Status: Completed :) There's a sequel! :D

Admiring From Afar

The Little Mermaid

Rain was falling down as Cassandra was driving home from her long day of school. Being a senior high school did have its perks but had quite a few downfalls too. She had applications to fill out for the colleges she wanted to apply to and she had to babysit her little sister while her father was a workaholic and her mother a stripper at the local club.

Her father, Viktor, was hardly at home since he was a CEO of huge company called Horizon Above. They sold almost anything a person needed. It was like a Wal-Mart only more expensive and better quality.

Her mother, Felicia, was a stripper at the local club, Midnight. She was good at what she did and usually didn’t come home at night. However, her husband didn’t know that she entertained other men that way. He thought she worked at the club as a bartender and nothing else. You see, Viktor was very much in love with his wife and always brought her extravagant pieces of jewelry from all of his business trips. Too bad she no longer felt the same. She currently had a boyfriend, Harold, who was the bartender at Midnight. Cassandra knew about her mother’s affair but never had the guts to tell her dad because she knew that he would just call her a liar and stay oblivious. But deep down he would know she was correct, he just didn’t want to admit that his wife of 20 years was cheating on him.

It was a Monday morning and Cassandra was on her way to pick up Kelsey at Day Care. It was the only place she could go while Cassie was at school. In her car was her boyfriend of 2 years, Jack. Kelsey loved him because he acted like a child too so they played Barbies together and watched Disney movies together too. Cassie loved how her boyfriend interacted with her little sister.

They arrived at Dona’s Day Care and went to pick up Kelsey without getting too wet. Kelsey was talking her Joshua, her ‘crush’. He was an adorable little kid who was her best friend, Jennifer’s, little brother. They were talking to each other and Kelsey was blushing so something must’ve happened. She would find out later since her sister wasn’t the best person to tell a secret to.

“Kelsey! Time to go home you can talk to Joshua later ok?” Cassandra told her younger sister.

“But Cass! Can’t we talk for just one more minute?” her little sister begged.

“Sorry not today but I’ll tell you what maybe Josh can come over to our house tomorrow for a playdate?” Cassandra asked. She knew for a fact that Jenn would be delighted to have her younger brother off her shoulders for a day. That would let her enjoy some time with her boyfriend, Alex.

Alex and Jack were best friends and recently started a band. They still needed a name for it but for now they didn’t have one in mind. They were in it with their friend Rian but needed a bass player. They were just doing it as a hobby not really thinking it was their career, but hoped that they could get a record to sign them. They already had a few songs but were in desperate need of a bass player. They started to audition people to be a part of their band but so far no luck.

“YES!” her sister shrieked, “I’ll see you tomorrow Josh!” She ran over to her sister’s car and hugged her legs. “Thank you,” she said as she hugged them. She looked up and saw her sister smiling at her.

“Jack! When we get home will you watch The Little Mermaid with me?” Kelsey asked with her bottom lip jutting out. Jack then started to belt out the song 'Under the Sea'. Kelsey started to giggle and sing along with Jack.

"The seaweed is always greener in somebody else's lake. You dream about going up there and that is a big mistake," they sang.

Cassandra couldn't help but giggle and start singing along with them. That's what she loved about Jack. He wasn't afraid to make a fool out of himself as long as it meant having fun. The three kids sang as the rain poured down on them as they walked to Cassandra's Honda Civic but little did they know that someone was admiring them from afar.
♠ ♠ ♠
first chapter out!
not so interesting... sorry....
it'll get more interesting I promise :] *crosses heart*

please comment and subscribe! :D