Status: Comments make me update more!!!

Finding Bat Country

Three

My eyes fluttered open but were blinded momentarily by a bright light. After a few minutes of blinking like mad my eyes finally adjusted to the light. I was in a dark purple gothic style room.

“Well good morning sleeping beauty.” Synyster’s deep voice spoke.

I put my hand up to the side of my head to feel a small lump where I had been hit.

“Aw don’t worry about that, you’ll feel better in no time.” A smirk played on his lips.

I ignored the pain and glared at him, “Where is Veronica?”

“You will find out soon enough.” Synyster pulled his aviators off of his eyes to reveal his dazzling hazel eyes.

“No, I want to know now.” I snapped feeling a pounding in my head.

“Not until after dinner.” he lightly caressed my cheek.

I slapped his hand away and hardened my glare at him, “Screw you.”

“Later my dear. Lilith will be in shortly to dress you up.” His smirk didn’t falter once.

My thoughts were going crazy. All I could think about was Veronica, my mom and Alex. Alex was most likely scared to death of what was happening to me. My step dad was probably either playing with his laptop or comforting my mom who was probably crying her eyes out of their sockets.

“Miss Lanning?” A woman’s voice came from the door.

I looked up to find a woman who must have been Lilith. She must have been in at least her early twenties. She smiled as best as she could but I could tell it was forced.

“Master Gates would like to have you dressed up for dinner tonight.” She shut the door behind her and quickly opened the closet to pull out an outfit.

“Here madam, the bathroom is to your left.” She bowed and handed me my clothes as if I were royalty and she was ‘unworthy’.

In my mind I was slapping the shit out of her and extremely pissed off at Synyster and everyone else. I just wanted my sister back, but I’d play along now and put my plan into action when it was the right time. Actually it wasn’t much of a plan since I was making it up as I went along.

“Thanks.” I grumbled taking the clothes and stomping off into the bathroom.

I took a quick shower after checking for peep holes, then dressed. I rolled my eyes at the purple dress and shoes.

“Someone must have gone all out to make me look like Barney the dinosaur” I mumbled and played with the rosary that was around my neck.

“Miss Lanning, Master Gates would like to see you now.” Lilith forced a smile and twirled a piece of my hair in her fingers.

I slapped her hand away and stomped out of the room to find Syn standing there with a grin on his face.

“Well you sure do clean up nice.” He smirked.

I rolled my eyes and didn’t even bother to justify that with a response.

“Shall we?” He asked extending his arm for me to take.

“Do I have a choice?” I spat.

“Think of Veronica.” Syn’s eyes narrowed at me.

Wait that must mean that she’s alive! I jumped for joy inside but dreaded the thought that they could be doing horrible things to her.

“Fine.” I sighed and took his arm.

He beamed and led me down a long hallway and into an elevator. Syn pressed 6th button and we both stood in silence, listening to cheesy elevator music. I took a deep breath and inhaled his enchanting aroma of cologne and cigarettes.

“Here it is, now if you want Veronica to be safe you better play along and be a good girl.” Syn tightly a hold of my arm and turned me to face him.

“Understand?” He growled.

I nodded knowing the safety of my sister depended on me.

A smirk found its way onto his face again, “Good.”

Once he released my arm I rubbed the spot he had previously had a hold of. It was starting to turn a bit purple.

The elevator stopped fast making me lose my balance on these high heels. I expected to hit the ground but instead Syn caught me in the blink of an eye. His arms were wrapped around me as the doors opened.

“Wahoo! Yeah Syn get some!” A bulky man with aviators sat at the head of the long table.

Syn smirked and set me back on my feet before taking my hand and leading me over to the table. We took the two empty seats next to each other and I forced on a smile. Syn would look over in my direction every once in a while to make sure I was being a ‘good girl’.

“Your being very good Mitch. I think you deserve a treat.” Syn’s husky voice whispered into my ear sending shivers down my spine.

“And what would that be?” I narrowed my eyes at him.

“You’ll find out later.” He smirked then turned to start up a conversation with the mysterious green eyed man.

“Hi I’m Jimmy.” The tallest with stunning blue eyes smiled.

He seemed like the friendliest out of the group so I smiled back.

“I’m Mitch.”

He smiled and reached across the table to shake my hand. I smiled softly and shook his hand only to get a sharp elbow to the side from Syn.

“Are you okay honey?” He asked in a sickly sweet voice.

I nodded and took a deep breath keeping the tears in. Carefully I touched my side and winced feeling the pain shoot through my side.

“I’m just not feeling to well.” I lied.

Syn put on his concerned face and helped me up, “I’ll see you guys later, let me just get Mitch here up to bed.”

Jimmy was the only one at the table who looked actually concerned for my well being or maybe that was just an act to gain my trust.

“What was that about?” Syn asked once the elevator doors had shut.

“I was being nice.” I snapped, ignoring the pain in my side.

He shoved me against one of the walls and growled, “I told you to be a good girl not a fucking chatterbox.”

“I only introduced myself. What did you want me to do? Ignore him?” I began to get angry.

Syn’s hand flew through the air to connect with my face but I moved. The elevator doors opened and I took my chances on living or dieing as I ran out of the elevator and down the hall to the nearest unlocked door.

The room I was in smelt like rust and water. It reeked of something else as well but I couldn’t place it.

“Come out come out wherever you are.” Syn taunted from the hallway.

I shut my mouth and silently scooted back until I bumped into something.

“Huh.” I turned to find a dead body propped up against the wall.

I gasped and quickly covered my mouth as tears began to freely fall down my cheeks. I shut my eyes tightly trying to wake up.

“This is only a nightmare.” I whispered to myself.

“Just you wait.” Syn’s voice came from the door.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for reading, commenting, and subscribing!!!!!!!!!