Skinny Jeans

Life's Too Short To Even Care At All.

It happened that morning. It was a simple phone call from Garrett, but it was at 6 in the morning.
"Christine." he sounded like he was in a rush.
"Yessss Garrett?" I smiled.
"Max, Chris, and Trevor are in the hospital. Come quick." he blurted out, then hung up. A wave of pain went through my stomach.
I shot up and shook John.
"Hmm?" he smiled, opening one eye.
"We have a situation." I said firmly, shaking him some more.
"What?" he raised an eyebrow, clueless.
"Max, Chris and Trevor are in the hospital. Garrett told me to come quick and then hung up on me." I said, crawling out of bed and putting on a coat over my tank top. I decided my pajama pants were quicker than putting on jeans.
John got dressed next to me and we were in the car on the way to the hospital.

When we walked through the door, half our friends were sitting in the waiting room, looks of pain and distress covered their faces.
"What happened?" I asked, walking towards Garrett, who was tearing up.
"Max was driving Chris and Trevor to Alex's house. They were going to record a song Trevor had just come up with. They got hit by a really drunk driver, and Chris has car shards in his leg, Max is banged up, but Trevor..." he trailed off.
"What Garrett?" I asked, expecting the worse.
"He has bleeding in his brain. They're trying to drain it, but they don't think he'll make it." Garrett sighed, rubbing his eyes to try and stop himself from crying.
I pulled Garrett into my arms and let him cry it out.

No one really knew just how close Trevor and Garrett were. Trevor and Garrett had been best friends since grade school. Since they were kids, learning their ABC's together, watching Power Rangers and acting out the scenes together. As they got older, they would hang around the mall and people watch, which turned into girl watching, which turned into double dates, and partying together. I knew exactly what would happen to Garrett if Trevor died. A part of Garrett would die too. All the guys were relatively close with Trevor. They toured with him for months at a time.

A doctor walked into the waiting room 20 minutes later, holding a piece of paper.
"Please, what's going on." I asked quietly, the group of men holding their breath behind me.
"Not good. The driver that hit them is dead. Your friend Chris is getting shards of glass, metal, and stone pulled out of his legs, Max is getting his arm bandaged because he broke it, but Trevor..." he stopped flipping through the papers.
"Yes?" Garrett asked quietly, running his hands through his hair.
"Chris doesn't have that much time left. He wants you guys with him. But I can only allow 6 of you in the room at a time." the doctors face showed a lot of sorrow.
John, Garrett, Kennedy, Jared, Pat and I all somberly walked with the doctor to the room.
Trevor's face was hardly recognizable. We all said our goodbyes and let Garrett sit with him as he slowly passed on that night, his best friend at his side.

That night, we all went out to Max's house and drank for Trevor. I passed out next to John, holding him close.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm not going to be around this weekend so I figured I would post this chapter so you guys have something until I get back!

Comments?
<3
thank you all for reading and subbing
25 subbers is a lot to me, since I feel like the worst writer in the whole world.
you guys mean a lot to me.
<3

I know it's really short. I'll probably update again tonight so you guys have two, but that is undetermined right now. <333333