Status: slowly but surely :-)

Never Thought It'd Happen

chapter one

Melissa cuddled into Darry's side, the warmth of both his body and the blanket covering them, keeping her small body warm. It was moments like these that she wished could last forever. The simplicity of them made life seem so peaceful, like there was no tension between The Socs and The Greasers, and that her father wasn't dying from a terminal illness.

"Lissa, you turn eighteen next week, you gonna' have a party?" Darry asked, his arm wrapped firmly around her tiny waist.

She thought about his question for a couple minutes, letting silence fill the air. Of course, she had always wanted to have a big eighteenth birthday bash (what girl didn't?), but with every pay check her family got going to her ill fathers medical bills, Melissa barely had enough money to buy groceries - let alone throw a party.

"I don't think I can afford one," She mumbled, embarrassed.

Darry's lips curved downward to form a frown and he kissed her forehead. Carefully, he pulled Lissa onto his lap. She leaned against his chest and stared up at the stars filling the sky. Each one twinkled brightly, flickering along with each breath the pale girl took.

"Darlin' you'll get a party, you'll get anything you'll ever want," Darry whispered before kissing her lips softly.

Melissa kissed him back, her hands finding their way to the small hairs on the back of his neck. She ran her fingers over them lightly giggling at the goosebumps that formed along his neck. Darry pulled away from her lips, laughing slightly at her giggle. He glanced down at his watch - 11:00 P.M. Shifting around the bed of his truck, Darry laid out a blanket and gently placed Melissa on top of the blanket. She looked up at him, her big green doe eyes never leaving his.

"I love you."

Darry smiled brightly at Melissa, and he kissed her neck, nipping at the skin lightly. "I love you too, Lissa," he mumbled, holding her close.

She giggled at his nipping, and shifted underneath him, allowing his hands to pull her shirt off. Once the shirt was resting next to them, Darry pulled his own shirt off, revealing his strong, sculpted chest and abs. Melissa ran her hands agonizingly slow down his torso, letting her nails trail over the skin above his waist band. He grew wild at this, his fingers quickly fumbling with the button on her dark, denim jeans.

"Oh fuck," Darry grumbled, quickly pulling down his girlfriends jeans.

Lissa's chest rose violently as Darry kicked off his jeans, his hands roaming her thin body freely. She didn't have outstanding hips, or legs that when on for days in an attractive way, and her boobs weren't as big as the other girls in her graduating class, but Darry could never keep his hands off of her - And it showed in the moment. He pulled down her underwear (and his), before returning his lips back to hers in a slow rhythmic motion.

That was the last night they ever made love to each other.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well, this is the first chapter! It's pretty cheesy :-( This is chapter actually takes place when Darry is 18, of course, before his parent's death. I've done a bit of foreshadowing here ;-) Comment? I need some ideas on where this story should go (and some constructive criticism!).