Status: Living happily ever after...well as happy as you can get with werewolves and vampires.

Oh Yeah...It's Hot

01. Free at last

I cannot explain in words how much I HATE my dad’s girlfriend. It takes a lot to make me hate someone because I always try to find the good in people but this woman…I couldn’t stand her. After my mom left my dad and me ten years ago, he met a girl named Tasha and they got married after dating for a year. Tasha has a daughter named Natalie and we were pretty closed for step-sisters. But the marriage didn’t last long so they divorced after seven months. Tasha and Natalie moved to Beverly Hills. Ever since then he has really lowered his standards. She is the high maintenance, shopping spree every week, maxing out credit card type of girl. My dad thinks that since my mom left he can start over, HA! Don’t get me wrong, I do want him to be happy again but just not with her. All she has to do is bat her chemically lengthened eye lashes and she gets what she wants. My dad is so far in debt that the creditors are coming to our door. If I could say ONE good thing about Kari is that she buys me some cute stuff. *Sigh* Her presence even annoys me, but thankfully I only have a week till dad and I ditch her at her parent’s house in Provo, Utah and take a road trip to La Push like every year. We haven’t been in a couple years because Kari has made some excuse that she needed dad’s help when really she didn’t. I missed walking the beaches, the hidden paths in the woods, and I even miss the guys playing’ pranks on me. When dad said that we were going this year I packed a week before we left. I was so excited about the trip. I really haven’t talked to any of the guys for a couple months. Jake said that Embry and Quil keep complaining that I haven’t been there. They say that the gang aint complete without me. I laughed every time I heard it. Every time Kari annoyed me I just said to myself, “Only a few more days and she is gone then I get to see the guys.” That always kept me calm. “DESTINY!” I heard my dad yell up the stairs from the living room. He and Kari have been arguing since eight-thirty this morning because she doesn’t want him to go. I got up from my bed that I had been laying on and made my way down to the living room.

“Yeah dad?” I asked reaching the bottom step. He turned away from Kari to look at me. He had the same expression on his face that he had all the other years we didn’t go. “Dad you promised.” I said sighing.

“Des, I know that you are looking forward to going back to La Push to see the guys but Kari needs my help.” He said looking at me.

“NO! You promised me we would go. We haven’t been back in YEARS!! Please dad, don’t cancel it again.” I begged. He sighed and looked at me then to Kari. My gaze followed and I saw her nod and smile. “What’s going on?” I asked confused.

“Des, how would you feel about living in La Push?” my dad asked. My jaw fell open in shock but then closed. I was waiting for the punch line of the joke.

“What?” I asked in shock.

“We know that you were looking forward to going this year and since I have to take care of my mom and I need your dad’s help we figured that you would like to go live with your Uncle Billy for the year.” Kari said. My hate toward her simmered down a little bit at that moment. I looked at her face then my dad’s for any sign of a lie. Nothing.

“OH MY GOSH!! ARE YOU SERIOUS??” I yelled smiling.

“Yea, Billy said that he will be at the airport to pick you up when your flight lands.” My dad smiled. I squealed and ran forward giving him a hug. After I hugged him, I stood in front of Kari and smiled. I never really showed affection to her except a high five here and there or a pat on the back but we never hugged.

“So…when am I leaving?” I asked stepping back.

“Your flight leaves tomorrow morning at seven forty-five.” Kari said.

“Well I better get packing.” I said. I gave my dad a hug again and said, “Thank you so much dad.”

“You’re welcome kiddo.” He said ruffling my hair. I darted up the stairs and into my room. When I was in I closed my door and turned my Ipod on then started to pack. We had boxes that we used to pack our stuff in when we moved here so I used them to pack my stuff. While I was packing my best friend Natalie called and I talked to her. I told her that I was moving to La Push tomorrow and she flipped. She is in New York right now seeing her grandma before school starts back up. She said that she wouldn’t be able to come see me till winter break or something. I promised to call her before I left so I could say bye, even though it’s not like we wouldn’t talk on the phone or anything. I stayed in my room and packed until it was time for dinner. I only packed a few things that I would like to take to La Push with me to put in my room to make it like me. Like some posters from my wall which consisted of Avenged Sevenfold, Three Days Grace, the Jonas Brothers, a happy bunny one that says ‘You smell like butt’. I packed a few other things too. After we ate dinner it was about eight so I decided to get a shower and go to bed since I had to get up early in the morning. I changed into my pajamas and climbed into bed and slept but dreamt about seeing the boys again, the earthy smell of the air, the sound of the ocean and the beach of course. I was free!