Status: Living happily ever after...well as happy as you can get with werewolves and vampires.

Oh Yeah...It's Hot

03. He hates me...or not

When I woke up the next morning my hand killed. I winced as I rolled over to get out of bed. I took one of the pain pills and waited for it to kick in. I stood in front of my window and stretched my muscles. While I was looking out I saw Paul walk out of the woods and toward the house. I smiled to myself and ran to the bathroom. I looked in the mirror and almost jumped back. My hair was going in every direction, I had morning breath, and my clothes were messed up. I quickly brushed my teeth and hair then ran back over to my room and looked through my clothes for something to wear.

After I finished getting dressed I walked out of my room and into the kitchen. I saw Paul sitting at the table eating breakfast with Jake and Billy. “Hey Destiny. How’s the hand?” Billy asked. I looked at my hand that was still wrapped in the ace bandage.

“Uh it’s ok.” I said sitting down next to Jake and Paul. I looked at Jake and he looked the other way. “Jake I’m sorry about last night. I couldn’t help myself. Please don’t be mad at me. If you want I will find some way to apologize to her and Edward.” I said touching his arm. He looked at me and smiled.

“It’s cool. You said what I had been thinking for three years.” I sighed in relief. Jake was like my best friend even though he was my cousin and I really couldn’t stand to have him mad at me. The only time we were really mad at each other we were five and we fought over a coloring book. The four of us sat at the table and talked for a little bit till we decided to walk over to Sam and Emily’s. On the way there I got behind Jake and ran then landed on his back for a piggy back ride.

“Hey Jake?” I said.

“Hey Destiny.” He replied.

“How is it that I am older than you but you’re bigger than me?” I asked looking at the side of his face.

“I’m not bigger than you; you’re just smaller than me. What are you now? Two feet?” he teased.

“Hey, I’m a good 5’8” which is perfectly normal for girls my age.” I said defending my height. Paul and Jake both laughed.

“Right, okay. What ever makes you feel better.” Jake teased. Paul busted out laughing and Jake joined in with him. I smack Paul in the back of the head with my good hand and did the same to Jake. When we finally got to Sam and Emily’s the rest of the gang was there already. We walked in and I was instantly swarmed with questions about my hand.

“It’s fine. I got stitches. It doesn’t hurt. I will survive.” I said walking into the living room. There was no where to sit. Paul, Jake and Jared were on the couch. Kim was on Jared’s lap. Seth and Embry on a small sofa. Sam was in the kitchen with Emily. Leah was in a chair and everyone else was on the floor. I stood in the door way feeling like a complete moron. “So…what are we doing today?” I asked curiously. Everyone looked at each other and shrugged.

“I don’t know. What do you wanna do?” Seth asked. I thought about it for a minute then smiled.

“Let’s go to the beach. I haven’t been to the beach in YEARS.” I said smiling. They all looked at each other again and shrugged.

“Ok. Let’s go get changed.” Jared said. I jumped up and down smiling.

“YES!” I yelled. I turned around and headed out the door before anyone could get up from their seats. I practically ran back to the house with Jake running close behind me.

“Des wait up. The beach isn’t going anywhere.” He yelled from behind.

“I know, I’m just so excited.” I said speeding up. When we reached the house I darted into my room and changed into my bathing suit.

I put my clothes over my bathing suit and grabbed a large towel from the closet in the bathroom. I wrapped my hand in plastic wrap and tape so my hand wouldn’t get wet or dirty while at the beach. When I walked out onto the front porch Paul was sitting on the front steps. “Oh, hey Paul. Ready to swim?” I asked sitting next to him. I felt his body heat radiating off of his body.

“Yea.” He said. He looked as if he had something on his mind that was bothering him.

“You okay?” I asked.

“Uh yeah. Just thinking.” He answered.

“About what?” I questioned.

“Nothing.” He sighed.

“You can talk to me. I’m a really good listener.” I said touching his arm. He jumped up and faced me.

“I don’t wanna talk to anyone. I just gotta think about this.” He snapped. I didn’t know what to do so I just looked at him in shock. My mouth had fallen open but snapped closed.

“Sorry I- I was just trying to be a good friend.” I said looking up at him. Something changed that made him mad between this morning and now. He seemed fine this morning at breakfast, he was laughing on the way to Sam and Emily’s but looked like he was still thinking about something. I didn’t know what was bothering him but he didn’t have to be rude to me. He looked down at me and our eyes connected. I felt as if I was looking into his soul and he was looking into mine. I have no idea why but every time I look at him or he looks at me I get…I get all giddy inside and I feel like I got butterflies flying around in my stomach.

~Paul’s P.O.V~

I wasn’t trying to be rude to her I just couldn’t think straight when she was around. The clothes that she had on right now, they were so tempting. Not to mention we were about to go to the beach which means she will be wearing a bikini. She was going to make this hard for me. Every time I looked at her I just wanted to take her into my arms and kiss her senseless but that would freak her out. She isn’t used to all of this werewolf craziness. She has only known me for a day and it might creep her out if I were to confess my love for her. It made me mad to think that I couldn’t tell her just yet. Maybe I should just wait to see how she reacts to when she finds out our secret and imprinting. “Hey man, ready to go?” I snapped out of my thoughts and looked away from Destiny to Jake who was standing behind her on the porch.

“Uh yeah. Let’s go.” I said turning and walking toward the beach. Jake and Destiny walked behind me a few feet. I heard Destiny ask him a question.

“What’s up with Paul?” she asked.

“What do you mean?”

“Before you came out I tried talking to him cause he seemed like something was bothering him but he got upset and…snapped.”

“I don’t know.” He lied. He knew damn well what was wrong.

“Hmm…I guess he hates me or something because he only gets upset when I am around.” I felt like an ass.

“Just give him time. He’s had a lot on his mind.” They paused for a minute. “Why are you so concerned about him?” Jake knew that I was listening into their conversation. She didn’t answer. “Do you…like him?”

“Uh…well…I don’t know. Kinda. I guess I do. Yeah. I know that I just met him but I get this weird feeling every time I see him. I know I sound like a complete girly girl but I can’t help it.” My heart smiled when I heard her. Jake snickered and I decided to stay out of their conversation for now. We got to the beach and saw everyone on the top of the cliff where we went cliff diving. We walked up to the top to meet up with them. Jake and Destiny were still walking when I reached the pack.

“The waters calm. Perfect for cliff diving.” Seth said.

“Who goes first?” Jared asked.

~Destiny’s P.O.V~

Jake and I reached a few feet behind the gang and I started to take off my clothes revealing my bathing suit. I put my hair up into a ponytail and sat my clothes on a rock along with my towel. “Who goes first?” I heard Jared ask. Nobody moved. I decided that if no one was going to go then I would. I walked back a few feet then ran forward. While I was running I proceeded to yell,

“WOOOOH HOOO!” As I reached the edge of the cliff everyone yelled my name and I launched my self off over the cliff and started to fall toward the water. I did a flip and stopped head first moving my arms in front of me to dive perfectly into the water. The ice cold water might I add. I swam back to the top of the water and looked up. “WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR!? THE WATERS FINE!” I yelled back up to everyone then started swimming toward shallower waters. They started to jump off one by one then join me near the beach. I got out of the water and walked back toward the cliff to grab my clothes and towel. When I got to my clothes I was shivering from the cold water so I hurriedly wrapped my towel around me and walked back to where the guys were. They were passing a football back and forth to each other. While Embry had the ball about to pass it to Quil I dropped my clothes and towel then ran and intercepted the ball in midair.

“Ooooh! Nice catch Destiny.” Paul said.

“What, wish you could catch like that?” I teased. The guys and Kim started laughing.

“Ha ha, she owned you.” Seth laughed shoving his shoulder. Paul shoved him back and looked at me with a playful glare.

“Someone’s upset. No need to get your panties in a knot.” Jared teased.

“I am not.” Paul said jokingly.

“It’s alright to admit that you’re jealous because I have great football skills. You know, I could teach you some of my tricks.” I laughed tossing the ball up in the air and catching it. He looked at me and playfully glared. I stuck my tongue out at him and he ran at me. I threw the ball to Jake and took off running down the beach. I could hear him close behind me running.

“Get back here you brat.” He yelled. I laughed but kept on running. I was running out of beach so I took a sharp left when I saw a trail. Paul followed close behind. I slammed my feet against the cold ground and pushed myself forward. I heard him laugh as I slightly tripped over a tree. I steadied my self and kept running down the path. Every now and then I would squeal as I jumped over a tree or barely missed a whole. For some reason I got the bright idea to look behind me at Paul, which was not the brightest idea I had ever had. My foot hit a tree and of course I fell forward onto the floor with a thud. Paul ran up behind me and stopped. I was laying on my stomach gasping for air and Paul was doing the same. I rolled over onto my back and saw that he was leaning over me. “You ok?” he asked holding back a laugh. I looked up at him for a minute and started laughing which made him laugh. After a few minutes of laughing I calmed down a little.

“Yeah, I’m ok. A little dirty but I’ll live.” I said laying my hands out to my sides. We stared at each other for a few minutes. “Help me up?” I asked reaching my hand up. He grabbed it and I pulled him down. He lay beside me and gasped.

“That’s not funny.” He said looking at me from my left side.

“You’re right, I’m sorry.” I said trying to hide my smile.

“It’s ok.” He replied.

“You’re right it wasn’t funny, it was hilarious.” I said laughing. He then proceeded to tickle me. Nobody knew I was ticklish so how he knew I have no idea. I squirmed and laughed uncontrollably. I tried to move away from his hands but he got on top of me and held me in place. He held my hands above my head with his left and tickled me with his right. “Mercy. MERCY!” I yelled.

“No mercy. Say ‘I’m a nerd and it wasn’t funny.’” He said.

“I-I a-am no-not a ner-nerd.” I said.

“Then I’m not going to stop.” He said continuing to tickle me.

“Ok. Ok. Ok. I’m a nerd and it wasn’t funny. Happy?” I said gasping. He stopped and put his hands on either side of my head.

“Not really.” He said looking down at me. I looked up at him and got lost in his eyes. It was like everything else that was around us disappeared. The butterflies came back to my stomach and I giggled.

“Then what will make you happy?” I giggled. He looked up into the trees and thought about it for a minute. He looked back down at me and poked my side making me buck underneath him. He smiled a smile that looked very sexy on him. He leaned in closer to my face and my heart started to race. Closer and closer; faster and faster my heart raced. When he was about five inches away he stopped.

“This is what would make me happy.” He said. Then he leaned down and placed his lips on mine. I wrapped my arms around his neck and pulled him closer to me. I felt his body heat radiating off of him and warming me instantly. It seemed like all the guys had extremely hot temperatures. While we kissed I thought about something, why is he kissing me if earlier he was mad at me for no reason? I really didn’t understand guys at all even though I’ve had several boyfriends and done it with them. I returned to reality and remembered that I was kissing Paul. I slide my tongue across his bottom lip and he opened his mouth allowing me in. What started as an innocent little kiss turned into a full blown make out session. I flipped him over so I was on top of him this time. I put my hands on his chest to hold myself up a little bit. His arms wrapped around my dirty back. I felt them slide up to my bathing suit top’s string. Just before it could go any further a twig snapped behind me. I broke the kiss and turned to see who it was.

“WOOHH HOO!!! GET IT PAUL!” Embry yelled. My face turned three shades of red as I stood up and brushed myself off. Paul stood up next to me and brushed his shorts off.

“Shut up man.” Paul retaliated.

“Now now. No need to be embarrassed. It’s perfectly normal to feel sexually attracted to your imprint.” Jared said. Everyone stopped laughing. I looked confused.

“What’s an imprint?” I asked. Everybody took turns hitting Jared in the back of the head. I heard Paul sigh beside me so I asked again. “What’s an imprint?”

“Nice going Jared. She wasn’t supposed to find out like this.” Jake said. He turned to look at me and sighed. “Do you remember the stories that Billy used to tell us when we were little? About the cold ones and wolf men?” he asked.

“Yea a little bit. I would always try to convince you, Quil and Embry to go look for the wolf men with me.” I said remembering.

“Yeah well uh…do you still think they exist?” he asked. Of course I did. If aliens, ghost, Nessie, Bigfoot and several other weird things could exists why couldn’t they?

“Of course I do. Anything is possible.” I answered. “Why?” Jake looked at Paul and my gaze followed him. Paul shook his head no.

“She’s gonna find out anyways.” Jake said.

“Not now she doesn’t have to.” Paul answered.

“Well she kinda does because of Jared.”

“Hello! Right here.” I said speaking up. Paul sighed in defeat.

“Fine. I’ll tell her.” Paul said.

“Tell me what?” I asked more confused then ever.

“Sam’s not going to like this but…we’re not normal. The guys and I.”

“I kinda already knew that.” I said. They looked at me confused. “You all are extremely hot-“

“You think we’re hot?” Embry asked smiling. Actually they all smiled except Jake who probably thought it was gross.

“Not like that. I mean, don’t get me wrong you all are pretty hot but I meant your body heat is like high. Higher than a normal person. You all are younger than I am and you look like you’re in your twenties. You growl like dogs.” I said.

“Yes there are those but there is more.” Paul said. I waited patiently for him to continue. “The guys, Sam and Leah…we’re the wolf men. Also named werewolf or shape-shifters.” He said. My mouth fell open in disbelief.

“Ha. Ha. Ha. You guys are hilarious. I’m not as gullible as I used to be.” I said laughing.

“We can prove it.” Jake said. I looked at him.

“Ok. Go ahead and prove what you’re not.” I said stepping back to give them room. I leaned against a tree and crossed my arms. Leah came and stood by me by the tree. They started to shake and it grew more violent. Then it happened, in a blink of an eye. Where the guys had been standing now stood six GIGANTIC wolves. They were taller than me at least by a foot or two. My eyes popped open and my mouth fell open. I lowered my hands to my side and backed away as one of them took a step forward. It stopped.

“It’s Jake. He said don’t be afraid, you know we would never hurt you.” Leah said.

“I’m not scared, shocked and nervous yes but not scared.” I said. I looked at all of them and wondered who was who. “Who’s who?” I asked Leah.

“Paul.” She said pointing to the silver and grey one. “Jake of course.” She pointed to the one with russet colored fur. “Embry and Quil.” She said pointing to the two brownish colored. “Seth is the brown and grey one and Jared is the black and brown one.” She said.

“What color is your fur?” I asked.

“Brown, black and silver.” She said smiling.

“Huh.” I said quietly. I looked at all of them as they sat on their hind legs. I started to think about random stuff and I started laughing hysterically. The guys all cocked their heads to the side in confusion.

“They wanna know what you’re laughing at.” Leah said.

“I—I’ve al-always wan-wanted a-a dog. Now I-I got seven.” I said laughing out loud. Leah snickered and the guys all gave a bark that sounded like a laugh. Finally after about five minutes of laughing I stopped. “Can you guys like…change back or whatever you do because I got some questions?” I asked.

“We have to go back to the beach first so they can have towels.” Leah said.

“Why?” I asked confused again.

“Because once we turn back into our human form we are naked.” She said. My face grew hot and I knew I was blushing.

“Oh.” I said. My thoughts instantly went to Paul and his body. I looked at him and he looked at me. Once our eyes met my face got hotter so I looked away embarrassed.

“Paul you are so perverted.” Leah said hitting him on the head. “Come on Des. Let’s go get the towels.” I followed her but stopped. I turned back around and ran up to Jake.

“Thanks for not keeping secrets from me.” I said hugging him. I hugged the rest of them but I hugged Paul the longest. I ran to join back up with Leah.

~Paul’s P.O.V~

When the girls left I turned to the guys. ‘Did you HAVE to ruin that?

‘Sorry dude. We didn’t expect the two of you to be…you know.” Embry said.

‘That was a little to close. I would have seen more of my cousin than I would ever want too.” Jake said. We all laughed at him.

‘You know she is going to ask about imprinting.” Seth said. I sighed and layed down.

‘Yeah I know.’

‘How do you think she will react?’ Jared asked looking at Jake.

‘She’s a very open minded person. She could feel the same way and accept it or it will creep her out.’ He said.

‘Why would it creep her out?’ I asked.

‘She’s been in some bad relationships in the past and imprinting might creep her out because the thought of being perfect for someone could be weird to her.’ He answered. I thought about it for a minute and started to get…scared. ‘Don’t be scared dude. She likes you, that’s what you need to focus on.’ I knew he was right but I didn’t want to be rejected by my own imprint. She may look at the fact that we just met and that it may be to soon. I couldn’t help but think about the negative that I didn’t even think about the positive. Destiny came into view with Leah behind her with the towels in their hands. They laid them at our feet and stood by the tree facing the other way. We returned to our normal selves and wrapped the towels around our waists.

“Ok, it’s clear.” Jake said. They turned around and Destiny’s eyes immediately went to me.

“Come on. Let’s go talk.” I said walking over to her. We started to walk toward the beach when the guys started to follow. “In private.” I said looking at them. They nodded their heads and I led her to the cliff top. I noticed that she had her clothes on again.

~Destiny’s P.O.V~

“How long have you guys been like this?” I asked sticking my hands in my back pockets.

“Sam has been like this for about three years, Jared and I about a two years. Jake, Quil and Embry a year. Seth and Leah just turned a few months ago.” He said walking next to me.

“Oh. Well how did you guys change…why did you change?” I asked walking up the hill to the top of the cliff.

“Um well…the reason why we changed was to protect the people of La Push and Forks.” He replied.

“From what?” I questioned.

“The cold ones.”

“And…they are?” I asked.

“Vampires.” He answered.

“They really exist?” I asked shocked.

“Mhm. You’ve actually met some…even though they could have killed you from the blood that was coming from your hand.” He said softly.

“What do you mean I’ve met some? I haven’t met anyone except you guys and Carlisle, Bella and…Edward.” I looked at him in realization. “Were…were they vamp-vampires?” I asked swallowing in fear.

“Yeah. But don’t worry I wouldn’t let anything happen to you.” He said smiling. I smiled back as we reached the top of the grass covered cliff. The sun was just about to set into the horizon as we sat at the edge with out legs hanging over the edge.

“And why not?” I asked.

“Why not what?” he asked confused.

“Why wouldn’t you let anything happen to me when you barely know me?”

“Well for five reasons. One: You’re Jake’s cousin. Two: I imprinted on you. Three: It’s my job. Four: Billy would kill me.” He said. I smiled at him and kinda snickered.

“Wait a minute…what’s this imprinting thing you guys keep talking about? It sounds painful” I asked. He laughed but smiled.

“It’s a werewolf thing. The easiest way to explain it is to say it’s like love at first sight. When we see the girl we were meant to be with it’s like they become our life. We would do anything for them in a heart beat. We would take a bullet for them if necessary, but that wouldn’t be a problem since we heal really fast.” He explained.

“That’s so romantic.” I said smiling. I turned to look out at the horizon just as the sun began to set. The sky turned a light pink color with some orange and yellow mixed in. We were quiet for a minute. Me thinking about everything Paul just told me, him thinking about…I have no idea. I was thinking about the reasons why he wouldn’t let anything happen to me when I realized he never told me his fifth reason. “What’s the fifth reason?” I asked looking down at the water beneath us.

“Fifth reason for what?” he asked confused.

“Why you wouldn’t let anything happen to me.” I answered staring at the sunset.

“Because…I’m…I’m in love with you.” He answered. My head jerked to the side to look at him. My eyes were wide with surprise but good surprise. That was so sweet, no guy had every told me that before except for my stalker I had back home.

“Aww…I feel so loved.” I smiled.

“Well you should because you are.” He said looking at me. Our eyes connected for about the hundredth time since I had arrived here. I saw the love and affection in them. He raised his hand and put it on my cheek and rubbed his thumb against it. I leaned into his hand allowing the warmth to settle onto my face. He slid his hand to the back of my neck and I leaned in putting my forehead on his. I closed my eyes as I felt his breath on my face. “I meant it when I said that I would never let anything happen to you Destiny and I meant it when I said that I’m in love with you.” He said. I opened my eyes to look into his and crashed my lips to his. Our lips molded together with every kiss. We moved away from the cliff so we didn’t have any accidents; our lips still touching. I was pressed against the grass while he leaned over me. My arms found their way around his neck while his right hand rested on my waist. I pulled him closer to me to deepen the kiss. Hopefully this time nobody would ruin the moment. His hand started to slide upward and under my shirt. It got closer and closer and I stopped him. He pulled back and looked at me.

“Too soon.” I said. He nodded his head in understanding and smiled at me. His smile always sent me into a daze, I could get lost in it. “You know something?” I asked.

“What’s that?” he asked smoothing my hair and moving it out of my face.

“It sounds insane because we just met and all but I think that…I may be…in love with you too.” I said softly. He looked at me and his smile grew even bigger. He bent his head down and planted another kiss on my lips. The sun had completely set by now and it was dark and getting cold. “I better get home before Billy starts wondering where I am.” I said. He stood up and helped me up off the ground.

“Wanna ride my way?” he asked.

“Sure.” I said enthusiastically. He got in front of me and I got on his back wrapping my arms and legs around his neck and waist. He grabbed a hold of my legs and held on.

“Hold on.” He said. I tightened my grip and he took off running. Not really running it was more like flying. The trees were a big blur as we passed them. I was laughing the entire time. It was so much fun until we got to the house and came to a stop. After we stopped my stomach, heart and every other eternal organ caught up with me. When he let go of my legs and I didn’t wanna let him go but I did anyway. When I got off of him I planted my feet on the ground and laughed.

“That was so much fun.” I said walking up the stairs that led to the back door. We both stood on the porch looking at each other for a few minutes. “Do you wanna stay the night with me?” I asked shyly.

“I wish I could but I gotta patrol.” He said.

“Patrol for what?” I asked.

“Vampires.”

“Theres vampires here?”

“No but that’s why we patrol to make sure there aren’t and to make sure they don’t come here. But I’ll take a rain check.” He answered. I frowned and poked my bottom lip out and looked up at him through my eye lashes.

“Ok.” I said with a small whine in my voice. He snickered and put his hand on the back of my neck to pull my lips to his. He pulled away a second later.

“Night.” He said.

“Night.” I replied. He gave me one more peck and turned to head back into the woods. Just before he disappeared I yelled, “BE CAREFUL!” then he was gone. I sighed and walked through the back door. Billy was sitting in the living room drinking a beer and watching a football game. “Hey Uncle Billy.” I said sitting on the couch.

“Hey kiddo. Heard you found out about the guys.” He said. I looked at him.

“It’s kinda weird.” I said.

“How’s that?” he asked taking a sip of his beer.

“I never would have thought in a million years that my cousin and friends would have split personalities and it’s a dog.” I said. He busted out laughing almost spitting his beer out every where. I joined in with his loud laughter. After a few minutes of laughing I yawned a really big yawn. “Well I think I am going to crash for the night.” I said getting up off the couch. I gave him a hug and a kiss on the cheek. “Night Uncle Billy.”

“Night kiddo.” I walked to my room and plugged my phone into its charger after seeing if I had any texts or missed calls. None. I shrugged my shoulders and changed into my pajamas then jumped into bed. Shortly after I fell asleep with Paul invading my dreams. This could be the start of something good.