Status: Hiatus.

Poison, Pills and Hopeless Hearts

1

Warm, tingly chills shot down my spine as I opened my car door and stepped onto the tan concrete.

I felt nervous. Like I was going on a first date or arriving at a high school dance. Instead, I was arriving at a seemingly normal looking house. It was big, 2 stories and large garage. I knew this house so well even though it had been over a year since I'd last walked through those doors.

Taking a deep breath, I closed the car door and slowly started to walk towards the house. By the time I reached the front door, my arms were shaking. I rang the doorbell, watching as my arm shook more violently each passing second.

Inside, I could hear footsteps approaching and my shaking stopped as soon as the door opened smoothly.

A tall man appeared, in his early 50's. He wore brown dress shoes, tan pants, and a nice blue shirt. Such a familiar, and welcoming, face.

"It's been so long," he said, reaching out to open the storm door for me. "Come in."

I stepped into the room and was overwhelmed with so much emotion.

"Who's he..." another man started to speak as he walked into the front room. Dropping his books, he locked eyes with me. I half-ran towards him anf flung my arms around him. Tears streamed down my face as so many memories I had worked so hard to repress came back to me.