Status: Completed - thanks for reading!

Uncharted Territory

Rescue

Reagan

I stepped inside the venue and smiled. Tonight was the night of This Century’s show to celebrate the release of their first CD and The Maine was opening up for them. I was so proud and excited to see some of my favorite boys perform.

I heard loud noises coming from the back of the venue so I headed back there because I figured that’s where all the guys were. I made it to the room where all the noise was coming from and saw the guys from This Century and The Maine goofing off.

Pat was the first to see me and he quickly ran over to give me a hug. “Reagan! You’re here!”

“Hey Reagan!” The rest of the guys shouted.

“Hey guys,” I laughed.

Joel walked over and gave me a quick kiss. “Hey Rae.”

I smiled up at him. “Hey Joel. You clean up well.”

“Why thank you. You look nice too although we all know that I am the pretty one in this relationship.”

“Yeah right, I’m the pretty one in the relationship,” I laughed.

“Actually I’m the pretty one and you’re the gorgeous one.”

“That was so cheesy Mr. Kanitz. I love you anyway though.”

Joel smiled down at me. “I love you too, Rae. Thanks for coming tonight.”

“Of course. I wouldn’t miss it for the world. I’m so proud of you.”

Joel leaned down and kissed me again in response.

The rest of the guys started yelling at us so we quickly pulled away from each other.

“Could you two please not kiss in front of me? That’s disgusting,” Kennedy grimaced.

“Sorry bro,” I laughed as I looked around and saw disgusted looks on the other guys’ faces too, all of them except for John. I couldn’t tell what kind of look he had on his face but he quickly recovered.

As I was looking around I noticed that the This Century guys were dressed nicely but all of The Maine guys were wearing This Century shirts.

“You guys got This Century shirts? No fair,” I pouted.

“Yeah, we got them for free since we’re opening for them,” Jared said.

“What?! I’m the girlfriend and I don’t even get a free shirt? Who do I have to sleep with around here to get a shirt?” I joked.

“Obviously not Joel since he didn’t give you a shirt,” Garrett joked.

Kennedy quickly hit Garrett. “Could we not talk about my sister’s sex life?”

“I’m sorry I didn’t give you a shirt babe. You can go grab one from merch…actually you can grab two since you’re my girlfriend,” Joel said.

“Nope, I don’t want one now. I’m obviously not special enough,” I joked.

I hung out with the boys for a little while until my phone buzzed signaling that I had a text message. I looked at my phone and saw that Grace sent me a message saying that she was at the venue.

“Grace is here so I’m going to go out and meet her. Good luck everyone,” I said.

“I’ll see you after the show,” Joel said as he leaned down and gave me one more kiss.

“Gross!” I heard all the guys yell as I walked out the door.

“Hey Grace,” I smiled as I walked up to her.

“Hey Rae,” she smiled back. “So are you excited for tonight’s show?”

“Yeah I am. I’ve never seen any of the guys perform before, even Kennedy. I can’t wait.”

“This is the first show of theirs I’ve been to in about three years so I’m excited too,” Grace said.

I was about to respond when I suddenly heard someone yell out, “Hey Reagan!”

I turned around and saw Paige, Kennedy’s new girlfriend walking towards us. Paige was in one of my classes at ASU and I set her up with Kennedy because I thought they’d make a cute couple. Kennedy really liked her. I was glad that he was happy and I was also hoping that Paige would help him get over Grace.

“Hey Paige. I’m so glad you could make it tonight. Kennedy’s excited too,” I smiled.

“I can’t wait to see him perform. You can tell that he loves what he does when he talks about The Maine and their music.”

I nodded. “Yeah, he loves music. Oh, Paige this is Grace. She’s dating John, The Maine’s lead singer.”

“Nice to meet you Grace, I’m Paige. I just started dating Kennedy.”

“Nice to meet you,” Grace smiled but it looked a bit forced to me.

The three of us stood there talking until the show began although Grace was pretty quiet and I wasn’t sure why.

As soon as the guys of The Maine stepped on the stage I was enthralled. You could tell they loved what they did and the fans loved them too. I was so proud of my brother for making his dreams come true.

After the guys of The Maine left the stage the This Century guys walked up and they were even more excited that The Maine guys. I could tell they were so happy to finally be releasing their first album and ecstatic that so many fans came out to support them.

After everyone was done performing I walked over to the bar to grab a drink while I waited on the guys to clean up and come out into the venue.

“There’s no need to order a drink pretty lady, I’ve got one right here for you,” I heard a voice behind me say.

When I turned around I saw a creepy looking guy who was obviously drunk holding out a drink to me.

“No, that’s fine,” I politely said before turning away.

“Just take it sweetheart,” That guy said again.

“Really, I’m fine. Anyway, I don’t take drinks from strangers.”

The guy grabbed my arm and leaned in so his face was only inches from mine. “Stop being an ungrateful bitch and take the damn drink.”

I wanted to get away but I couldn’t. Memories flashed through my head and I was frozen.

“Hey, get your hands off my girlfriend,” A voice said and relief washed over me as Joel came up and pushed the guy away. I immediately wrapped my arms around him.

The guy wasn’t going to leave that easy though. “Do you want to fight, pretty boy?”

“Sir, I think you need to leave, and never touch my sister again,” Kennedy said as he walked up to offer back up for Joel.

“I can take on the both of you,” The guy sneered.

“Actually you’ll have to take on the three of us and I don’t think you can do that so it’d be best if you leave,” John said as he went up to stand by us.

The guy mumbled, “She’s not worth it,” before leaving.

I was so shocked and upset over what had happened that I could barely stand up, I just clung to Joel.

“Are you okay?” Joel worriedly asked me.

“Yeah, can we just go outside? I need some air,” I said.

Joel and I walked outside so I could calm down. Thankfully he didn’t talk about the incident that had just happened. He just let me cling to him and calm down.

“Hey Joel, I hate to interrupt but The Maine just finished signing autographs so it’s our turn now,” Sean said as he walked outside. “Are you alright Rae? I saw what happened inside.”

“Yeah, I’m fine now,” I said.

“I don’t really want you to be left alone though, Rae. Sean, can you go find Kennedy?” Joel asked.

Sean went back inside and came back a few minutes later. Following him though was John instead of Kennedy.

“I couldn’t find Kennedy. I think he’s with Paige. I found John instead though,” Sean said.

“Thanks for staying with Rae,” Joel said to John.

“Of course. I don’t want her to be by herself either,” John replied.

Joel turned to me, “I’ll be back as soon as I can. I promise.”

“Take your time. I don’t want you to disappoint your fans.”

Joel gave me a kiss on the cheek and then walked back into the venue to sign autographs.

“So what happened in there?” John asked once we were alone.

“Some jerk came up to me and tried to give me a drink. Then he got rough when I refused.”

“No, I know what he did. I meant what happened to you. It’s like you froze up or something.

The Reagan I know would have kicked him in the balls.”

I simply shrugged because I didn’t want to answer John’s question.

“Does this have anything to do with why you left Harvard?”

“Please don’t make me answer that, John. If you want to say that you win Honesty because I won’t answer this question that’s fine, I don’t care. I just don’t want to talk about it.”

John sighed, “You’re going to have to face it eventually. You can’t run from it.”

“I’m not running from it.”

“Really Reagan? Because it seems as if you are. Aren’t you going back out east in two weeks for Spring Break so you can take care of some Harvard things? That means you’ll have to stop running from your problems soon.”

“I don’t run from my problems,” I retorted.

“Really? Then why won’t you talk about our almost kiss on New Year’s Eve. I’ve tried to bring it up a couple times but you won’t talk about it.”

I was starting to become angry by this point. “I won’t talk about it because nothing happened and even if something had happened it would have meant nothing. I have Joel and you have Grace.”

John rolled his eyes. “Just face it, you run from your problems.”

“Like you’re one to talk. Every time you and Grace have a fight you call me. Do you know how awkward that is? I’m friends with both of you so it sucks being in the middle. Take care of your problems yourself,” I yelled.

“I’ll take care of mine as soon as you take care of yours.”

After John’s last statement we just sat there in silence, both of us furious with each other. Joel finally came back outside and he could tell there was some tension between John and me. Joel thanked John for staying with me before we headed back to Joel’s car.

“So what’s up with you and John?” Joel asked as he began driving me back to my house.

I rolled my eyes. “Oh he’s just grumpy or something. We got into a small argument but it’s nothing.”

We pulled up to my house by then so I kissed Joel and thanked him for rescuing me before go in my house. When I got in the house Kennedy was already back home.

“Hey Ken. Great job tonight,” I smiled.

“Thanks. So Rae, when I got home there was a message on the answering machine from your therapist. She said that you could stay with her when you go back to Hartford. She also said that she’d go with you to court if you wanted her to.”

I froze as soon as Kennedy said those words. My secret was out.

“Reagan Elise Trotter, why the hell do you have to go to court?”
♠ ♠ ♠
Outfit

So this one is full of drama and I want to know your thoughts about what happened to Reagan and the creep, John and Reagan getting mad at each other, and why she has to go to court. Also, who should Reagan be with...Joel or John?

Thanks to these awesome people for commenting: RoRo15, mandiimouse, drivingbackwards, zillyboo, and Juli_Tabouli.

Also, it's not too late to join my contest if you want!