Status: one shot completed

Blinding Light

blinding light

A/N - please listen to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rhz9P4V_awY while you read this story please it will add to the effect.

-Ed’s POV-
Sitting on the bed in my best friends room, thinking about all we have been through and how we have been there for each other through it all and now here I am all alone without my best friends, my soul mate if you will

Ever since that fateful night I wonder the same thing every time, ‘what if I had got in the car with him and not let him go to the studio alone then maybe he would still be here.’

If only I had gone with him I might have been able to stop that car going through the red light and making my best friend crash into that tree but no I decided to stay at home.
Now instead of recording a new album, we’re heading to the cemetery top bury my best friend, my soul mate.

“It’s time to go Ed. The cars are here.” Teddy said standing in the doorway.

I got up and walked over to the window. I looked out to see three black cars waiting in the drive. The first car I could make out a black wooden coffin which held my best friend. Flowers spelling out ‘son’ lay rested against the side of the coffin.

“No, it’s too soon.” I replied, tears forming in my eyes.
“It doesn’t matter when it is, it will always be too soon.” Teddy comforted.
“Yeah, come on then.”

I walked downstairs slowly, looking at the photos on the stairway wall, looking at the all the memories we shared throughout our life. All the memories I have shared with the best friend I could ever have.

I walked into the lounge to see his parents and brothers dressed in back along with the guys who were wearing black suits. Everyone had tears in their eyes. I knew was going to be one long sad day.

We all walked outside to the cars. We split up into the two cars. His family and me in second car, the guys in the third. We started the long hard slow journey to the cemetery.

Along the way, fans lined the streets to say their final goodbyes. Most throwing roses onto the first car that held their idol. Most crying, some with home mad t-shirts saying different things but each one saying “rest in peace”. Other fans were trying their best not to cry, others holding candles. We were only allowing close fans to the funeral, we were holding a memorial at a later date.

We reached the cemetery and saw crowds of fans lined up outside the cemetery waiting to pay their respects. We pulled up into the cemetery, got out of the cars and walked to the first car to carry the coffin in.

We carried the coffin in slowly. Blinding Light being played as we walked to the front. It would be me and the guys and his brothers being the ones to carry the coffin. We placed the coffin at the front of the room and sat down waiting for the service to start where we would have to say goodbye for the last time.

We all made our speeches, even the fans that were there did, there was quite a big number of fans at the service that we had formed friendships with over the years.
After the speeches we made the final journey outside once again carrying the coffin. Carrying my best friend to his final resting place.
We reached outside and placed the coffin down. The well known speech “ashes to ashes, dust to dust…” started.

After the speech my best friend started being lowered into the ground. Everyone chucking guitar picks, some being Elliot minor ones from the necklaces we gave out years ago, down onto the coffin.
The coffin stopped being lowered, my best friend had reached his final resting place.
On his gravestone was written
Here lies
Alexander James Davies
26th October 1986 – 5th july 2011
Son, brother, idol
Superstar you mean so much to me

I placed one final guitar pick on top of his gravestone. That single silver guitar pick that he always wore on a necklace.

“Goodbye Alex. I love you. I’ll miss you.” I said. “Can you hear me cry out loud, I’m on my own” I sang the lyrics that meant so much to me right now from blinding light “how am I meant to go on without you ‘Lexi? You were always there for me.” I sobbed.

“Ed, it’s over, it’s time to go mate. We can visit again another time.” Ali said, placing a hand on my shoulder.
I turned to see Teddy holding Dan as his little brother cried into his shoulder.
I took one final look at where my best mate, my soul mate lay forever, before turning to leave.

“I’ll be back I promise.” I said just before leaving.

Every time I go back to his grave, it is always bursting with flowers, plectrums, messages and anything the fans placed down to say goodbye to him.

The music channels played Elliot Minor regularly. I couldn’t watch, it was too painful seeing Alex on TV. I only knew by what the guys told me.

It made me happy though knowing that the fans hadn’t and wouldn’t forget Alex. I still visit his grave regular, even though we buried him 5 years ago. I always will visit him. I promised and I don’t go back on a promise.
♠ ♠ ♠
thank you for reading feel free to leave a comment.
in case you were wondering no ed and alex are not lovers in this they are just friends.
any questions just leave a comment.
if you enjoyed this story please read my other stories all my stories are about elliot minor.