Status: Working on it.

Happy 125th Hunger Games!

District Five Reaping: Axel Cagney

I couldn’t even believe my ears when they called the name for the boys. Axel Cagney. The name rung through the square with a deafening quality. Literally. Our District escort Jayla Evans had a voice so high pitched I was surprised my eardrums didn’t burst when she giggled. She had baby blue hair that looked like a pile of… something from the Capitol... cotton candy? I think that’s it. Her eyes were wide and she had thin lips. She wasn’t the weirdest escort we had ever had but her voice was definitely the worst.

I snapped back to reality and looked over at my best friend Garrett who nudged me forward with a melancholy look on his face. He patted me on the back and I dragged my feet towards the stage. Why did it have to be me? I was a good child; I always did what my parents told me too. I did fairly well in school; I was nice to my sisters. And now I’m going to die.

As I approached the stage my thoughts kept wandering to my life, like it was flashing before my eyes. My twin sisters Delia and Danielle would always pick on me teasingly. Just this morning they pulled a prank on me. My parents were still together, our family, our life was pretty normal. The only thing that was really different about it would be that I had a very good aim with a bow and arrow, something that I never even knew until my old best friend Lilac introduced me to it. Then she got reaped last year and lost. She was the only thing out of the ordinary in my life. Ever. Wow, I’m pathetic.

I was determined to keep my face void of all emotion so that’s what I focused on when I got to the stage. Jayla gave me a comforting smile and gestured towards a chair where I sat down. I propped my face up on my hand and waited. Waiting for death.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry so short. Next one will be about the same length. Enjoy. Keep reading! COMMENT AND SUBSCRIBE! <33