Skinny Jeans

The Art of Letting Go.

"Hurry up Christine!" John yelled back at me, throwing his bag by the bus, so Tim could load it all up in the designated spots.
I hurried over to the large vehicle and threw my heavy bags at John's feet, grinning at his half curled lips.
"You know, you look beautiful in the setting sunlight. Just thought you should know." he laughed, handing Tim my bags.
"Gross, we have to deal with that for two and a half months?" Pat teased, flicking my nose.
"Oww, dick." I poked his sides, causing him to run down the sidewalk, looking back every few steps to see if I was following.
"I'm not running anywhere. I'm exhausted from the flight." I smiled, running my hands through my hair.
We had gotten on a flight this morning from Phoenix to LAX at 5 in the morning. John and I hadn't slept a wink the night before, so we were whiped out completely, and it was only 11 am.
"I don't know where he get's the energy, honestly." Jared sighed, half smiling.
"Probably all the crack." Kennedy shouted from the bus window.
"Yeah, that's probably it." I laughed, grabbing John's hand.
"So, the first show is here, tomorrow night." John pointed at the large venue across the street from the empty lot the bus was parked in.
"Alright, so do we sleep right now, or just ride it out until tonight?" I asked, shoving my free hand into my pocket.
"Ride it out. Kennedy, Pat, and I are going to work on the first tour update, and you two should take Garrett somewhere. He needs to get his mind off of Trevor. He buried his best friend three days ago. I don't think he's doing so well." Jared said.
"Garrett!" John yelled into the bus as Jared walked back in.
Garrett walked out, hair greasy and clothes wrinkled, like he hadn't worn new ones in weeks.
"Your clothes look like 100 year old men." John cracked a joke, hoping for a laugh.
Garrett half smiled, then stared at the sky.
"Garrett, take a walk with me." I said, walking through the empty lot, Garrett following me.
"How do you do it Christine?" he asked, after several minutes of complete silence.
"Do what?" I asked.
"You have lost so many people. How do you get over that?" he asked, running his hands through his hair.
It was true. I had lost 6 friends to car accidents, and suicide.
"You have to look at it this way, Garrett. If you're sad about it, death has won. Death has not only taken your friend, but tainted your memories of him with the sadness of his death. Trevor isn't gone. He's always with you. Those memories will always be with you. That means more to me than anything. Trevor wouldn't want you to be so upset." I said, looking into his deep, sad eyes.
"You're right." he said after a few minutes.
"Hmm?" I was a little surprised at Garrett, who was smiling. I hadn't seen him smile in days.
"You're right. Trevor probably feels so guilty that he is the cause of this pain in everyone's life. I can't let death win. You always know exactly what to say." Garrett said, looking up towards the sky.
My phone vibrated, so I gave him a minute and read my text.
"Let's head back. John texted me about going to Six Flags today. You down?" I asked, looking back at John, who had his tall, skinny body rested against the side of the bus while he smoked a cigarette.
"You know I never turn down Six Flags. Ever." he beamed.

We had just got off the "APOCALYPSE" and we were pumped.
"What's next?" Garrett asked, his eyes wide with excitement.
A girl walked over and tapped on John's shoulder. She was a teenager, wearing a The Maine shirt.
"I don't mean to bother you, but I was wondering if I could take a picture with you and Garrett." she asked, holding out her camera.
"Of course!" John smiled.
She got between him and Garrett. I snapped the picture.
"Adorable." I smiled, as I handed her camera back.
"Thank you. I'm seeing you guys tomorrow night. Me and a whole group of my friends are going." she smiled.
"Well thank you so much. We will see you tomorrow night!" Garrett smiled.
As she walked away, I turned to John.
"Hi, super famous boyfriend." I grinned at him.
"Not even close." he rolled his eyes.
"Maybe just a little." I giggled as he tickled my sides.
"Piggy back ride!!!!!!!" I squealed.
I jumped onto his back.

"Jared, how did the update go?" Garrett asked as we walked back into the bus after an exhausting day at Six Flags.
"Great. We posted it about 20 minutes ago." Jared smiled.
"How was Six Flags?" Pat asked.
"Good. We thought we could all go tomorrow before the show." Garrett said.
"Sounds like a plan. What do you say we curl up and watch a movie and get some shut eye, Christine?" John asked, pointing to the bunk we were going to share for the next two and a half months.
"I'd say that's the best thing I've heard all day. I'm exhausted." I smiled.
♠ ♠ ♠
This one is a little longer.
I also have a few other stories too, and I've been working on those as well, but I'm going to try and post a new chapter every day, or every other day depending on what's going on.

Thank you all so much for your support and love.
Comment/sub?
It really helps the writing process speed along if I know people like what I'm posting!
<3 thank you all so very much. it means the world to me.