Poison Kisses

Chapter Twenty-Three: Haven't you done enough? (Part 2)

Bill POV~

I sat down in the first seat I could find. Emma, out of all the people who could ever betray me, it was her. "What?" Tom asked incredulously. I looked up at him and nodded, more tears streaming down my face.

"Why? He asked.

"She was kissing Kiro. She was practically all over him!" I shouted.

Tom shook his head at me, scoffing. "That doesn't sound sound like Emma. You know she wouldn't--"

"Yes she would Tom. You didn't see it. The way she was kissing him it..." I couldn't continue. What if it wasn't the first time she kissed him? Is a a trace of him on her lips?

"Bill. He kissed her. She loves you beyond belief. That fact that she would do something like that...it makes no sense."

I shook my head and looked down. "Bill. You're being irrational and stupid. She didn't--"

"Just shut up Tom! I know what I saw."

"Well then look." Tom said sternly.

"I looked up to see that he was pointing out the window. My gaze followed his fingeer to Emma sloouching in the grass outside. Her hair completely covered her face and she was shaking.

"If she loves Kiro so much then why is she on the grass crying for you?" Tom asked.

I walked past him to the door and walked off the bus. "E-Emma?"

~Emma POV~

I looked up at Bill, whose eyes glared down at me. I looked back down at the grass because I was too scared of the look he gave me. "Did you mean it?"I heardhim ask.

I looked up at him in confusion. "What do you mean?"

"Did you mean it? When you said you would never hurt me?"

"Bill you know I--"

"Emma. did you mean it?"He asked more seriously this time.

"Yes. Always." I responded.

He nodded. "A part of me wants to leave you here. And never come back. Because this was the biggest slap in the face anyone has ever given me. I haven't felt like this since Lucy."

I looked down at he grass in shame. I hated the fact that he was comparing me to Lucy, but I knew he was right.

"But the other part of me, wants you back in my arms. To hold you and dry those tears on your face. Because when I marked you, it was when I made you mine. And nothing will ever change that."

I sighed as my face became hot with tears again.

"Both sides," he continued."Are battling each other, but I want you to tell me what I should do."

I looked at him and his eyes leaked tears.

"I...I think you should leave." I honestly told him.

He closed his eyes and breathed in deep.

" Because I don't deserve you. If you really knew me, you know I wouldn't do this to you. Kissing him was like ending my love for you. I...couldn't do it. It meant giving you up. Giving us up. You leaving will be like death, eternal death for me. I refuse to to see you like this. Once you leave, you won't ever see my face again."

Bill kneeled in the grass in front of me before grabbing my arms. " You would take your own life? Because of me?" He asked with wide eyes.

"If it came to it."

Bill pulled me into his arms and I felt him shaking. "If you ever did that, Emma, I...I just can't think of it. Please don't make me think of it."

I wrapped my arms around his neck and closed my eyes. "Bill...I'm sorry I couldn't stop him."

Bill pulled away and had that cute pouty look. "It's okay. I...I forgive you. I forgive you."

I pulled him close so that I could kiss him. When his kissed me, it was like he was more into it than ever, but he pulled away.

"Bill, what..."

"I taste him on your lips... I can't..."

I let my hands fall to my side and looked behind him and Jessy was looking at us.

"Emma. We have to get your mom to the hospital. It's worse than I thought."

I jumped as did Bill as we started toward the bus.

"Emma!"

I stopped in my tracks, but I refused to turn around.

"Emma...where are you going? Kiro shouted.

"Stay away from me Kiro. You've ruined enough lives today." I said as I stomped onto the bus.

I sat down next to my mom, who looked dazed and flustered. I picked up her hand and held it in mine. "I'm so sorry mom. I'm sorry I wasn't a better daughter for you."

She lightly squeezed my hand, smiling. I looked out the window as I felt the bus start up again. Kiro was standing, staring at me. He was mumbling words I couldn't understand. Soon, I heard voices in my head, speaking, yelling in a weird language I couldn't understand.

I began to feel dizzy, but I couldn't take my eyes off him. My body began to feel hot and an insane feeling to vomit. Kiro reached out as two hands grabbed me. My eyes went wide in shock as I felt something inside me.

Two more hands touched my head and guided my face to someone's chest. "Don't look." I heard Bill say.

~Bill POV~

I cast a warning glare at Kiro as we drove away.

"Are you okay?" I asked Emma.

She nodded as she looked at me with those puffy eyes. "What was he doing?" She asked.

"He was trying to get into your head. But I hope I stopped him in time. We'll ask Tom about it later."

"Ask me what?"Tom asked as he walked toward us.

"I think Kiro tried to possess Emma. But I hope I stopped him in time."

"Let me see your wrists." Tom asked.

Emma showed her wrists which were bare. Tom examined them carefully and smiled. "Don't worry, you guys are in luck. She doesn't have his mark."

I sighed in relief as I realized I came just in time. If I hadn't, Kiro would've been able to access her mind whenever he wanted.

"You need to have Bill by you more. Kiro could've really hurt you. Vampires gotta stick together." Tom smiled.

Emma nodded and looked at my wrists. They had a mark, only because I am a direct 'heir', if you will, to The Residency, and so did Tom.

"How did you get those?" She asked.

"When Tom turned me, they just appeared."

She looked at Tom's wrists. "Who turned you Tom?"

Tom visibly tensed up as I also knew what happened.

"I'd rather not talk about it." He said as he shook his head.

"Oh. I'm sorry for asking."

Tom nodded to her, but he still looked distressed.

Jessy joined us after a while and sat next to Tom. She tried to talk to him but , but he just shook his head repeatedly. "I gotta go umm, tune my guitar." He got up abruptly and went to the bunk area.

"What did you guys say to him?" She asked us.

"Nothing. Just leave it be." I said, trying not to dwell on the subject. It was bad enough Emma upset his brother, but talking about it while he's gone...

"You must've said something."

"Well you let me think about that."

"And why is that?" This girl was intent on making me angry.

"Maybe it's because I'm his brother?"

"Guys!" Emma intervened.

Awkward silence ensued until the sound of Tom's guitar began to overpower the engine.

"I'll talk to him." Emma said.

"Why should you talk to him?" Jessy asked.

"He won't talk to you, maybe Bill already knows. I haven't officially gotten to talk to him yet." Emma said as she started to get up.

"I don't think you should be going up to talk to my man. Especially if you were all over someone else." She snapped.

Both Emma and I tensed up. Tension was arising quickly and I couldn't take it anymore.

But before I did anything, we were at the hospital. I jumped up and picked up Emma's mom attempting to leave the bus. Of course the paparazzi spotted me and I ran inside before my bodyguards blocked the door.

~Emma POV~

"You bitch!" I screamed at Jessy.