Status: Active(:

Your Guardian Angel

Desiria.

"You look beautiful." Bryan assured me, flicking my chin.

I shot him an emotionless stare and explained flatly; "I'm meant to look intimidating, not beautiful. I'm a murderer."

"If you weren't a girl, I would hit you."He sighed and put his arm around me, kissing the top of my head and leading me to Rob's car where Max, Ronnie and Robert were, messing around. They fell silent when they saw me.

"Dessie. Hey babe." Max said softly, pulling me onto his lap and stroking my hair as I listened to his heartbeat. "What's up with the Marilyn Manson make up? I'm not complaining though."

"People always classify him as a murderer for God knows what reason, so I figured I'd copy the look, seeing as I am a murderer."

"Desiria." Ronnie snapped, grabbing my face from Max's chest and staring deep into my eyes with a fiery yet gentle tone.

"I'm sorry." I sighed, looking away from his astounding, earnest chocolate brown eyes because I knew that him and Max could see through the wall I kept up. They were the best friends I've ever had.

"You ready?" Rob asked as he parked the car in front of the crumbling church that looked like an ice-cream cone that had been dropped. I grimanced along with Bryan and we stalked into the church. My black and red striped tights had holes in them. I had on a black dress that reached around mid-thigh and battered red converse that I've had since I was eight. Yes, I have tiny feet. Everything was finished off with a tattered gray hoodie with ripped sleeves and obviously Msrilyn Manson make-up.I felt out of place because everyone was in their poshest clothes while I was in my "best" clothes, which were hand-me-downs. My band tops and skinnies were either presents from my cousin Craig or stuff Bryan didn't fit into anymore. My own money went for the bills, food and essentials. My mom only earned enough to pay for the house, so I had to pay the electricity, water, gas and whatnot. My 'dad' wasted his money on the drugs and alcohol. Poeple always told me how my life is so 'perfect'. Shame they hadn't seen all the bruises.

Only Ronnie and Bryan knew fully what was going on and Max seemed to have figured it out.

People stared at me with judgemental eyes and scoffed at my clothes. Ronnie shot them warning glares. But you could see the hint of hurt in his eyes. He wasn't the richest either; he worked his ass off to help his dad out. I guess that's why we were so close; because we pretty much both were poor and had to grow up too fast.

I stood wrapped in Max's arms throughout the whole service, not even bothering to listen to 'the Word of God'. I stopped believing in God after my sister died.

My mother droned on about what a brilliant husband and father he was and how its a shame he's dead. Ha. Brilliant, my ass. I love how she still kept the pretence up, even though people have noticed that I've become less jumpy and frightened now that he was dead and gone.

To be completely honest, I have no sympathy for the dead. Some of them dug their own grave, some just are needed elsewhere. When my sister died, I was devasted, but as I grew up, I held no sympathy for her. It still hurt, but she's gone and there's no point in sitting around mourning her, thinking that something will happen. Another reason Ronnie and I were so close.

The only reason I was all upset was because I could now be considered a murderer. Everyone thought he just got drunk and fell down the stairs just like that. Apart from the guys, obviously. As soon as the mass was over, we stalked out.

"Dessie, hey." A soft voice said. I looked up and grinned at my older cousin Craig.

"Mabbitt." I replied, wrapping my arms around his skinny figure.

"You alright?"

"Yup, just kinda confuckled."

"Understandable." He chuckled then looked at Max, who's arms were wrapped around my waist from the back "Who's this?"

"Oh this is my boyfriend Max." I grinned, while Max stuck his hand out.

Craig eyed Max then he opened his mouth to say something.

"Hi, I'm Craig, Dessie's older cousin. She's like my little sister so if you hurt her I will KILL you. You are now allowed to grope, touch or fuck her. Lovebites are not permitted either. If I find out yourdick-"

"Craig, please not the birds and bees talk!" I cried in embarrassment.

"Desiria, I need to warn the li-"

"Dude, I already gave him that lecture." Ronnie said with a smirk. He looked so intimaidating next to Craig. Ronnie stood 6"1, skinny but strong while Craig stood 5"7, skinny but not as strong as Ronnie.

"Umm okay." Craig grinned sheepishly.

"Ronnie." Ronnie smirked, giving Craig a man hug.

"Guys, lets all head over to mine, the adults are holding a wine party thing, so my mom won't be in. We can have a movie night." I grinned "And Ronnie, we can finish off writing There's No Sympathy For The Dead. I got the perfect bridge."

"Okay, lets go." Ronnie smiled, picking me up and throwing me over his shoulder, running to Rob's car while laugh9ing evilly.

"Kay. Des, my mom spoke to your mom. She's going on a business trip, so I'll be staying with you for two weeks." Craig told me, grinning like a madman.

"OHMYGOD, YAAAY!" I squealed as Ronnie dropped my on Max's lap, who had run ahead of us and jumped into the car.

So, this is what its like to be surrounded by people who actually give a damn about you.

The drive to mine was just like any other drive, which involves screaming the Lion King song and waving at random people.

I showed Ronnie the lyrics I had written.

"So take the medicines to quench the pain we have
And walk until the end, until you've reached the sand
A hundred thousand wings, soaring through the sky
At intense speeds, we can't catch with our eyes
You hear the sounds of a third carried out
Just wait
You hesitate."
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment, subscribe. <3