Journeys on the Crimson Moon

Chapter 1

The ground creaked and billowed as the sickness of movement fell over me. The air was muggy and smelled of fish and rotten wood. I couldn’t stand the blackness of my closed eyes any longer and forced them open. The world was dark and I saw movement close by. I heard other moaning and strange voices that only sat a few feet away from me.
I tried to call out, but my voice sounded horse and dry. The ground that I was laying upon started to dip to one side and I heard a scream. I tumbled to the left, being forced to comply with gravity. However, I wasn’t the only thing that fell with gravity. I felt a heavy object tumble onto me as I was pushed down to the left. I was thankfully stopped by hard railing on my back, but I was soon falling back the other way as gravity forced us.

I held on tight to the heavy object that had fallen on me, then I realized that it was a person. By the person’s size and weight, I figured a man, but I couldn’t tell in the dark world. More items fell with the shifting of the ground, but they slowed as the ground thrusted us back the other way. I heard someone yell to make this motion stop, but was suddenly silenced by the presence of harmful water pouring down from us from the sky.
I lost the man as I fell to the other side of the ground and stared downward. I could see the slight reflection of water as it pushed itself across the bottom of whatever I was standing on. The water was violent and continued to push the ground back and forth. I held on tight to the railing, coughing whenever I got drenched with water. My brown hair was everywhere and I was too scared to push it out of my eyes. My arms did not leave the wooden railing of the deck I was on. No matter how big the wave, or the force gravity pulled on me.
The ground started to slowly turn back to normal, till all that I felt was a slight rock to the ground’s motion. I saw the water more clearly, almost suddenly, and looked up to the sky to see billions of stars and a quarter moon. I then saw the slender poles, countless numbers of ropes, and the grounds of a ship. My parents owned a rental boat company so I could tell the familiarities, but this ship was ten times larger then the little boats we rented. This ship was grand, beautiful, and entirely wooden.

A figure ran across the deck of the ship and hurled closely to me. The figure grumbled something in some unknown language and looked at me. The figure had long hair and wasn’t feeling well. A voice called from the figure that sounded male and he spoke to me in his strange language.
“I-I am sorry,” I said finally able to speak, “I don’t know what you are saying.”
“Someone who speaks English!” a woman’s voice called out.
I heard steps run across the wooden deck and a figure that was about as tall as me ran over. She stopped and I could barely see her in the light. She had dark clothes and hair and I could just barely see tattoos of birds on her chest and shoulders that flew down her arms. The man close to me muttered something in his language and the girl placed her hands on her hips.

“Don’t you be rude! It’s not my fault that you can’t understand me.”
He probably rolled his eyes, but he stayed by the rails in a sickly position. The woman looked back at me and stuck out her hand.
“Can’t really see you, but the name’s Robin. You from the Capitol too?”
“Capitol?” I asked shaking her hand, “I’m from Virginia.”
Her look became strange as she broke away from the handshake. I didn’t think that I said something wrong, but is Virginia that bad of a place in her eyes? Suddenly a candle light flickered on the quarter deck by the wheel. As if suddenly, thousands of yellow candle lights filled the deck around us, giving the deck an unusual glow from the moon light and flame. I could see the deck much more clearly and my glance stopped at a man that was on the wheel.

Robin shared my gaze and as did the guy next to me. I traveled over to the stairs that lead up to the quarter deck and saw a man standing straight up high and had a blank stern look on his face.
♠ ♠ ♠
How I wrote this chapter was actually longer, but for this, I'm splitting it up into two parts so it's not so much for you to read :)

This story is inspired by my friend Melliecupcakes and Pirates of the Caribbean 4 :D