Status: Completed - thanks for reading!

Uncharted Territory

Homecoming

Reagan

I stepped off the plane and looked around in awe. I had made it; I was finally back in Arizona. I grabbed my bags and made my way outside to find a cab. As soon as I stepped outside the Phoenix air hit me full on. I had forgotten what Arizona heat felt like. It was so hot I felt as if I was stepping into an oven. There was also virtually no humidity, a concept that was nearly foreign to me. Heat out East was nothing like Arizona heat. I would have never dreamed that I’d be stepping foot in the Arizona heat again but life has a funny way of changing your plans and catching you off guard.

A cab pulled up and I smiled thanks as the cab driver got out to put my luggage in the trunk. I slid in the backseat and looked at the piece of paper in my hands. I kept it with me in case I forgot the address but I figured that wouldn’t happen. I’d had his address memorized for a while.

The driver got back in the car and I recited the address for him. I leaned back and looked at the Arizona scenery as it passed by.

“Have you ever been to Arizona before, Miss?” The cab driver asked, trying to be polite and make small talk.

I smiled back and said, “I have but it’s been many years. I used to live here when I was younger. I had forgotten how beautiful it is.”

“It is beautiful. I’ve lived here my whole life and love it. So what brings you back to Arizona?”

“I’m surprising someone.”

“Would this someone happen to be a boy?” The driver asked with a sly smile.

“Yes, it is.”

“Well I’m sure he’ll love the surprise. Getting a surprise from a beautiful girl like you is a wonderful thing.”

“I hope he likes it.” I said. I was a little worried that he may not like it though. He used to love surprises but people change.

The driver soon pulled up to the address I told him to go to and I thanked him once more after he pulled my luggage out of the trunk.

I turned to look at the house and then took a deep breath before walking towards the door. What’s the worst that could happen though? Well, I guess he could turn me away and then I’d have no place to go thanks to the fact that I had no back-up plan. I didn’t think he’d do that though. At least I hoped not.

I counted to three and then knocked on the door.

It was taking him a while to answer the door and I rolled my eyes. I figured he was hung over from the night before. I knocked once more and heard his voice call out, “Hold on. I’m coming.”

He opened the door with a smile on his face but a look of shock immediately took over.

“Reagan?”

“Hey, guess who’s back in Arizona.”
___________________________________________________________________

Grace

“You look and act like a Grace.”

I’ve heard that my entire life. What does that even mean though? Seriously, how can someone look and act like a name? People have told me that my looks remind them of Grace Kelly so I guess that takes care of the looks category, but what about the mannerisms category? Surely a Grace wouldn’t be going through what I currently am. At least I wouldn’t think so. Who knows though? I used to think I knew things when I so obviously didn’t.

I walked through the doors of the coffee shop and immediately wished that I had my ring back on. I didn’t want everything that went with it; I just wanted it because I would use my fingers to spin it when I became nervous. I knew it was a bad habit but I just couldn’t help myself. I really needed it now though because just being back in Tempe made me nervous, and I hadn’t even seen anyone yet.

I spoke too soon though because my eyes immediately shot to the tall boy standing in line. I quickly told myself I was being silly though. I’m pretty sure there have been studies done that say if you really want to see something or really don’t want to see something your brain starts conjuring it up in random places at random times. This was probably happening to me now. He was just an illusion.

Anyway, the odds of him being in here were slim. He’s almost never up this early and he probably wasn’t even in town; probably on tour somewhere across the country, or even on a different continent.

This seemed weird to me… not knowing where he was, not knowing if he was on tour or not. I used to know when he was on tour and even what city he was in on what night. There had even been times when he had become confused as to where they were so he’d call me and ask. Knowing where he was always made me feel closer to him, even when he wasn’t at home. It helped me feel as if there was a piece of him still with me if only I knew where he was. There was no need for me to know where he was and what he was doing anymore though. There’s no reason to hold onto something that’s in the past and the two of us were definitely history.

The boy in front of me finished ordering and turned around. I guess my mind wasn’t playing tricks on me, it really was him.

It took a couple seconds for him to recognize me but as soon as he did the confusion in his eyes was quickly replaced with hate.

“Grace, what are you doing back in Tempe?”
♠ ♠ ♠
New story! I know I'm crazy since this is my third active story I have but I really wanted to write this since my other John O'Callaghan fan-fic just ended. I decided to mix things up though and add Kennedy to this story also. I also decided to do something different and instead of having song lyrics as chapter titles, I'll have a lyric or quote at the beginning of each chapter that kind of foreshadows what's going to happen in the chapter. I know this beginning is a bit confusing but I wanted it to be that way. You'll find out more info in the later chapters :)