I Don't Love You Like I Loved You Yesterday

I Don't Love You Like I Loved You Yesterday

MARISOL POV
I woke up by myself. I noticed his familiar heartbeat wasn’t there anymore. Neither was he.

“Oliver! Oliver! Where are you?” I called into the dark. No answer.

I left our bed and headed out into the kitchen. No one was in sight, but a note lay lonely on the counter.

~Marisol,

I don’t know how to tell you this gently, so I’ll just tell you; I’m leaving you. We’ve been together for two years, but I’m just not happy anymore. Things fell apart a while ago, but we never said anything to one another. I’m sorry. I hope one day I’ll see you again, and I hope that we are both happy, and that we can still be friends. Marisol, I’m really sorry; but I don’t love you like I did yesterday.

~Oliver

I read and reread the note over and over and over. Every time the words just kept getting louder and louder in my head. Tears leaked out of my eyes. Then, all of the sudden…

OLIVER POV
“Marisol! Wake up, you’re having a bad dream.” I shook the tossing and turning girl next to me awake softly. She finally came to.

“Oliver. You’re here. Thank god.”

“What were you dreaming about?”

“You had left me. You wrote me a note that said you didn’t love me like you did yesterday.”

“Don’t worry honey, don’t cry. I still love you.” I cooed.

“Just promise me you won’t leave me?”

“I won’t leave you.” I whispered. With those words of comfort, Marisol fell back asleep in my arms.

I glanced at the note I had folded up on my night stand.

“….I won’t leave you.........for now.”
♠ ♠ ♠
One-shot. Most likely always will be.