I blinked a few times when I realized he was leaning in some when a snowball hit him dead in the face.

His cheeks flushed as he got off of me, made a snowball, and threw it at Joe, hitting him square in the face.

They began playing as Kevin rushed over to me, helping me up, smiling all the while.

“Wow”, he said after a few moments to me.

“What?” I asked in slight confusion.

“Nothin’, nothin’ “, he replied, leading me back to the house before he called his crazy brothers to come with us.


About half an hour later, we were inside with hot cocoa and marshmallows in the kitchen catching up on my life and the boy’s lives even though we hadn’t seen in each other in only a few months.

Everything I’d told them intrigued them especially when I told them about my-

“Boyfriend?!” they exclaimed in unison.

“Yeah, I know. It’s weird, right?” I asked, placing my hand under my chin, resting it there.

“Weird? If anything, we want to meet him”, Joe said excitedly.

Kevin and Nick gave him a straight face bringing down Joe’s happy mode. I raised a brow at them, waiting to hear what they had to say.

“The thing is, Rose, we kind of expected you to wait a little bit longer, you know?” Kevin began, but Nick cut across him.

“Rose is free to date whoever she wants. She’s not a kid anymore”, he said defensively before storming out of the room.

Out of instinct, I followed him, calling his name a few times. Once we reached his room, he opened the door, surprisingly not shutting it behind us.

“Nick, what’s wrong?” I asked, frowning slightly as he plopped back-first onto his bed.

“What’s his name?” he asked, ignoring my question.

“His name is Michael”, I answered, folding my arms across my chest.

“What grade is he in?” he asked.

“Nick, please don’t turn this into some sort of questionnaire”, I begged, getting slightly annoyed.

He stood abruptly, leaving the room, and once again, I followed. We ended up in their dining room where their piano and a couple of acoustic guitars rested in the corner. He grabbed one, then spoke.

“Joe! Kevin! Come in here!” he called.

In a few moments’ time, they arrived with confused expressions on their faces.

“What’s up, Nick?” Joe asked.

“Kevin, play that song for Rose”, he said, grabbing the other acoustic guitar as he handed him the first one he grabbed.

“What song?” Kevin asked in confusion.

“The one we wrote yesterday”, he answered as though it were obvious.

“Oh!” Joe and Kevin said in unison as though a light bulb clicked in their minds.

We walked back into the kitchen, sitting in the high chairs they had at the time as they began playing. To my surprise, Nick began singing.

Oooohhh yea ooooh yea

Kevin started the first verse, shocking me as well.

If the heart is always searching,
Can you ever find a home?

I've been looking for that someone,
I can't make it on my own.

Dreams can't take the place of loving you,
There's gotta be a million reasons why it's true.

When you look me in the eyes,
And tell me that you love me.
Everything's alright,
When you're right here by my side.
When you look me in the eyes,
I catch a glimpse of heaven.
I find my paradise,
When you look me in the eyes.


How long will I be waiting,
To become a better man?

Gonna tell you that I love you,
In the best way that I can.

I can't take a day without you here,
You're the light that makes my darkness disappear.

When you look me in the eyes,
And tell me that you love me.
Everything's alright,
When you're right here by my side.
When you look me in the eyes,
I catch a glimpse of heaven.
I find my paradise,
When you look me in the eyes.


Every day, I start to realize,
I can reach my tomorrow,
I can hold my head up high!

And it's all because you're by my side.

When you look me in the eyes,
And tell me that you love me.
Everything's alright,
When you're right here by my side.
When you look me in the eyes,
I catch a glimpse of heaven.
I find my paradise,


When you look me in the eyes.

And tell me that you love me.
Everything's alright,
When you're right here by my side.

When you look me in the eyes,
I catch a glimpse of heaven.
I find my paradise,
When you look me in the eyes.
Oh!


I gaped open-mouthed at them, just speechless.

“W-well? What did you think?” Kevin asked nervously.

They stared at me, waiting patiently for an answer. I tried speaking, but I couldn’t. I was too stunned.

“Oh, no, guys! We broke her! You two sounded horrible!” Joe exclaimed overdramatically.

“N-No. It’s not that at all. I was just surprised you learned how to play the guitar, Nick”, I admitted.

“So, we didn’t sound bad?” Nick asked.

I shook my head at them, a smile creeping on my lips.

“Not at all. You guys sounded great!” I said honestly, hugging all three brothers.

I hesitated before doing something I didn’t think I would do. I leaned back to Nick, quickly pecking him on the cheek.

The room fell silent as I blushed, smiling a little at them.

“Rose, honey! Do you mind helping me with dinner?” Denise called from the kitchen.

“Sure!” I called back happily.

“See you in a bit, guys! Oh! And thanks for writing the song! You guys were amazing!” I exclaimed.

When I reached the kitchen, I felt my lips tingling from where I kissed Nick, but I brushed the feeling off, not wanting to get confused. I was with Michael, not Nick.

Surprisingly, though, that night, nothing happened. None of us mentioned the kiss and we carried on as though nothing happened. I don’t know. Maybe it was a guy thing or a brother thing or something.

Whatever it was, I was kind of glad it wasn’t discussed, but the other part of me wished that it was brought up.
♠ ♠ ♠
Third chapter! :D

I'll update when I write some more, so in the meantime, please check out my other stories such as Confessions of A Famous Teenage Actress or even Please Don't Cross Me, I Asked Nicely if not any of the other stories I've written. :)

Please don't forget to comment and subscribe.