Status: Completed - thanks for reading!

Uncharted Territory

8123

Reagan

“I can’t believe you seriously still live with your parents. That’s so embarrassing.” I laughed.

I was currently at my part-time job which happened to be a receptionist at the 8123 management offices. Tim needed a part-time receptionist and asked if I wanted to do it. I quickly agreed. The job was perfect for me. Tim worked around my class schedule and things here usually weren’t too busy so I could work on my homework while I worked. The other bonus was that I could still hang out with the guys all the time since they were always coming to 8123 for something, whether it was because they had to actually do something with their music or they just wanted to hang.

“Ok, I think I should win because you are judging me hardcore right now. I was just following the rules by answering honestly and now you’re making fun of me.” John complained.

I rolled my eyes at John. Every time we played honesty he found some reason why he should win. Nearly every time we saw each other, John and I would start playing again. Today was no different. John had to drop something off at 8123 and decided to stick around so we could play the game. I had just asked him what was something he did that most people his age didn’t do. His answer was that he still lived with his parents.

I finally stopped laughing and said, “I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to judge you. I just find it a tad humorous that you’re 22 and still living with your parents. You’re going to be one of those losers who’s 40 years old and lives in his parents’ basement playing video games all day.”

“Whoa, Garrett is the video game nerd, not me.” John said, defending himself.

“Yeah, but Garrett has his own place.”

“I don’t see any need to move out. I’m gone for half the year anyway. Plus my mom cooks and does my laundry. If I did get a house it would just sit there all empty and lonely.”

“Excuses, excuses. Ok, you’re turn to ask a question.”

John thought for a couple minutes before asking, “What were you like in high school?”

“What was I like in high school?”

“Did I stutter?” John joked and then continued, “Were you a jock or a nerd or the popular bitch that everyone secretly hated?”

“Do I look like a bitch?” I asked.

“It depends on the day.” John shrugged and then started laughing when I gave him a dirty look.

“Let’s see…in high school I was the girl that did everything.” I answered.

“So you were the school slut?” John smirked.

I gave a frustrated sigh and said, “Everything, John, not everyone. I played sports, was salutatorian, a member of four different clubs and president of one of them, did community service, and was also in choir.”

“So you sing?”

“Hey, only one question per turn.”

“That shouldn’t count as a question though. It’s a follow up.”

“I kind of sing. I did a few solos here and there but I don’t really sing in front of people, for the most part. That’s Kennedy, not me. And no, I will not sing for you so don’t even ask.”

“You’re no fun Reagan.” John said and I stuck my tongue out at him.

The door to 8123 opened and John and I looked up to see Joel coming in with three other guys who I recognized as also being in This Century.

“Hey guys, this Kennedy’s sister, the stalker fan girl I was telling you about.” Joel laughed as he walked over to where John and I were.

“I’m not a stalker fan girl.” I said.

As soon as Joel stopped laughing he introduced me to his band mates: Sean, Alex, and Ryan.

“Hey it’s fine if you are. Anyway, Joel’s been totally stalking you ever since the party at your house a couple weeks ago.” Sean said.

Joel hit Sean and then turned to me, “Don’t listen to him. I haven’t been stalking you.”

“Yeah he has. This boy has definitely been creepin’ on you big time.” Alex jumped in.

“I’d get a restraining order if I were you.” Ryan said.

“You guys are so dumb. Come on, we have to go meet Tim. It was nice to see you again, Reagan. Please don’t let my band mates freak you out. They’re pathological liars.” Joel said and then turned to walk away.

Ryan and Alex started to follow Joel but Sean hung back.

“So Joel hasn’t been stalking you but he definitely likes you. The boy has it bad for you.” Sean said as he gave me one last smile and then headed towards the other three guys.

I could feel a blush on my cheeks as I looked up to see John giving me a weird look.

“What?” I asked him.

“Do you really think Kennedy is going to let you date Joel?”

“John, no one said anything about dating. Joel hasn’t made a move yet. Anyway, didn’t all of you say that Joel is a really great guy?”

“Yeah he is it’s just that…” John sighed and then said, “Never mind.”

“John, I already have Kennedy playing the role of overprotective brother. I don’t need you doing that too.”

“I’m not trying to be overprotective. I just think you should be focused on college instead of boys.”

I rolled my eyes and said, “Thanks, dad. I don’t understand what the problem is though. Right now there is just a possibility that Joel might like me. It’s not like we’re getting married or I’m pregnant with his child or anything.”

“You better not.”

I just laughed at John and began typing some things into the computer.

John and I were both silent for a couple minutes until he said, “So I’ve been thinking about seeing if Grace wants to talk sometime so we can try to solve our issues. I think it’s time for me to forgive her.”

I looked up in surprise and said, “Really? That’s good.”

“So you think it’s a good idea?”

“Well I can’t really say for sure because I don’t know everything that happened between the two of you but I think you need to at least be on better terms than you are now.”

“Yeah, you’ve helped me see that Rae. Thanks. I might be asking you for advice more often because you listen a lot better than the guys and give better advice than them also. Well I have to go. I’ll talk to you later.”

“Bye, John. Have fun at your parents’ house.” I joked.

He just flipped me off before walking through the doors.

I sighed and turned back to my computer. I was glad he was thinking about forgiving Grace but something was bothering me… I really needed to find out what Grace did.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thoughts on Reagan and John....or Reagan and Joel?

Next chapter you'll find out what Grace did. Are you guys excited, curious, or do you not care? Because I kind of feel as if no one really cares about this story. Comments are really lacking and I'm wondering if people like this story and aren't commenting or just don't like this story. So, no matter your feelings, leave a comment. Either: "I like this story, keep it" or "this story sucks balls, delete it and start a new one" (Although I'd rather you word it better than that haha).

How about the segue from Grace to comments? Impressive, right? lol jk.

You guys can thank these two ladies for this update: vivalajade and drivingbackwards.