Status: Completed - thanks for reading!

Uncharted Territory

Home is Wherever I'm With You

Six Months Later

“Grace, you look fine, I promise,” Kennedy groaned as I pulled the tenth shirt out of my closet and contemplated putting it on.

“I can’t look just fine though, Kennedy,” I mumbled.

“Why are you stressing out so much over this? It’s a party with all of our friends. You’ve been to parties in Tempe thousands of times.”

“Yeah, but do you remember last time I went to a Tempe party?” I asked, thinking about how John yelled at me the last party I had gone to. It was shortly after I’d gotten back into town and he still hadn’t forgiven me. I knew our relationship had drastically changed since then but I was still nervous

“Grace, it will be fine. I promise,” Kennedy said as he came up behind me and wrapped his arms around me.

I leaned into him and sighed. Just that simple movement was enough to comfort me. Kennedy and I had been taking things pretty slow ever since we finally got on the same page with our feelings.

I was so grateful for Kennedy’s understanding throughout all of this. He understood that even though I wasn’t in love with John anymore, breaking off an engagement was hard. He never complained, even when it took me four months of dating him before I agreed that we could finally be “official.” My only regret was that I hadn’t seen what was right in front of me this whole time. John was my first love but I had a feeling Kennedy was going to be my lifelong love.

“So are you good now? We need to leave or else we’ll be late,” Kennedy asked.

“Yeah, I’m ready as I’ll ever be.”

“Hey, it’ll be okay. I’ll be by your side the whole night,” Kennedy smiled as he reached out his hand towards me.

I returned his smile and grabbed his hand because I knew he was right. As long as Kennedy was by my side I could face anything.

------------------


“I really like her,” I smiled.

“Yeah, I do too,” Joel said as we both looked over at Kaitlyn, the girl he’d taken out on a few dates.

“So have you asked her to be your girlfriend yet?”

“Not yet,” Joel shook his head. “I was planning on asking her tonight. I hope she says yes.”

“She will. You’re an awesome guy and you deserve to be happy,” I smiled.

Things between Joel and I had been weird for a while after I decided to not move back East. It was understandable though…I did break-up with him and then start dating one of his good friends not too long after. It was a weird situation but we were fine now.

“Thanks Rae. You deserve to be happy too. Are things still good between you and John?”

“Yeah, they are,” I nodded before noticing John coming out of the kitchen with two drinks in his hands. “Well speak of the devil. Good luck tonight Joel; not that you’ll need it though.”

“Thanks,” Joel smiled.

I gave him one last smile before walking over to join John.

“I’m glad you guys are good again,” John said as he handed me a drink.

“Me too,” I nodded.

“So who’s a better kisser…Joel or me?”

I laughed. “Nope, not answering that.”

“Come on.”

“No, that’s not a fair question.” I shook my head.

“If you don’t want to lose this round of honesty you better answer.”

John and I had continued to play honesty but we’d played so many rounds that we’d lost count of who had won how many. We still used losing honesty as a threat though.

“Who’s a better kisser…Grace or me?” I smirked.

“No, not answering that,” John shook his head. “You’re right, that isn’t a fair question.”

“Ha, I win!”

“I don’t think so. You’re the one who originally didn’t answer the question therefore I win.”

“I hate you,” I pouted.

“I don’t think you do,” John said as he leaned in for a kiss. “New round?”

“Sure,” I smiled. “So, if you had the chance to go back in time and not have your heart broken by Grace and not have to go through the broken engagement and everything, would you?”

“No, because then I wouldn’t have you.”

“I like that answer.”

“Well I like you,” John hugged me.

As I was hugging John I saw Grace and Kennedy walk in. The two of us smiled and waved at them.

People thought it was weird that we were all okay with each other after everything we all went through but in the end it made our friendships and relationships stronger.

The four of us had been through so much these past 18 months but we kept going when things seemed impossible and ended up making homes in our previously uncharted territory.
♠ ♠ ♠
Outfit

Well that's it...Uncharted Territory is officially done. It's a weird feeling. I've been working on this story for two years and have gone through my computer crashing twice, times when I wanted to give up on this story, and so much more.

Huge thanks to everyone that commented, subscribed, recommended, and gave me support over this story. You guys kept me going.

I do have a new story that I'd love for you guys to check out (it's another JohnOh). Just click here.

Once again, thanks so much! I'll really miss Reagan and Grace.