Status: active.

Demise.

eighteen.

Prosper had ran into Chris at lunch and sat down in front of him.

“I need your help.”

Chris looked at him and raised an eyebrow.

“For?”

“Help me get Norah to like me!”

Chris laughed and shook his head taking his fork putting a piece of turkey in his mouth.

“Thanks, but no thanks. I’m not going to help you get into Norah’s pants to prove to the rest of those jerks that you can get in her pants just like the rest of the easy girls in this school.”

Prosper groaned in frustration.

“This isn’t about that Chris! I like her.. I like her a lot.”

He looked at Prosper and chewed slowly un-convinced.

“You’re not convincing me enough Pros.”

Prosper sighed heavily and leaned closer to Chris.

“Listen, I’m going to tell you something, but please don’t tell Norah or anyone I’m telling you this understood.”

Chris nodded and listened intently to Prosper. Chris thrived on drama, even though it didn’t really show.

“Norah IM’d me at midnight last night and asked me to meet her at the corner of her house to go for a walk, me out of all people. She could have asked you or anyone else, but she asked me."

Chris was slowly analyzing what Prosper was saying and was slowly realizing that he did have a point.

Chris whistled.

“I really do like her Chris, please help me. You’re my friend.”

“Alright Prosper, I’ll help you. One condition, you quit all this shit with these whores and assholes.”

Prosper nodded quickly, almost too quickly. All he knew is that he wasn’t the same Prosper anymore, and it was all for Norah.

She just didn’t know it yet.

*****
After work Prosper had gotten off work he had been walking by the supermarket and saw a little boy sitting next to a box that said ‘free puppies’ inside was a grey and white Siberian husky.

“Hey, you’re giving away puppies?”

The boy nodded at Prosper and looked at the pup.

“He’s the only one left. No one wanted him cause he was so small.”

Prosper looked at the puppy and the puppy whined and looked at him. He was given a look that was pleading for Prosper to take him home and love him. Begging for him not to leave him there.

Prosper picked the puppy up and scratched behind his ear.

“Don’t worry little guy, I’ll take care of you.”

The puppy barked happily and licked Prospers hand. Prosper took the puppy from the boy and went straight to Pet Co. Prosper went and bought the puppy a bright blue collar and a leash. A box of wee wee pads and a big bag of puppy chow and dog toys.

“There go’s my whole paycheck.”

The puppy trotted along next Prosper and he smiled. When Prosper got home his mom was on the couch fully sober surprisingly and she looked at Prosper.

“What do you got there Prosper?”

“I was walking by the supermarket and there was a boy sitting next to a box that had puppies in it, I couldn’t leave this little guy there, so I took him and wasted my paycheck on all this.”

Prospers mom called the pup over and patted the top of his head and smiled.

“As long as you take care of him, you can keep him. What’s his name?”

Prosper thought about it for a second and it came to him, he had really loved Greek Mythology and the Gods.

“Achilles.”

Achilles barked happily and sat on the couch wagging his tail. Prosper he actually had someone. It sounded crazy I know, having a friend in a dog. But not to Prosper, he found in a companion in Achilles and he knew he was going to take great care of him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Aww Prosper got a puppy :D tell me your thoughts people. no silent reading !! :)