Status: Completed :) There's a sequel! :D

Admiring From Afar

I Wish It Was Me

Cassandra’s POV

They were startled when they heard someone loudly clear their throat. Cassandra and Alex quickly pulled away from each other and moved to opposite sides of the couch. They looked up to see who had caught them.

“What the fuck was that?!” Rian exclaimed, “I went upstairs for 5 minutes and I see you guys eating each other’s faces!”

“Rian! It wasn’t what it looked like,” Alex said to his friend.

“Oh, so you guys weren’t lip locking with each other, huh? Alex! You and Jenn just broke up! Don’t use Cass as rebound and Cass, you and Jack just broke up as well! And he’s just upstairs! What if it was him who came down instead of me?! You would break his heart even more!” Rian yelled at them.

“I wasn’t using Cassandra as rebound,” Alex whispered quietly.

“And I would never want to break Jack’s heart,” Cassandra said as her eyes welled up with tears.

“Well, doesn’t seem that way does it?” Rian said with a frown.

“You won’t tell Jack right?” Cassandra whispered.

“No, I’m going to let you deal with this. If you don’t tell him now, it’ll just hurt more in the future if you guys get back together. I’m not the one who kissed my ex-boyfriend’s best friend,” Rian said.

“Thank you so much Rian,” Alex said.

“Whatever. I’m going to go visit Kara. Bye,” Rian said. He walked to the door and left. Once alex heard Rian’s car start, he started talking again.

“So, the kiss was wow,” Alex said with a small smile.

“I guess it was, but it’s never going happen ever again. Got it?” Cassandra said while looking down at her feet.

“But, I thought you enjoyed it?” Alex whispered.

“That may be true but I can’t do that to Jack. You’re his best friend!” Cassandra said while looking at Alex.

“So? You guys broke up! You’re fair game,” Alex said with a frown.

“Alex, you and Jenn just broke up. You’re not ready to date anyone else,” Cassandra said.

“What if I tell I liked you all along?” Alex said while looking down at her.

“What? No way,” Cassandra said while shaking her head.

“Well believe it, honey,” Alex said with a smile.

“That can’t be possible! I was with Jack and you were with Jenn,” Cassandra said.

“I know that. But while you were kissing Jack and cuddling with him I wished it was me,” Alex told her quietly.

“No way. I don’t believe you!” Cassandra said while rapidly shaking her head.

“Don’t believe what?” someone asked. Cassandra and Alex looked over to who had heard them. They saw a tired looking Jack who had tear stains on his cheeks. “Don’t believe what?” he repeated.

“That Alex can juggle,” Cassandra said quickly.

“Oh, yeah dude I don’t believe you either,” Jack said with a small smile.

“Well, I can,” Alex said while trying to catch Cassandra’s eye but she was looking down at her feet.

“Whatever you say. Hey, Cass, can I talk to you?” Jack asked while looking at her.

Cassandra looked up, “sure,” she said. They walked out of the room. “Where do you want to go?” Cassandra asked.

“We can go to the living room,” Jack suggested quietly. They went to the living room and sat down on the couch.

“What do you want to talk about?” Cassandra asked.

“I just wanted to tell you that I’m sorry. I’m sorry that I freaked out and that I yelled at you. Will you please forgive me?” Jack asked with tears in his eyes. He looked so hopeless and vulnerable.

“Of course Jack,” Cassandra replied with a smile.

“Good,” Jack said with a big grin on his face. He leaned over and hugged her tightly. “Oh, and one more thing, will you take me back?” he asked while looking at her.

Cassandra was very confused now. Should she get back together with Jack or should she say no and give Alex a chance? She didn’t know what to do. Alex did just break up with his girlfriend, so he may just want some love and comfort. She and Jack had a lot of history together and knew each other like the back of their hands. She wasn’t sure that what Alex had said were true words or just desperate words. She knew that Jack would always love her and protect her, while Alex might just go back to his one night stands and man whore ways.

Jack’s POV

Why was she taking so long? I thought that she would say yes with no hesitation! Are her feelings changing for me? Does she not love me anymore? He was really starting to get nervous.

“Jack, you know I’ll always love you. Of course I’ll take you back,” Cass said with a smile. Jack couldn’t believe his ears.

“Really?! YES!” Jack exclaimed. He hugged her tightly and placed little kisses all over her head. He was so happy that they were back together. He wanted to cherish this moment forever. Jack knew he wasn’t usually this lovey-dovey type but was so in love with Cassandra it was insane.

“Hey guys, what’s going on?” Jack heard someone say. He stopped kissing and hugging Cassandra and looked up. He saw Alex standing there awkwardly with a confused facial expression.

“We just got back together,” Jack said with a huge grin on his face. He couldn’t stop looking at Cassandra. She was so beautiful.

“Oh, well, that’s good,” Alex said. Jack thought he heard disappointment in his voice but he was too happy to care. He got her back!

“Alex, can I talk to for a minute?” Cassandra asked. She moved out of Jack’s embrace. This caused Jack to frown. Why would she want to talk to him when they just got back together?
“Fine,” Alex mumbled. Was Jack missing something here? He made a mental note to ask Cass about this later.

“Jack, I’ll be right back,” Cassandra informed him.

“I’ll be waiting for you, princess,” Jack replied.

Alex’s POV

What the fuck?! They got back together? Even after I confessed my feelings to her right before? Am I that unappealing that she would run right back into Jack’s arms? Whatever. They won’t be happy for long, he thought. Alex made a promise to himself that he would do everything that he could to make them break up. He wouldn’t be able to deal with Cass being with someone other than himself.
♠ ♠ ♠
i hope you enjoyed it! :D

please comment and subscribe! <3<3