The Star Dreamer

The Scrapbook

“Guys, could you help me go shopping” asked Bee walking into the room.
“Shhh” we all went.
“Aww, that's the fastest I’ve ever seen her go to sleep” whispered Bee.
“Alex, will you stay with her. I don't want her on her own, the guys and I are going shopping, we’ll be back in a few hours” she whispered getting her bag.
“Wait! What am I gonna do?” I whisper shouted.
“Oh, take her to her room. Make her comfortable, she’s gonna be as stiff as hell tomorrow”
I nodded and waved them off.
“Bye Alex. Want anything bringing back?”
I shook my head no and off they went. Okay, time to move Doll. I put her arm around my neck and pulled her onto my lap. I lifted her up with my hand around her and my arm under her knees. I walked to her room and laid her down on her bed. Just as I was about to let go, she tightened her arms around my neck, pulling me close.
“Stay” she whisper mumbled in my ear.
“Okay” I mumbled back lying down on the bed next to her. He head went to my chest and her arm went round my stomach. I wasn’t tired but she was zonked. She was in a deep sleep again. I looked around the room and saw the year book on the table next to me. I picked it up carefully and opened the first page. Well it turned out to be one of her scrap books. There were pictures of us growing up; each picture had a story neatly written in Doll’s swirly handwriting. I laughed when Doll had written something and Bee’s handwriting would be either taking the piss or adding something to it. There was one of All Time Low, at one off our gigs. That picture was on the left hand side of the book, with a description underneath, saying how happy she was of us, then one of Bee’s comments in a bright pink pen, followed by Doll telling her off for writing in bright pink. Then on the right hand side of the opposite page was a picture taken from a tour we did recently, and underneath again was a comment.
“I knew that they’d make it big. And they did! I’m so proud, I knew all that band practice would come in use! Bee and I went to see them today and they were just amazing! Their sound has improved and they all look so much more grown up. We’ve heard them on the radio a few times, even George. Rian can still play a mega beat, Zack is still rocking the bass, Jack’s still as crazy as before-“
“That's true!” Bee had labelled in a red pen
“and Alex still sings like an angel, even if he does have a cocky attitude”
“But you were totally checking him out! I saw you!! You cannot lie to me! Ahh hahahaha!”
“Buzz off Bee! And so what if I was checking him out? It’s not like I'm gonna see him again”
Other pictures included Bee getting an award, Doll and the rest of her cast making a new record for the most TV audience, when Doll had dyed Bee’s hair green by accident, the comments for that one was hilarious, others included Bee in a field being chased by what looked like a cow. Under the picture Doll had written
“This is our holiday to Ireland. We were stood up, watching the sunset when Bee screamed. A cow was eating her coat, it was hilarious! She started running away from the cow but it kept following her. I’ve never seen her run so fast!”
“Listen here Polly- Anne, that cow ate my only coat. And it was MASSIVE! It was not funny! I could have been killed!”
“I doubt that because you jumped over a fence meaning you fell into a ditch of mud!”
“Shut up :)”
Another picture was taken in the kitchen. Doll was in a beautiful dress, smiling really wide. She looked like a princess. The dress was deep blue and went down to her knees, bringing out her curves. Her hair was up high in large ringlets, there was also a nice dark blue ribbon tied in a bow around her ponytail. She wore some blue heels and held an award in her left and right hand. Underneath in Bee’s writing was
“The Friday Night Show was nominated for the best comedy show, best new show, best live entertainment, best live music and best for all ages. The gang left the awards with 4 out of 5 awards, meaning each could keep an award. Doll was also up for Teen Idol, and she won! I'm so proud of her! Doesn’t she just look amazing? I worked so hard on that dress and her hair”
I sighed and was about to put the book down when I saw another photo. Doll and I were asleep, it was taken when we like 16 or 17. It looked like we were at a party. My head rested between her shoulder and neck, my arm over her stomach. One of her hands was in my hair and the other holding my hand that rested on her waist. There was little felt hearts and doodles around the picture.
“He always looked cute when he slept. She looked cute when she slept as well, but together they are so cute I nearly puked.” Bee had written neatly under the picture.
“I know. He is kinda cute” Doll had written underneath.
‘When did she write this?!’ I demanded in my head, ‘Does this mean that I have a chance with her?’ I wondered. My thoughts were interrupted when Doll started waking up.