Status: active.

Demise.

twenty-nine.

Prosper checked himself in the mirror before leaving to get Norah. He was insanely nervous for this date, he never actually did this before. He bought Norah a bouquet of white roses, hopefully she likes it instead of thinking it was cheesy.

He put food down for Achilles and drove to Norah’s house. When he got to Norah’s, the lights were on and he felt his knees beginning to shake.

“Here we go.” he mumbled.

He rang the doorbell and waited. Norah answered the door with a big smile on her face.
She looked amazing and Prosper looked like he was in some sort of trance.

“You’re on time Wayland.”

Prosper smiled and handed her the flowers.

“I know, these are for you.”

She took the flowers and smelled them. “They’re pretty Prosper, thank you.”

She put them inside and Prosper said hello to her parents promising that he would have Norah home no later than eleven but they didn’t seem to mind. Prosper made reservations at a Hibachi grill- it was pretty pricey but it was worth it.

While they were they were waiting for their table, they held hands and she played with his fingers. A casual kiss here and there- it was his first date and he was completely fine with it’s progress.

“I’ve never done this before.” he admitted

“What?”

“This, a real date.”

She smiles and gives him a kiss on the cheek.

“Well Mr. Wayland you’re doing a great job so far.”

They called prosper and Norah for a table and they took orders for drinks. Norah was getting excited, she’s never been to one of these restaurants before. Norah held his hand under the table and watched all the other tables and chefs.

“This place is great Nor, you’re going to love it. The cooks do all these cool tricks and stuff.”

She was grinning now from ear to ear and Prosper just loved to see her smile.

The chef came and began to cook and Norah was laughing and clapping in amazement. When the chef put their food was put on their plates, Prosper scrunched up his nose at the shrimp.. He never really cared for shrimp and he nudged Norah.

“Want that?” he asked.

She took her fork stabbing the shrimp and plopping it in her mouth.
After dinner it was about nine-thirty and they still had time before Norah had to be home.

Prosper looked at Norah.

“I want to take you somewhere.”

She smiles and faces him in her seat. “Where are we going?”

He smiles and kissed her cheek lightly taking her hand.

“It’s a surprise.”

Prosper took Norah to his favorite spot as a child, this old park that was really falling apart. They were trespassing on town property, but he didn’t care- he came here so many times he knew he wasn’t going to get caught.

“I used to come here all the time, and just think.” Prosper said sitting on a swing, it squeaked underneath him.

She sat on the one next to him and moved a little.

“I used to come here and just think my problems away, my mom and my dad that I never really knew, the family I wish I was involved with- I can say my life is full of shit, but I’m glad I get to share it with someone.”

He looks up at Norah and she smiles and starts to swing herself.

“I got into Yale, but I’m not going. It may sound stupid to give up such a big opportunity, but I love music and it’s everything to me, my life is consumed by piano and singing.. I’m not fit to be a lawyer.”

Prosper watched her closely, he couldn’t believe she was saying this.

“Whatever makes you happy Norah.”

She got up and placed herself in his lap and softly placed her lips on his. To Prosper, this was the most perfect night, and nothing or no one could spoil it for him.
♠ ♠ ♠
:] i think this went perfectly well :] comments comments :D