Status: Completed - thanks for reading!

Uncharted Territory

Brotherly Love

Reagan

He was still staring at me and it was beginning to become awkward so I broke the silence by saying, “So aren’t you excited to see me John?”

He finally snapped out of his trance and cleared his throat before saying, “Actually it’s Kennedy now.”

“Oh yeah, mom told me that you changed your name and I saw it when I was looking up info about your band. It’s just weird getting used to. I mean I only know you by John.”

“Well I’d really appreciate it if you called me Kennedy. Why are you here Reagan?”

“I was hoping you’d let me live with you.” I said with a hopeful smile on my face.

“You can’t just show up, Reagan, and expect me to be okay with it.”

“Really? You want to go there Jo…Kennedy? Well you can’t just…never mind.” I stopped before I said something I regretted.

“I can’t just what?”

“You can’t just leave me and expect me to be okay with it. I waited for you to come back for me Kennedy. I waited every day for a year.”

“You waited for me?” Kennedy said as the first signs of regret began to show on his face.

“Of course I did. We were more than just brother and sister. We were best friends. As soon as we moved out East and I realized you weren’t coming with us I began waiting. I waited outside every day after school for an hour. I figured if you did come back to rescue me that’s where you’d come because you probably wouldn’t want to come inside and face mom and dad. I even waited outside during the freezing cold winter. You never came back though and I got tired of waiting.”

“I’m sorry Rae; I just figured you’d be ok. I mean out of the three of us you were always the good child, the people pleaser.”

I snorted when he said I was the good child but said, “I just felt as if you didn’t care about me anymore.”

“Never think that Rae. I mean when I changed my name I picked Kennedy as my first name since it’s the name of a president and you have a president’s name also. Then obviously my last name is Brock’s name. My new name relates to the names of my younger sister and younger brother because I wanted to keep you two close to me even though I wasn’t with you guys anymore.”

“In the back of my mind I knew still you cared. It was still hard though.”

“I really am sorry. I just had to get out of there. I mean I even changed my name because I wanted to erase as much of my past as I could.”

I just nodded, not trusting myself to speak. Thinking back to the day Kennedy left always made me want to cry.

When I didn’t say anything Kennedy continued and asked, “So how is mom?”

The tears started coming now as I shrugged and said, “I don’t really know. I haven’t talked to any of them in a while. That’s why I came out here.”

“Why aren’t you speaking to them?”

“More like they’re not speaking to me. I quit Harvard so they’re mad. That means that Brock is now the golden child since you and I both effed up our lives. Well at least in the eyes of our parents.”

“Why did you quit college, Rae? You’re brilliant and Harvard has always been your dream.”

“Life happens and plans change. Sometimes you have to make hard decisions because they’re the right choice for you at that point in your life. You should know that better than anyone, Kenny.”

Kennedy didn’t seem completely satisfied with my answer but he wrapped me in a hug and said, “I’ve really missed you Rae. I didn’t realize how much I missed you until you showed up but I missed you a lot. I can’t believe how grown-up you are. I mean last time I saw you, you were a gangly, little twelve-almost-thirteen year old. Now you’re a gorgeous twenty year old.”

“Well it has been a little over eight years bro. You’re pretty handsome yourself.” I laughed.
Kennedy rolled his eyes but suddenly became serious and asked, “How did you find me?”

“Mom had your address hidden away and I found it a couple years ago. I figured she was sending you money without dad knowing. I wrote down the address in case I’d ever need it. And look now, I did need it. I couldn’t stay there Kenny, I really couldn’t. I mean living there is hard enough with mom on your side, you know that, but now mom isn’t even on my side. I tried to stay but it was honestly impossible. “

“I can only imagine.” Kennedy said and then continued, “Well you can live here. You’re my sister, Reagan, and like you said earlier, we used to be best friends too. I’d like for us to get back to that.”

“Thanks Kennedy.” I said as I threw my arms around him once again.

“You can go on in. I’ll go get your bags.” Kennedy said, motioning to the luggage I had left down on the sidewalk.

I went into Kennedy’s house and began looking around. Suddenly a boy with dark copper hair came out of room which I assumed to be an extra bedroom.

We both looked at each other for a couple seconds until he broke the awkwardness by saying, “Umm…hello?”

“Hi. I’m not trying to be nosy, but are you Kennedy’s boyfriend or something?”

“What the fuck? No, I’m Garrett. I’m in the band with Kennedy. I am also 100% straight, as is Kennedy.”

“Oh, sorry. It just looked as if you might be since you did come out of one of his rooms wearing only boxers.”

Garrett must have suddenly realized he was only wearing boxers because he blushed and said, “I was too drunk last night to make it home so I just crashed here. So who are you? I mean you’re obviously not a girl that Kennedy is trying to start a relationship with since you thought we were gay lovers.”

I was about to answer but Kennedy walked through the door at the moment and said, “Garrett, put some clothes on. I don’t want you talking to my sister nearly naked.”

“Hi, I’m Reagan. Kennedy’s sister.” I said, introducing myself.

Garrett looked at Kennedy, then me, and then back to Kennedy. “You have a sister? The fuck? It’s like the fucking twilight zone in here or something. I must say though that your sister is hot even if she did do that freaky look thing at me.”

Kennedy looked at Garrett and said, “First, don’t cuss in front of my sister. She doesn’t need to hear your sailor mouth. Secondly, call my sister hot again and I will chop your balls off. Last, what freaky look thing are you talking about?”

“That freaky look thing when it feels as if the person is staring into your soul. John does it all the fuc…freaking time.

I cut in and said, “Well I didn’t mean to do a freaky look thing. I was just trying to figure out who you were. Sorry for scaring you.”

“No, it’s ok. It was just weird because it was the almost the same exact look John does. I guess you don’t know who John is though. Well I’m going to throw my clothes on and get going. If you ever need some company don’t hesitate to call me, Reagan.”

“Garrett.” Kennedy growled.

“What? I was just going to offer to show her around Tempe.”

“She doesn’t need a tour of your room Garrett.”

“I think we should leave that decision up to Reagan, and anyway it doesn’t have to be my room. Reagan can explore my body anywhere.” Garrett smirked.

“Garrett! Leave, now!” Kennedy yelled and Garrett hurried to the door, putting the rest of his clothes on as he went.

I turned towards Kennedy and asked, “Are all your friends that…interesting?”

Kennedy sighed and said, “Sadly, yes. They’re really cool once you get to know them though. Garrett’s just a flirt. But if any of them touches you let me know and I will take care of them.”

I laughed and said, “It’s fine. I’m sure your friends are great. I actually found Garrett to be funny. He’s pretty cute too.”

Kennedy shot me a dirty look and I rolled my eyes as I said, “I’m kidding. Anyway at first I thought he was your gay lover or something. Well I’m going to go unpack now.”

I was almost to the door of my new room when I hear Kennedy yell, “Gay lovers? What?!”
♠ ♠ ♠
Outfit
So you know a little bit more about Reagan. You'll find out more about Grace in the next update :) Thanks for the comments and subscriptions!