Status: Completed - thanks for reading!

Uncharted Territory

Soccer Game

Grace

“So today’s your date with Kennedy, huh?”

I rolled my eyes even though my sister couldn’t see me since we were talking on the phone. “It’s not a date, Ash.”

“Yeah, keep telling yourself that,” Ashley joked.

“Ashley, for the last time, Kennedy Brock and I are just friends.”

“If you weren’t dating John though you’d be all over him.”

“Seriously, stop it.”

“Hey, I’m not judging you or anything. Kennedy is one attractive guy.”

I sighed, growing tired of this conversation. “Kennedy and I would never work out.”

“Why?” Ashley questioned.

“Because I’m dating John, one of his best friends.”

“Who’s the better person for you though?”

“This conversation is done,” I snapped.

“Geez, sorry. I didn’t realize I hit a nerve.”

“Sorry for snapping at you,” I sighed.

“It’s fine. Just think about what I’ve said, okay?”

“Why are you pushing me to give Kennedy a chance?”

“I feel as if you and Kennedy have always had some sort of attraction for each other. I know you’re with John right now but I also know that John is a safe choice for you. The safe choice isn’t always the best choice,” Ashley said.

“Fine, I think about your wise words, dear sister,” I said before hanging up.

I hung up just in time because the doorbell rang a couple seconds later.

I took a deep breath to try and control the butterflies in my stomach as I made my way to the door. I didn’t know why I was so nervous. Kennedy and I were just friends and we were just watching a soccer game.

I opened the door and smile when I saw Kennedy standing there in an Arizona soccer jersey.

“You’re all decked out for this game,” I laughed.

“I’m a true fan,” Kennedy joked back. “Ready to go?”

I followed Kennedy to his car and we had a good time at the game. We cheered the loudest and I’m sure people were giving us weird looks but we didn’t care because we were having too much fun. I loved how I was able to forget about everything else when I was with Kennedy, it was just about him and me.

As we were walking back to the car after the game Kennedy said, “I’m starving. Do you want to stop someplace and get something to it?”

“That sounds wonderful. I’m starving too.”

“Good. I’m paying for your dinner so don’t even try to argue.”

“Kenny…” I started but he quickly interrupted.

“I said no arguing. Anyway, you bought the soccer tickets so the least I can do is buy dinner.”

“Those tickets were your Christmas present.”

“Doesn’t matter. I’m still buying dinner.”

I rolled my eyes but figured I better stop arguing. He wasn’t going to budge on this.

We got sat down at our table at the restaurant and were finally able to talk some. We had barely talked at the game because we were cheering so loudly.

“So what was Reagan doing this afternoon?” I asked.

“She was watching some college basketball games on TV when I left and Joel was getting ready to come over. Poor boy has no clue what he’s getting into,” Kennedy laughed.

“Why?” I questioned.

“Reagan loves college basketball and gets vicious during the games. She yells at the TV. It’s actually really funny but is a little overwhelming if you’re not used to it.”

I laughed. “I can actually picture her yelling at the TV. So what’s been going on in the world of Kennedy Brock?”

Kennedy shrugged. “Not much. I’m actually kind of dating someone.”

A weird feeling started in my stomach but I forced a smile. “Oh, really?”

“Yeah,” Kennedy nodded. “We’ve been out on a few dates and I really like her.”

“That’s good. Has Reagan met her?”

“Reagan actually introduced us. Her name’s Paige and she’s in one of Rae’s classes at ASU. Reagan thought we’d be a good match and she was right. Who would have thought Reagan could be a matchmaker?”

“Oh, well I’m glad you’re happy.”

Kennedy smiled. “Thanks Grace. You need to meet her of course. I think you’d really like her plus I want to make sure you approve of her. I’d hate if one of my best friends didn’t like my girlfriend.”

“Yeah…umm…I’d really like to meet her.”

“Well This Century is having a show in a couple weeks for the release of their new cd and we’re opening up for them. I’m bringing Paige and I’m sure you’ll come with John so you can meet her then.”

“Sounds great,” I lied.

I wanted Kennedy to be happy but for some reason the fact that he had a girlfriend really bothered me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Outfit

Hello all :) So Kennedy has a girlfriend...are you guys happy that he's finally not lonely anymore or upset?

I'm hosting a contest and I'm super excited for it. I would love it if you all would join. Click HERE to check it out!!

Huge thanks to: RoRo15, drivingbackwards, LongLive;;, and wiltingroses.