Status: Comments make me update more!!!

Finding Bat Country

Twenty-Two

The first stop on the way back to the house was the mall where Mitch made sure to almost max out Brian’s credit card, and it certainly didn’t help that Jimmy & Matt kept showing her things that would look good on her. Brian was about to strangle one of them but he couldn’t once he saw how good Mitch looked in the outfits that had been picked out for her. He sighed and sat back, letting her have her fun. The next stop they made was too Walmart where they all had come up with a very large grocery list.

“We’ll split up and get done faster.” Matt spoke as the pulled into the parking lot.

Everyone agreed and paired up. Jimmy went with Johnny, Matt went with Zacky, and Brian went with Mitch.

“Can I ride in the cart?” Mitch asked as Brian pushed the car along.

He gave her a weird look but let her climb into the basket part of the cart where she proceeded to yell, “FOR NARNIA!”

People glanced over and gave her weird looks but she didn’t seem to care. She figured these guys were the last people who actually gave a shit about her currently so why not have fun while she’s with them?

“We need mangos.” Mitch whined as Brian pushed the cart into food section.

He smiled down at her and grabbed two packs of mangos.

“What else do we need?” Brian asked with a small smirk as he leaned against the cart.

Mitch made a funny face then smiled, “Ice cream, celery, carrots, green apples, pineapples, donuts, apple juice, grape juice, yogurt, and more ice cream!”

“Alright let’s just hope you don’t get fat.” He joked causing her to stick her tongue out at him.

“Funny.” She rolled her eyes with a small smile.

He smirked, “I know I am.”

“Yeah funny looking.” Mitch giggled.

Brian narrowed his eyes jokingly, “Are you trying to get me to push this cart into a wall?”

“Oh no please don’t! I’m so scared!” Mitch giggled.

He rolled his eyes and grumbled under his breath as he pushed the cart into a different isle where Mitch picked up more things she ‘needed’.

“Ya know, I’m starting to think you’re grabbing this you want not things you need.” Brian laughed when he saw how full the cart was.

It was so full that Mitch had to get out and walk next to the cart. Brian would have had trouble pushing the cart if it hadn’t been for his unusual strength. Mitch kept one hand on the cart to insure that she wouldn’t lose Brian.

“Well I think we have enough food to last for a year, so where too now?” Brian questioned.

Mitch shrugged and yawned, rubbing her eyes slightly. Out of nowhere the rest of the guys appeared with carts full of movies, games, and decorative items that Mitch would no doubt like. Matt took the cart from Brian and gestured towards Mitch who was yawning like crazy. Brian carefully picked her up into his arms and carried her out to the car, letting the guys use their cards to pay for the groceries. He sat in the way back of the BMW with Mitch leaning on him. In that moment he felt really alive for the first time since he had been changed into a wolf.