Status: active.

Demise.

thirty-seven.

Prosper had Norah over one night and they were watching a movie cuddled up on his couch. Prosper had been thinking a lot lately.

The school year was practically almost over.

He was going to school for sports management and Norah was going to Yale for law- he wasn’t sure how to do things, he wasn’t sure if he could handle a long distance relationship. He loved being near Norah all the time- her smile, smell her touch.. He’d just miss her.

He looked down at her, she was all cuddled up to his side her head resting against her watching the TV intently.

“Norah?”

She looked at him and smiled. “Yes?”

“Can we talk about something?”

She sat up, stretching and paused the movie. “What’s up?”

Prosper got up and started to pace back forth, he didn’t know how to approach her in this type of situation because this never happened to him. He just didn’t want it to end badly. He could feel her eyes watching him as he walked.

“Baby, what’s wrong?”

“I just wanted to talk, the school year is almost over.”

She raised and eyebrow and looked at him.

“Yeah so?”

“Then the summer goes by, then what happens? When we go to two different schools. How are we going to be with each other?”

Norah leaned back and looked at him. “We’ll still be together.”

How could she make it seem so simple? Prosper thought. Things like this weren’t easy. If they were to be together, they could only see each other on certain days and holidays.. Prosper wanted her all the time.

“Norah, I don’t know if I can handle a long distance relationship.”

“Oh Prosper, stop acting like a child.”

Prosper looked at her and huffed. He was getting annoyed now-clearly Norah wasn’t getting where he was coming from and he really didn’t want to start yelling.

“I’m not acting like a child Norah, I’m just being realistic here in stead of living a fantasy. The last thing I‘m doing is acting like a child.”

Norah got up and narrowed her eyes at him. “So what are you trying to say to me Prosper hm? You want to break up with me? If so, tell me right now we’re over.”

He laughed at her and that made her even more angry he leaned against the door frame and she stood in the same spot. She looked like an angry lion ready to pounce on her prey, but she didn’t intimidate Prosper-not one bit.

“I’m not breaking up with you, I’m just trying to figure out how this is going to work.”

“What you don’t trust me?”

“I never said that Norah, stop putting words in my mouth.” Prosper said getting really annoyed.

“Grow up.”

He widened his eyes at her. “Don’t even fucking go there, you’re the last person to be telling me to grow up, my mother was a drug addict and she abused alcohol, I never knew my father, I practically raised myself so don’t even start.”

She laughed mockingly at him. “Don’t start with that sob story Prosper! You and I both know you’re not the same person anymore! So cut the shit!”

She walked over to him, the tears were forming in his eyes and her hands balled up into fists.

“You’re right, I’m not the same! I’ve done a lot of growing up Nor, I’m not just going to sit back and live a fantasy life! I’m not!”

She started to cry, so much then she started to hit him just like he knew she would. He sighed deeply and took her arms and held them firmly in his looking her in the eyes.

This really broke his heart, this girl meant everything to him, now he needed to make sure he could keep her.

“I hate when you cry.. You know that.”

“Don’t break up with me, we can make this work..”

He pulled her close to him and her tight in his arms, she cried into his chest and he patted down her hair.

“I’m not breaking up with you, I’m just scared we won’t get to be with each other.”

She looked up at him and took his face in her hands. “I don’t want to go anywhere if it’s going to be miles and miles away from you.”

Prosper smiled and kissed her nose wiping away her tears, this girl was a keeper and Prosper knew he was going to make this work, somehow.
♠ ♠ ♠
(: so my lovelies, it's getting close to the end, comments comments? there will be such a lovely ending chapter you will NOT be disappointed.