Status: Working on it.

Happy 125th Hunger Games!

Prologue

As the screen flickered on, I saw the ghostly pale face of President Snow on the screen. He was fighting valiantly against the inevitable sands of time, and you could see it in his surgically altered eyes, along with any other part of his body you can alter in an attempt to turn back the clock. He must have been close to 100, it was amazing what the Capitol stylists could do with their wide array of creams and medicines at their disposal, not to mention the magic of plastic surgery. Apparently if you had the proper resources, which Snow did, you could even find ways to make your life longer. He stared into the camera with an eerie smile on his face and began, “ Hello, citizens of the Capitol, Districts.” He nodded as if he could see each individual district. “ This year we will be hosting the 125th Hunger Games! And you know what that means. This is a heavily anticipated Quarter Quell!” His lips curled up into a grin, exposing his overly white teeth. “As you all know, for each Quarter Quell, there is a special challenge or twist that the Game Maker has given us.” He reached into a box and pulled out a small yellow envelope. He opened it with the kind of slowness everyone expects, to draw out the tension. He loves a good show, the suspense, nail- biting, on the edge of your seat suspense that he offers to the world every year. He removes the card with a flourish, always the showman nowadays. He cleared his throat and painstakingly read out “This year, two tributes will be allowed to live.” He placed the envelope back into the box looking a bit disappointed, and in the next instant all emotion is gone from his face, and his composure is back full force. “Happy Hunger Games, and may the odds be ever in your favor.” He smiled one last time and the screen went black.
♠ ♠ ♠
Not the most original Quarter Quell thing, but we will see what happens. Keep reading, and thank you!♥