Love Bite

Love Bite

Our feet made a loud echoing noise against the cold hard ground as we ran away from the past, and towards the future.

I thought back on the many nights I had spent outside her window, trying my hardest to convince her to come away with me. She finally agreed, but told me about the consequences. That eventually her master would hunt me down and have his revenge. Even though I could not tell her, I knew we had nothing to worry about. I had already taken care of him.

So now we ran. Ran for a freedom I knew we already had. An eternity together.

“Do it now,” she whispered as we slowed to a walking pace, now that I was sure we weren’t being followed.

“Patience, my love,” I told her as I gently ran my finger down her cheek. She shivered from the cold night air – or was it my touch?

I wanted to have her there, but I contained myself, knowing that in a few hours this would all be over and forgotten.

A siren sounded, breaking our intimate moment.

“They know,” she whispered so quietly that she made barely any noise. A single tear ran down her cheek, streaking her perfect face with a line of black. I knew she thought we might be pulled apart by the evil forces. I knew what I had to do.

My fingers caressed her soft, delicate skin and made their way to that back of her head, where I rested them in her hair. I pulled her towards me and into a passionate kiss. Her heartbeat sped up as she responded to the passion.

I tilted her head to the side, exposing her pale neck that I kissed so softly. She stopped breathing, and I knew this was it.

The only way for us to be together, was for her to join me. I couldn’t afford to loose her, not when I had only just realised my love for her.

“I love you,” I said as I pulled my lips back, exposing me for what I really was.
The sirens got louder, footsteps were moving hurriedly towards us.

“Now,” she said, reminding me of my purpose. I bit down hard, her warm flesh in my mouth, as blood trickled down my throat. I withdrew my fangs, but regretted it immediately. She tasted so good, so warm and pure. But I could resist the temptation, as I said, I took care of her master earlier.

A flashlight shone down the alley, lighting me with her limp body in my arms. No longer warm, but stone cold.

“Over here!” A voice shouted, and more hurried footsteps headed our way.

“He has her. And she’s… dead,” someone said.

But she wasn’t dead! Not yet. Only another minute and she would be complete, and we’d finally be together.

I heard the gunshot, and felt not impact. Even though they could not kill me, I still thought I would feel the force from the fire. But then I looked down at her, a new wound on her chest and her eyes wide open. Her last words were,
“I love you.”

They killed her. My sweet, dearest love. She was gone. Now we’d never be together. The greedy selfish men advanced on me. I normally would’ve run away, but tonight was different, tonight I stayed put.

He came right up to my face, the one that killed her, and said,
“You sick creature.” Then he shot me. This time I felt the impact, but I smiled at him as his smirk turned to fear.

“You cannot kill what is already dead,” I said before my bloodthirsty anger took control of me.