Status: Completed - thanks for reading!

Uncharted Territory

Relationships

Reagan

I plastered a smile on my face even though happy was the last thing I was feeling. Instead jealousy and disbelief were flowing through my body.

Grace and I had gone to get coffee after class and she had just told me the story of what she had done to John; the story of how she had run off and married someone else even though she was dating him.

“So you guys are going to go out on an actual date?” I asked curiously.

Grace smiled and said, “Yeah, we are. We want to try and have a relationship again.”

“Well that’s great, Grace.” I said, lying through my teeth. I didn’t know why I was so upset that she and John were trying their relationship again. Deep down I knew that I liked John but I didn’t want to admit that, especially to myself.

“I’m glad that you don’t hate me after hearing about what I did. I should have told you sooner but I didn’t want to lose one of the only friends I had in Tempe.” Grace softly said.

Great, now she was making me feel bad about being upset that she and John are trying to work things out.

“It was in the past Grace and you’re fixing it. I think our friendship is more important than your past mistakes.” I said.

Grace and I sat there sipping our coffee just enjoying the Arizona weather when my phone rang. I didn’t recognize the number but answered anyway.

“Hello?”

“Hi Reagan. It’s Joel….Joel Kanitz…from This Century. We met at your brother’s party and then again at 8123.” Joel said, stumbling through his words.

I laughed at his awkwardness and said, “Yeah, Joel, I know who you are.”

“Ok well I just wanted to make sure because I got your number from Kennedy so I figured you didn’t recognize my number and I didn’t want to seem like a creeper… I’m rambling, aren’t I?”

“Yeah, just a little.”

“Sorry, I ramble when I get nervous.” Joel sighed.

“It’s ok. I do too.” I replied.

“Well, I called you because I was wondering if you’d want to go out on a date with me sometime?”

I was thankful Joel was asking this over the phone so he couldn’t see the blush that instantly took over my cheeks. “Yeah, I’d like that.”

“Great. Oh, I already asked Kennedy too and he said it was ok.”

“You asked my brother if you could take me out on a date?”

“Yeah, Kennedy’s kind of scary when it comes to you.”

I laughed and said, “It’s just an act. Kennedy’s harmless.”

“I still figured it was best to ask him first. So does Friday sound alright?”

“Yeah, that sounds good.”

“Ok, I’ll pick you up at eight. Bye Reagan.”

“Bye Joel.” I said and then hung up the phone. When I looked up I saw Grace smiling at me.

“So you have a date with Joel, huh?” Grace asked.

“Yeah. I think I like him. I mean I don’t know him that well but he seems really sweet.”

Grace shrugged and said, “I don’t know him that well either but I’ve heard all the guys talk about what a great person he is.”

Grace and I finished up our drinks and then headed our separate ways to go home. I walked in the door to mine and Kennedy’s house and saw all the guys sitting down watching TV.

“Hey guys. What are you all doing here?” I asked.

“Band practice.” Jared said.

“Wow, it looks like you guys are practicing real hard.” I said as I rolled my eyes.

“We got bored.” Kennedy shrugged and then smirked as he asked, “So how was your day, Rae?”

“Fine. I mean I just went to my classes and then I got some coffee with Grace.”

“Is that all that happened?” Kennedy asked.

I shot him a dirty look as Pat asked, “What happened Reagan? I wanna know! I wanna know!”

I shook my head as I tried to hide the blush on my cheeks.

Kennedy laughed and said, “I think our little Reagan has a date.”

All the guys instantly looked over at me.

“Who do you have a date with Reagan?” Jared asked.

“Joel.” I said quietly but they all heard me.

“What?!” Garrett screamed and then continued, “Does our relationship mean nothing to you? You’re just going to cheat on me?”

I laughed and said, “Garrett we don’t have a relationship. We’re just friends with benefits.”

“I keep trying to make it a relationship but you always say no. You want to keep it at sex, and sex only.”

“That’s because you’re kind of embarrassing to take out in public. You more than make up for it in the bedroom though.”

Garrett thought for a few seconds before saying, “I don’t know if that’s a compliment or an insult.”

“Well I don’t know if you guys are serious or joking. You better be joking.” Kennedy jumped in.

“Oh, we’re serious.” I smirked.

“Garrett, I’m going to kick your ass!” Kennedy yelled as he jumped up.

“No! She’s lying! We were joking. I’ve never even touched Reagan!” Garrett yelled as he tried to run away from Kennedy.

Pat and Jared immediately started laughing and that’s when I noticed John had a weird look on his face.

“What’s wrong?” I mouthed to John but he just shook his head as if to say that nothing was the matter.

I decided that I should save Garrett so I said, “Well, I’m not the only one with a date. I believe Johnny Boy has a date with Grace.”

Now all the guys’ attention was on John.

John shrugged and said, “Yeah, we’re…umm…we’re trying to work things out.”

The guys were still looking at John but my focus was on my brother. Kennedy had a strange look on his face.

“Well I have to go. My mom just texted me and asked me to pick something up at the grocery store for her. I’ll see you guys later.” John said as he stood up. It almost seemed as if he didn’t want to talk about him and Grace.

“You know, you wouldn’t have to still do chores if you just moved out of your parents’ house.” I laughed.

“She has a point, dude.” Jared said as he started laughing with me.

“I don’t see why guys are hating on me. I don’t pay rent and don’t have to cook for myself.” John said.

“Now, he has a point.” Pat spoke up.

I rolled my eyes at the four guys as stood up and began walking out the door. Garrett shot me a dirty look for making Kennedy chase him but I just laughed it off.

As soon as the guys were gone I turned towards Kennedy and said, “You’re in love with Grace.”

It wasn’t a question. It was a statement.

Kennedy just looked at me for a couple seconds and I could tell he was considering lying to me.

“You suck at lying so don’t even try.” I warned.

Kennedy sighed and said, “I’ve been in love with her since high school.”

“So why haven’t you made a move, Ken?”

“Because she’s John’s. She’s always been John’s.”

I rolled my eyes and said, “Grace and John just decided to try their relationship again. You’ve had two months where you could have made a move.”

“I tried, kind of. I took her out for ice cream the night of our party and I hinted that I liked her but nothing happened. It’s fine though. She’s happy that she and John are working things out.”

“That doesn’t mean that you shouldn’t be happy.”

“I’m fine, Reagan. Please just drop it.” He snapped.

“Sorry.” I whispered as Kennedy turned and walked away.

I hated seeing my brother so upset. I could tell that he truly loved Grace. It sucked that he was in love with girl who was in love with someone else. I knew there were so many girls out there that would love a chance with Kennedy but he was too caught up in his love for Grace.

I had to laugh at the irony of it all though. Kennedy was in love with the girl who was dating the guy who I might have feelings for. I quickly shook that thought from my head. I was going to forget about John and focus on Joel. Well, I was at least going to try.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know pretty much all of you said that Grace and John shouldn't try again but I have now opened the door for a love pentagon to take place. I mean, love triangles are boring...love pentagons are the way to go. If you're gonna do it, do it big. hahaha

Some people have wondered if Grace is still married and I just wanted to clear that up... Grace is still technically married. She and her husband are separated but have not yet signed the divorce papers. Hope that clears everything up!

Thanks to everyone for reading and subscribing. Extra thanks to these people for commenting: jenniferfails, thatswhatshesaid0, Poison.The.Hero, drivingbackwards, SweetPea, Long Live;;, Joyvaaay, Baby.Blue.Eyes, MoveForMe, imXstillXfalling6, habbohabbo, skies-are-blue, whoever she is., Riley McDonough, draloliane, and KeepYourMouthShut.

Happy about Reagan and Joel? Mad about Grace and John? Or confused? Tell me :)