Status: Completed :) There's a sequel! :D

Admiring From Afar

Senior Year

It was now the first day of their last year of high school. Senior year was something that everyone looked forward to in their lifetime. You could get away with anything in the school and in a few months you’d go off to college and experience what the real world is like.

Cassandra couldn’t wait to receive letters from the colleges that she’d applied to earlier that year. She would be waiting for a letter from NYU, UCLA, University of Pennsylvania, and Berkley. Cassandra wanted to become a pediatrician when she grew up. She really liked to help little kids and make them feel better when they were sick. So, she had to apply to a few schools that had a very good pre-med program.

Cassandra woke up and quickly got out of bed when she remembered that it was the first day of school. She jumped out of bed and quickly put on the clothes that she picked out the night before. She picked up the new bag that she bought for off of the ground and put it on her shoulder. As she made her way downstairs she was greeted by her sister, Kelsey.

“Cassie! You look very pretty,” Kelsey told her older sister.

“Why thank you. You look beautiful yourself darling,” she replied with a smile.

“Thanks! It’s my first day of kindergarten!” Kelsey said with a huge grin showing off her missing teeth.

“Yeah! Let’s go downstairs so that we’re not late okay?” Cassandra said to Kelsey.

“Okay, I want a poptart!” she said while running into the kitchen. She got the poptart box out of the cabinet and opened a package. “Do you want one sissy?” she asked.

“I’d love one,” Cassandra said. “Do you want me to make it or are you a big girl and can make it yourself?”

“Can you make it?” Kelsey asked her big sister while looking up at her sister with her big blues eyes shining.

“Of course Kels, just go get your backpack and I’ll put them in the toaster,” Cassandra told her little sis.

Kelsey ran up the stairs and arrived back in the kitchen a few moments later. Right after Kelsey ran into the kitchen the poptarts popped up in the toaster signaling that they were ready. Cassandra carefully took them out of the toaster and placed one on each plate. She put one plate in front of her sister and placed the other one right next to it. She sat down and both girls enjoyed their strawberry poptarts.

“This is yummy in my tummy,” Kelsey said while giggling.

“I know right?” Cassandra agreed with her sister.

After they finished their breakfast Kelsey and Cass both put their used plates in the sink and hurried to the bathroom to brush their teeth. Then, they hurried to Cass’s car and headed off to school. Once the arrived at the elementary school Cassandra parked the car and walked up to Kelsey’s new teacher and introduced the both of them.

“Hello, I’m Cassandra Knowles and this is my little sister Kelsey. She’ll be one of your students this year,” Cassandra told the woman.

“Oh, this is going to be a wonderful year Kelsey. I’m Miss Johnson and I’m going to be your teacher,” Miss Johnson said while crouching down and introducing herself to Kelsey.

She seems like a nice teacher Cassandra thought to herself.

“Well, Kels, I gotta go. I’ll pick you up though okay?” Cassandra told her little sister. Kelsey just nodded and Cassandra ran back to her car so she wouldn’t miss the beginning of homeroom.

She quickly drove to her school and made it there in record time. She quickly found a parking spot and made her way to her homeroom class. She made it just in time. The teacher was handing out their schedules.

“Cassandra Knowles,” the teacher read while holding a piece of paper in his hand. Cassandra walked up to the teacher and took the paper while saying ‘thank you’ the teacher just grunted in response.

Period 1: English- Mastropollo- F231
Period 2: AP Biology- Dean- F234
Period 3: Gym- Richards- A127
Lunch
Period 5: Trigonometry- Wells- B295
Period 6: AP World History- Quincey- A120
Period 7: Art- Cole- B139


Cassandra was content with her schedule. She just hoped that she had a few classes with her friends. She went to her seat and remembered that Kara and Ana were in her homeroom.

“Hey Kara, hey Ana,” Cassandra said while sitting next to the two girls.

“Hey,” they both replied with a smile.

“Can I see your schedule?” Ana asked Cass.

“Sure,” Cassandra handed Ana her schedule and Ana smiled.

“We have English, Gym, Trig and Art together,” she said with a big smile.

“Awesome!” Cassandra said with a smile that showed her teeth.

“And we only have AP Bio together,” Kara said with a disappointed look on her face.

“Aww, well we’ll see each other during lunch,” Cassandra told her friend.

“That’s true,” Kara replied while checking her phone. She seemed to be reading a text message and blushed which meant it was from Rian.

“What did Rian say?” Ana asked while looking over at Kara with a smirk.

“Just that he missed me and that Alex and Jack are annoying him and that he can’t wait until he sees me during lunch,” Kara said with a small smile.

“That’s sooo cute!” Cassandra gushed.

“Children! Quiet down! I’m Mr. Henderson,” the teacher said in a booming voice. “Now, we’re going to go to our first period class so gather your books and get going.”

Everybody gathered their books and Ana and Cassandra said bye to Kara as they parted at the door.

“Let’s go,” Ana and Cassandra made it to rom F231. They walked in and saw that they also shared this class with Alex and Rian. The greeted the boys and talked for a few minutes before Mr. Mastropollo cleared his throat.

“Kids, find a seat, since it’s the first day I don’t give a damn where you sit, but this is only for today you hear me?” he asked the class with a stern voice.

{&&admiring&&}

It was now lunch and so far Rian, Alex and Ana were in her English class, and Jordan Marie and Kara were in her AP Bio class and Ana was in her Gym class. Cassandra hoped that she had friends in her other classes as well.

“Hey, Cass can I see your schedule?” Alex asked. Cassandra handed him her schedule.

“We have English and Art together.” Jack looked over his shoulder and pouted.

“We don’t have any classes together Cassie Bear!” Jack complained. Rian took the paper from Alex and quickly looked over it.

“We have Trig together,” he said while handing her the piece of paper.

“So I’m alone for History? That sucks,” Cassandra said with a frown.

“It’s okay, it’s only one class, I’m sure you’ll do fine,” Jordan Marie assured her.

“Thanks,” Cassandra replied.

The bell then rang which signaled that lunch was over and it was time for Trig.

{&&admiring&&}

Cassandra walked out of the school and to her car but was stopped by someone.

“Hey, sorry, but I have a question,” the person said.

“Sorry, but you are?” Cassandra asked the person.

“Oh, I’m Jason. I’m in your History class,” Jason told her nervously.

“Oh, right. You sit behind me,” Cassandra said remembering him.

“Yeah, I was wondering if you knew where the closest music store is around here. I’m new and I haven’t had a chance to explore yet but I’m in a desperate need to a few guitar strings,” he told her.

“Oh, there’s one not too far from here. Just keep going down Thames Street and turn right when you see Oak Drive. You’ll see a music store to your left,” Cassandra explained.

“Thank you so much. I’ll see you tomorrow,” he told her while walking to his car.

“Bye,” she said to him as he walked away.

Cassandra then got into her car and made her way to Kelsey’s school to pick her up.
♠ ♠ ♠
I personally can’t wait until senior year. :P what about you guys?

Oh, and this is Jason (minus the little bit of fuzz on the chin)

Cassandra’s outfit

and Kelsey’s outfit :D

Soo…please comment and subscribe!!! <3<3