Status: Active.

Rendezvous

“I’m not drunk.”

A week ago, Nick had never thought of cheating on his family. Meeting London changed it all - not that he wanted to, he just had troubles resisting himself from Miss Chili Hair. She was beautiful, and any man could fall on his knees to her beauty. Nick tried really hard to not to be one of those men, but the more he resisted, the crazier the craving he had upon perceiving her. But also the more he gave in, the crazier his brain would be because his consciousness was shouting too loud. "Fall back!" it would shout, "Retreat! Whatever the fuck it is, don't give in!"

It had been three weeks since their almost kissing "incident", and they were never left alone ever since. Not that anybody knew, Nick just tried to make it so and to his relief, London never tried to do anything that could lead them to anything that brings a controversy. She was actually never the person who would just sit still and be a good girl, but Nick had that voice that could tell her to do any fucking thing and she would oblige. Including to sitting still and be a good girl.

Sometimes their eyes would meet out of purpose and every time they did, Nick was always the one to look away, not wanting London’s green eyes absorb him further into fatal curiosity.

Every time Nick looked away, truthfully London felt a little stab in her heart. If it sucks when someone looks away when their eyes meet yours, try having someone you want the most to be the one that looks away. Now that is as disappointing as it gets.

London saw this coming, though, but she still couldn’t help the disappointment washing over her heart.

Image

It was on Wednesday night when London was walking home from her favorite bar. She had had a rough day at work; her client was one of those people who just couldn’t get satisfied and kept complaining how inadequate everything was. London was feeling a little bit lightheaded from all the Mojito she downed and she could have taken a cab, but it was a busy night in New York and it seemed like all cabs were taken.

She really wanted to get home quick, so she decided to take a shortcut that consisted of dark alleys which wasn’t a very clever decision.

Two men approached and cornered her to one of the brick walls. London couldn’t recall how they looked like, but one thing for sure was that she knew what was coming and she would not like it.

“Leave me alone, guys,” she said, her vision was blurring. She would like to kick one of them in the balls, but her vision was showing four men instead of two, when there really were only two.

“Come on, sweetie, we’re gonna have a good time,” one of them in leather jacket smirked, grabbing her wrist.

“I said let me go!” she screamed and kicked him in the nuts. He let go of her wrist and held his vital part in agony, and before his friend could get a hold of her, she ran away.

“Come on, you fool!” the one with his eyebrow pierced shouted and ran after her.

Image

Nick was just going out of a music store when someone ran into him, knocking his CDs to the ground. He was about to tell the person to watch where they were going, but stopped when he saw the familiar face.

“London?” Something was different about London tonight. Her hair was messy, she was taking short breaths and her eyes were showing that she was panicking. “What’s going on?”

“There she is!”

The two of them turned to look at the source of the voice. The two men at the alley were running towards them and London took place behind Nick, using him as a shield. He may be thin, but who knew the bad guys could feel intimidated by his height.

He looked down at her in confusion.

“They stopped me in an alley and one of them grabbed my wrist and I kicked his balls and now they’re running after me,” she explained fast. Nick didn’t really catch it because of the short breaths she was taking and she was slurring a little but he knew the men were up to no good.

“Excuse us, but we have an unfinished business with the lady behind you,” the one with the pierced brow said.

“I don’t think she even knows you,” Nick replied, looking down at him. They were barely an inch taller than Fabrizio. In fact, they were shorter. “And by the looks of it, I don’t think she wants to talk to you, either. Leave her alone, yeah?”

The one in the leather jacket balled his hand into a fist and Nick saw that. “If I was you, I wouldn’t do that,” he said, “The police station is right across the street.” The two men glanced across the street, and sure enough, there was a police station.

“Come on,” the pierced brow said to his friend before they walked off, finally letting London go.

London exhaled in relief.

“Are you okay?” Nick asked.

“Yeah, thanks.” She noticed the CDs on the ground. “Oh, your CDs,” she said, bending down and taking them. “Here,” she handed him the CDs. “I’m really sorry. I hope they’re not broken.”

“It’s alright,” he said. He noticed she was slurring her words and the faint smell of alcohol was coming from her mouth. “Have you been drinking? London, you don’t drink and walk alone at night, especially since you’re a female.”

“I’m not drunk.”

“You’re slurring.”

“Okay, maybe a little.”

He sighed. “Come on, let’s get you home.”

London’s lightheadedness was starting to fade, but she still wasn’t feeling completely sober. By the time they reached her apartment, Nick started lecturing her about not having a penis and drinking then walking alone at night.

“You were lucky you ran into me, what if you didn’t? Things could get so much worse than tha—“ London placed her fingers on his lips, cutting him off.

“I’m getting a headache,” she reasoned, going to the kitchen to grab a glass of water and he followed.

“Well of course, you’d been drinking—“

“No, I’m getting a headache from your lecture.”

He stopped. “Oh.”

“Thank you for the attention, though,” she smiled. “I just had a rough day; my client was a bitch so I went out drinking.” She leaned against the kitchen island and stared at him. The dim light from the living room found its way to her face, adding even more beauty to it. He couldn’t look away, not this time.
♠ ♠ ♠
did they or did they not kiss? mystery2k11~