The Beginning

Making Moves

The two continued to flirt with each for the following month. Ellie improved in her position in PR and Mike did the same on the ice.

***

"Hello beautiful."

"Hey Mike," Ellie said flashing him a smile.

"Slow down there," he said catching up with her.

"What do you want now Mike."

"What's on the itinerary for today," he said smiling.

"You ask me this everyday, and I know you know the answer, so let's stop playing this game," she said turning to leave.

He quickly jumped in front of her pouting his lips and batting his eyes.

Laughing Ellie recited the days activities to him and pushed him to the side.

"I will probably see you later tonight anyway," she called back.

They saw each other almost every night either coming in or going out, at the gym, or at the mailroom. Living in the same apartment had their perks. At the same time Ellie saw a lot of Mike she wish she hadn't.

***

That night Ellie and Abby went out with some girlfriends drinking and hanging out at a local bar to catch a Thursday night football game. It was Giants vs. Eagles and Ellie wasn't missing it for the world.

"TOUCHDOWN," Ellie yelled as Brandon Jacobs ran it in.

A couple of guys looked over not expecting to see a petit brunette cheering so loudly for football.

Following the game the girls continued to have some drinks, a late dinner, and thanks to Ellie made some cute friends that lived in the area.

It was nearing 1AM by the time the girls left.

"See you sometime this weekend then yeah?"

"Absolutely," Ellie's friend Julia called out as she got into a cab.

"Let's get out of here," Abby said smiling and giggling from one too many beers given by some guy at the bar.

When the two got back to the apartment Ellie sent Abby up and went to check the mail.

As she walked back to the elevator checking through her mail she heard two people come crashing through the door. A man and a woman clearly drunk and obviously about to have a good time.

Ellie still had her head down checking the mail, her hair covering her face. When the elevator door opened she let the couple walk in and followed after.

When she lifted her head she wished more than anything she had taken the stairs. In front of her was a plastered Mike Green and blonde bimbo #4 of the week. She had seen him coming in or out with a new girl plenty over the last month and she wasn't surprised this time either.

Mike saw her and straightened up pushing himself away from the blonde.

"Hi, hi, hi, Ellie, hi," he slurred.

"Mike," she said smiling weakly and looking to his date for the night, "and..."

"And, and," Mike said looking to his right, "and..."

"Amber," the blonde said smiling.

She wasn't drunk, she didn't seem to have had a sip at all.

They rode the elevator silently with Ellie in front of them. Mike's eyes wandered up and down Ellie from behind and he smiled to himself, until he looked to his right and saw a blonde girl standing there.

They reached Mike's floor and the blonde got off first Mike following. He turned around and caught Ellie's eyes and mouthed, "HELP."

Ellie rolled her eyes and mouthed back, "Pass Out."

Mike confused for a minute stared at her then she mouthed it again and down he went with a hard thud.

Amber turned around to see her date, very rich and very handsome date on the ground.

"Oh no," Ellie said knowing she sounded phony.

"I think he passed out," she continued.

"If he is going to puke, I want nothing to do with it," Amber said.

"Yeah, he just might, does it a lot actually."

Amber picked up and left without a moment to spare. After she was gone Ellie still standing over Mike kicked him hard in the ribs.

"Get up asshole, she's gone."

Some groans came from Mike and Ellie continued to nudge him.

"Alright alright, good night Elle."

Ellie rode the elevator to her floor and entered her apartment to Abby sitting on the couch.

"Movie?"

"Movie."

It may have been late, but Ellie needed to clear her mind. She found Mike with girls all the time over the past month, but it always bothered her. She needed something else to focus on before she fell asleep. She pulled on her Columbia University hoodie and a pair of old boxers and snuggled up to her room mate.
♠ ♠ ♠
Outift out: http://www.polyvore.com/girls_night/set?id=34857097